Recent Topics

Ads

Run Away!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
titaniummushroom

Re: Run Away!

Post#11 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:46 am

Ysaran wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:25 am
noobwarrior wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:21 am
Ysaran wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:11 am No one noticed the change because the problem with RUN AWAY! is just inside ppl head. Who know how to kite can do it even without the tactic, on the other hand ppl who don't know how to play will always find an excuse for his inadequacy.
i play without this tactic and it is difficult but it works
I play without the tactic since long time. it isn't that difficult. just pre-hot yourself and if you get cought just punt+snare+flee+ap pot and back to healing
yeah i rest my case?

Ads
Jastojan

Post#12 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:07 am

titaniummushroom wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:33 am It was. And no one actually noticed in game.
Did u make a research? Because I noticed players which noticed...
Back to topic - as order players complained about WL pounce nerf as a "class defining spell" runaway is class defining spell for goblins. RunAway is an answer to pounce from WL, morale jump from SM and shadowstep from SW. Why this ability does not break after using spell like other "sprints"? This is a special tactic for a race is not the same, should not brake after using spell. To be honest, this is not a game/battle winning spell (like rampage), the impact of this tactic for WB gameplay is almost meaningless. The whole problem about runaway is "soloers", thats all.

Jinxypie

Post#13 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:06 am

Order: You can't touch Rampage, it's class defining!
Also order: You must nerf the Run Away! Who cares about class defining skills anyway!
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Nekkma

Post#14 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:20 am

Stopp trying to adjust one aspect of a class (in this case solo players) with "global" changes to, in this case, classes which inevitably will affect other aspects of said classes.

If you have issues with solo goblins you already have several options without destroying the class (yes, removing a class defining skill such as run away for shamans is to destroy the class).
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

AxelF

Post#15 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:43 am

Nekkma wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:20 am Stopp trying to adjust one aspect of a class (in this case solo players) with "global" changes to, in this case, classes which inevitably will affect other aspects of said classes.

If you have issues with solo goblins you already have several options without destroying the class (yes, removing a class defining skill such as run away for shamans is to destroy the class).
WB builds for SH/Shammy use Run Away? Outside of some meme racial WB that is.

Hienzwar

Post#16 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:55 am

titaniummushroom wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:46 am
Ysaran wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:25 am
noobwarrior wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:21 am

i play without this tactic and it is difficult but it works
I play without the tactic since long time. it isn't that difficult. just pre-hot yourself and if you get cought just punt+snare+flee+ap pot and back to healing
yeah i rest my case?
Thought you uninstalled the game? :lol: ;)

Nekkma

Post#17 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:59 am

I don't play alot in WBs anymore but run away for sure can be used in WBs. On live, before aoe nerfs I rarely used it in WBs as you moved in a tight ball of aoe death and did not need it but after the aoe nerfs fights became more spread out and kiting became viable again. Naturally, it is still close to useless in funnel/keep fights but other than that there is often room for kiting.

Edit: Writing only about shaman as I have never leveled a SH beyond T2.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Neverever

Post#18 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:14 am

First of all it is a tactic not an ability. All that whining is about %25 speed increase that can easily be negated by any slow ability in game which has at least %40 run speed reduction apart from that order has 2 ranged KDs, champ challenge, charges that doubles Run Away %25 speed increase (WL has %50 speed increase, WH has %50 speed increase, Slayer %50), WL M1 root that can only be broken by SH M2, WL pull, pounces, perma snare by KOTBS, Melee KDs. So If you are not able to deal with gobbos despite all these tools, then it is most likely a L2P issue. It is very sad to see Dev.s are listening to these nonsense. They simply gimped Kaboom and rendered Run Away tactic to a useless tactic already. But guess what same people still keep crying...

Ads
Wushi

Post#19 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:37 am

What is it with this constant crying and overzealousness to nerf everything, going to be the death of this game if every little snowflake gets to have a say

MMXX43

Post#20 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:38 am

Jinxypie wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:06 am Order: You can't touch Rampage, it's class defining!
Also order: You must nerf the Run Away! Who cares about class defining skills anyway!
except its not class , but racial tactic. SH and SHam can have 2 + ( SH has 5 escape tools really ) escape tools .