Recent Topics

Ads

Two WE/WH ideas to increase large scale effectiveness without changing solo much.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
jughurta69

Re: Two WE/WH ideas to increase large scale effectiveness without changing solo much.

Post#11 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:20 pm

i speak for debuff cap AoE max 6 or 9 with tactics in city and sc's . Open RvR no change

Ads
TreefAM

Re: Two WE/WH ideas to increase large scale effectiveness without changing solo much.

Post#12 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:07 pm

jughurta69 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:04 pm I don't agree with this proposal AoE is the problem

What would be interesting is a city and Sc's debuff which decreases the number of targets hit to 6 in AoE

So all gameplay will be necessary, ST, Aoe, debuff etc ...and not just aoe spam
you cant win scs with aoe spam unless you're fighting pugs, but then you can do whatever
ST parties are needed vs competent warbands anyhow, so you already have that.

jughurta69

Post#13 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:43 pm

I just wanted to say
for me personally, WH/WE don't need aoe

Those who want aoe, should go to another class

warlover

Post#14 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:56 pm

teiloh wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:14 pm Two new abilities, usable in and out of stealth:

Smoke Bomb - 25 AP, ground target cloud with 65 range, 30 area. Reduces AOE damage taken by allies in the cloud by 15%. Lasts 10 seconds, 30 second cooldown.

This would provide some cover and defenses to your group/warband if you're taking heavy AOE damage. Would not be too useful in small scale, but several WE/WH could stagger and spread these around keeps to help their team. It would also be useful in Warband/Group PvE.

Charged (WH)/Venom (WE) Caltrops - 20 AP, scatters 9-16 (random) caltrops at feet in a 10 foot radius. When a target steps on one, it explodes, dealing 100-125 corporeal damage in a 10 foot area and snaring for 20 percent for 1 second. Lasts for 1 minute on the ground, 20 second cooldown.

Single targets can be more careful maneuvering around these, but this will deal a good amount of AOE damage to a cluster of people charging through a zone as each one gets hit by several detonations, and the snare would effectively last longer as staggered explosions keep clumps of enemies snared. Would be worthy of a GCD for damage in Warband RvR/PvE as well
Very Creative i like a lot :)

Whyumadbro

Post#15 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:54 pm

very cool idea! the second ability seems a little hard to make

Arcrival

Post#16 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:26 pm

That’s some creative thinking the first idea I like simply due to it reducing aoe damage current aoe damage is a bit high imo plus if used right could offer some tactic options.
The second option is neat as well but not too keen on more aoe damage in the game But that cc element is interesting maybe build on it
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen: