Recent Topics

Ads

Skill vs Gear, KotBS issues, other gameplay suggestions.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
detrap

Re: Skill vs Gear, KotBS issues, other gameplay suggestions.

Post#31 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:32 am

We forget sometimes how already stronger the warband/party is by having a knight, especially 2h. Their aoe debuffs are better than the blackguards and at the same time increase the damage of the warband better than chosens can...annnnd Destro don't have a wounds buff on doks either.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ads
amagawd

Post#32 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:22 pm

sharpblader wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:43 pm
amagawd wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:02 pm Cookie cutter builds? Please link me 3 builds for SnB which are not trash.
Seriously? The whole point of what I said was that so you go and experiment yourself.

But since you probably just want to rant, I will give you some:

1. Vigilance build: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

2. "Control" build to utilise AoE slow: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

3. Staggering Impact build for AoE defense reduction: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

4. Solar Flare build for Morale removal (RvR/Forts): RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

5. Solo SnB Roam: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun
1) Viable and one of the possible builds. I played this until I found out HF has 3s duration.
2) Trash build
3) 2h build
4) m4 build - trash (unless you're full sov vs full sov and u manage to get to m4, also, aren't there better morale drains than this m4?)
5) Solo roam as SnB, funny. Trash build.
6) "The cookie cutter build" as you call it, trash again. Has vigilance, but that's it.

Let me give you the ones I tested and seem viable as SnB.
1) The one you mentioned on 1). Again, HF 3s duration.
2) https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 01,3108&t=
This one means u would run To Glory and Stay focused, so only one defensive aura left to run . If u take Now's Our chance, it means 0 defensive auras for the group.
3) No, there is not a third one as SnB.

Also, in your builds you take Banish Darkness over Bellow Commands which is a bad choice imo. Also no Gilded Shield which is a must unless you plan on using HTL all the time.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

amagawd

Post#33 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:41 pm

Wdova wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:16 pm As SnB Kotbs You can interrupt healer by 5 ways:
1) taunt ( giving no imunity)
2) stagger ( it give imunity )
3) knockdown ( shares the same imunity as stagger)
4) knockback ( giving root and punt imunity)
5) vicisious slash (10s giving no imunity)

I am not sure about knockdown and stagger shares the same imunities.

Sutuation: healer cast his 2- 2,5s long skills. You taunt and he must cast it from begining, You vicisous slash, he try it again and You knockdown him. Thats 5s healer cant use his more powerfull skills. When he about to res You punt. Its total of like 7-9s ( consider punt flight time and 3s kd duration) "nearly" locked healer who can just cast only instant heals or skills that require max 1s cast time but neighter of them are as powerfull.

Real issue here for You are shammans(I love You Drwho!) and for us AMs with insta ress which can be real pain in ass especialy in cities.

Thats all I want to say about not able to interrupt healer by 8 ppl attacking him. There is only one way he cannot be set back and interupted and its m2 focused mind.
KD/Stagger/Punt share DR. U can only land 2 of those, take your pick. If I'm not mistaken, they share DR with Roots as well (No Escape M3, Shackle as examples).
The most reliable interrupts are Taunt (15 sec cd) and Vicious Slash (10s cd). If you manage to land them considering animations/server lag.

In any fight, once you use all the 5 skills you mentioned you need to wait for DR to use them again. I try to run between different targets and use the stun and punt (targets that otherwise would've avoided the CC brought by the rest of the group), most of the times once the battle started they become immune after the first rotation. Whether we're talking about Cities or ORVR.
If they are immune that means free casting for 30 seconds unless you land Taunt and VS - which rarely happens.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging

amagawd

Post#34 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Arbich wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:57 pm
amagawd wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:30 pm
Arbich wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:25 am Most of the points make absolutely no sense.

1. Heavens Fury was changed long ago to a 3sec duration, because a 5sec AoE stagger was considered too strong.I would say its mostly a defensive tool now to help yourself or teammates to escape. You can use it on offense, if the positioning of the healers is bad, but usually its better to use the RP/Zealot stagger for offense.

2. Interrupts do work and I would say good interrupts shows advanced skill play. As Kobs you have taunt and vicious slash to interrupt enemies (and the stuff that give out immunities). Instead of stopping some random heal spell, better try interrupting strong abilities like mara pull, rezzes, sorc/bw rotations or some channeled attacks/abilities.

3. I really don´t get this point. So instead of having it like now (3 active auras at the same time), you prefer the old aura-dancing of the kobs? Where you can only have 1 aura active? Thats the reason for the 4sec cooldown and the 12sec lingering btw in tooltip. This way you could have at max 3 Aura effects running at the same time, when you do the tedious work of pressing 3 different buttons every 4 sec.

You can make the proposal to change the way Auras work to disabling without any cooldown and activate them with only gcd. Would be a buff to kobs/chosen, but not a totally terrible idea. The lingering effect should not be enabled again, though.

