Recent Topics

Ads

Pounce/Leap feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Pounce/Leap feedback

Post#51 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:26 pm

adamska2 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:24 am In every MMO class with Leap/pounce whatever... Exists and most of time their leap version perform way better than the warhammer one.

Its not a gamebreaking mechanics, Nerf this iconic skill is not good for the game.
Played DAOC for some years and there was any class with that kind of gap closers.

I Wonder if nerfing iconic skills hurts the Game un general ir only when we talk about pounce? Just asking for a friend..

Ads
lifeson

Post#52 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:22 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:26 pm I Wonder if nerfing iconic skills hurts the Game un general ir only when we talk about pounce? Just asking for a friend..
Nerfing or removing iconic, individualistic skills does hurt the game imo, it's often what makes those classes fun to play or different in feel to play. Diversity is good.

jkelly4590

Post#53 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:03 am

I absolutely love the changes, as a WL main. I'm 67RR on my lion and the range nerf is hardly noticeable in the grand scheme of things. If I need to catch up to someone I always have charge. If I don't catch them with the first charge, I have Flee + Action Pot. There was nothing worse, pre-change than seeing someone jump on a horse and knowing that I likely wasn't going to be able to anything about it because it was going to take 4 global cooldowns to get that person slowed enough for others to catch up and help (Pounce -> Axe Toss -> Charge -> Cleave Limb). Now I can do it in 2, Pounce, Cleave Limb. Pounce, imo, is there help you get around a bit more reliably, and to dismount people.

I would also argue that it looks idiotic to have my WL, with his giant axe overhead fly through the air at someone, and when he lands he doesn't even bring the axe down to do 1 damage.

Does the loss of range stink? Sure. Do I care? No. I almost never used the skill when it didn't do damage, since as a melee DPS it didn't accomplish the primary goal of my class: deal damage. I have been absolutely thrilled with the changes. I found myself playing on my alts a ton more prior to the change because of how lackluster the class felt without the ability to reliably pursue fleeing opponents.

Aethilmar

Post#54 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:35 am

Revert all the "pounces" back to how they used to be i.e. only WL and SM Morale 2. Destro has their own things that Order will never have and that is fine.

This attempt to give everyone everything is counterproductive and leads to homogenization and there are other games to play for that (e.g. SWTOR or WoW)

Winry

Post#55 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:36 am

jkelly4590 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:03 am I absolutely love the changes, as a WL main. I'm 67RR on my lion and the range nerf is hardly noticeable in the grand scheme of things. If I need to catch up to someone I always have charge. If I don't catch them with the first charge, I have Flee + Action Pot. There was nothing worse, pre-change than seeing someone jump on a horse and knowing that I likely wasn't going to be able to anything about it because it was going to take 4 global cooldowns to get that person slowed enough for others to catch up and help (Pounce -> Axe Toss -> Charge -> Cleave Limb). Now I can do it in 2, Pounce, Cleave Limb. Pounce, imo, is there help you get around a bit more reliably, and to dismount people.

I would also argue that it looks idiotic to have my WL, with his giant axe overhead fly through the air at someone, and when he lands he doesn't even bring the axe down to do 1 damage.

Does the loss of range stink? Sure. Do I care? No. I almost never used the skill when it didn't do damage, since as a melee DPS it didn't accomplish the primary goal of my class: deal damage. I have been absolutely thrilled with the changes. I found myself playing on my alts a ton more prior to the change because of how lackluster the class felt without the ability to reliably pursue fleeing opponents.
Nice troll post.

Almost copy pasta worthy

Fey

Post#56 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:20 am

Sweet sweet salty tears.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

jkelly4590

Post#57 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:34 am

Winry wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:36 am
jkelly4590 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:03 am I absolutely love the changes, as a WL main. I'm 67RR on my lion and the range nerf is hardly noticeable in the grand scheme of things. If I need to catch up to someone I always have charge. If I don't catch them with the first charge, I have Flee + Action Pot. There was nothing worse, pre-change than seeing someone jump on a horse and knowing that I likely wasn't going to be able to anything about it because it was going to take 4 global cooldowns to get that person slowed enough for others to catch up and help (Pounce -> Axe Toss -> Charge -> Cleave Limb). Now I can do it in 2, Pounce, Cleave Limb. Pounce, imo, is there help you get around a bit more reliably, and to dismount people.

Nice troll post.

Almost copy pasta worthy
Trolling, or my actual opinion?... (it's the latter, btw)

mryay

Post#58 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:02 pm

I am all up for pounce to be reverted to its original range.

1st, because pounce is a core ability to the inner synergy of the white lion skills. The same goes for mSH.
2nd, because it is a signature skill, deeply embedded in the realm signature. It is expected that these class to be great engagers/harassers.

45ft dumbs down the realm gameplay.
45ft is the range of tanks.

The classes that have pounce were originally designed to have the initiative on the back lines where casters are at the cost of being out of healing range. Side note here, in Age of Reckoning, Marauder and WL use to have a 100ft Terrible Embrace/Fetch in that respect (until Mythic tone it down). It was hilarious, lot of range, but the gameplay was so rich because of that: no range dps/healer was safe and Marauders/WL were right on the spot.

If any, Marauders should have long-range Pounce like WL since it is mainly a melee class.

Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Ads
sighy

Post#59 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:41 pm

mryay wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:02 pm I am all up for pounce to be reverted to its original range.

1st, because pounce is a core ability to the inner synergy of the white lion skills. The same goes for mSH.
2nd, because it is a signature skill, deeply embedded in the realm signature. It is expected that these class to be great engagers/harassers.

45ft dumbs down the realm gameplay.
45ft is the range of tanks.

The classes that have pounce were originally designed to have the initiative on the back lines where casters are at the cost of being out of healing range. Side note here, in Age of Reckoning, Marauder and WL use to have a 100ft Terrible Embrace/Fetch in that respect (until Mythic tone it down). It was hilarious, lot of range, but the gameplay was so rich because of that: no range dps/healer was safe and Marauders/WL were right on the spot.

If any, Marauders should have long-range Pounce like WL since it is mainly a melee class.

Cheers
A great deal has changed since the days of 2008 some for the better some for the worse depending on your perspective, what class you like, how tryhard you are, which scale of battle you like. That said between charge and 65ft no cd pounce there wasn't much counterplay to be had, particularly in lesser scale encounters. To say it's situational is a fair argument, but where it was strong it was way too strong, because it could effectively ignore disengage.

And if Pounce is such a must have iconic skill that you would always have to take it, as you say then perhaps you should suggest it be made baseline, as compared to a mastery, in order to open up build diversity?

footpatrol2

Post#60 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:06 pm

So classes that can pounce now...

Original pounce classes: WL, SM

RoR pounce classes: WL, SM, mSH, aSW, WE?
Am I missing any?

I mean... ... ...