4. When you tested it in a duel, the other person probably attacked you 3 times? Then the challenge effect is removed.

5. Good question, just test it. Maybe Toughness related?
A totally passive aura where you do nothing besides merely existing, shouldn´t do significant dmg anyway.
1. Then change the tooltip as well.
2. I never said the interrupts dont work, i was trying to say it's impossible to interrupt a healer when spamming 1s heals
3. Knight always had 3 active auras on them even in live. It was never only 1 aura active? Maybe I remember wrong, it's been such a long time since live.
4. The person did not attack me, that's why it's called a test. I used the skill and counted down, me and him both.
5. A WH will never have more toughness than a SM.
1. Sure, why not. I am not a dev on this server.
2. I am quite certain it is possible to interrupt the 1 sec groupheal of DoK/WP. Why shouldn´t it be possible? The question is why you should do this. Its a 1sec cast with no cooldown...
Do you mean chance of setback of casts when getting hit and not interrupt? That has nothing to do with kobs in specific and changes how this work will have huge a balance impact. Its really not worth the endeavor.
3.You remember it wrong. You could have only one aura active. Thats why there was this 12sec lingering and the 4 sec cooldown. This was you could have the effects of 3 Auras, while only one aura was active. How its working now is far superior.
4. Thats strange... I have challenges on my buffhead. Don´t think I ever saw it not working as it should. But I am more concerned if I got challenged at all and not so much about the timer :D Will check this.
5. I thought you did a test? Sure a WH can have more Toughness than a SM. Why not? The question is did your test-WH had more toughness your Test-SM. Would be nice to know what can reduce the dmg of on your guard.
2. Just to stop the spam ;)
3. You're right, only one aura active! Works better here, true.
4. Test it please, I'm sure I counted to 15 and only got to ~10. Tested multiple times, please do it yourself too.
5. Yes, if the WH would build specifically for toughness, it wasn't the case. The WH just dinged 40, had worse gear than the SM. I'm sure the WH didn't build full toughness just for this test. I just noticed the aura reflected more dmg to the SM (183 on SM vs ~140 on WH). Is it proportional to the HP pool? Proportional to RR level? Class? That's why I'm confused.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging

sharpblader

Post#35 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:41 pm

amagawd wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:22 pm 1) Viable and one of the possible builds. I played this until I found out HF has 3s duration.
2) Trash build
3) 2h build
4) m4 build - trash (unless you're full sov vs full sov and u manage to get to m4, also, aren't there better morale drains than this m4?)
6) "The cookie cutter build" as you call it, trash again. Has vigilance, but that's it.

This one means u would run To Glory and Stay focused, so only one defensive aura left to run . If u take Now's Our chance, it means 0 defensive auras for the group.

Also, in your builds you take Banish Darkness over Bellow Commands which is a bad choice imo. Also no Gilded Shield which is a must unless you plan on using HTL all the time.
Look some builds are not viable depending on what game mode you are in but by calling them trash you seem to remain ignorant.

Ill make this simple. In a group, knight is a support tank class and as SnB if you bring 15% + heal, 5% crit for group, KD and Guard, congratulations you're 80% sorted. The rest 20% is up to what your group needs and what game mode you're in.

When you say tested and seem viable, what game mode are you referring? Because when you say you choose Bellow Commands over Banish Darkness you're probably playing in zergs holding doors. I wouldn't say your build is trash because I can see how you can make it work for the game mode you play as long as you're covering the basics. But you know what? Forget it I'm not going to waste anymore time arguing with you and your tunnel vision.

Its a pity though I was about to share how you can be a knight solo roamer.

amagawd

Post#36 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:50 am

sharpblader wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:41 pm
amagawd wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:22 pm 1) Viable and one of the possible builds. I played this until I found out HF has 3s duration.
2) Trash build
3) 2h build

Look some builds are not viable depending on what game mode you are in but by calling them trash you seem to remain ignorant.

Ill make this simple. In a group, knight is a support tank class and as SnB if you bring 15% + heal, 5% crit for group, KD and Guard, congratulations you're 80% sorted. The rest 20% is up to what your group needs and what game mode you're in.

When you say tested and seem viable, what game mode are you referring? Because when you say you choose Bellow Commands over Banish Darkness you're probably playing in zergs holding doors. I wouldn't say your build is trash because I can see how you can make it work for the game mode you play as long as you're covering the basics. But you know what? Forget it I'm not going to waste anymore time arguing with you and your tunnel vision.

Its a pity though I was about to share how you can be a knight solo roamer.
Game mod is SnB. Banish Darkness tooltip says ( maybe the tooltip is wrong again ) that the CD is reduced if u have a great weapon. I don't have a great weapon. So losing 50% of the tactic. In your "Control" build u pick 4 tactics and still use Banish Darkness.

Considering the core skills and the ones you unlock with your trees I don't see the full utility the Aura bot brings to the party, no matter the game mode.

U can call me ignorant, and maybe I am, but the game mode I am in with a KOTBS is tanking/cc/being useful/soak dmg/take care of squishies. Doesn't matter if I'm in a zerg holding doors or if I'm a member of an elite guild who can turn the tide. The game is the same as a tank.

Please teach me about solo SnB, I wanna kill 2 WE at once. Or even better, 2 SH - 1 melee, 1 ranged. With the build u posted, Vigilance won't help imo.

I will rephrase - not trash, sub-optimal? Insufficient? Could be better?
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging