Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
titaniummushroom
Posts: 33

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#161 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:18 pm

Kenshiken wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:23 pm
Can we remove pounce from a WL already also?
oh that makes sense.

Game Version 1 - WL has pounce. SH does not have pounce.

Gamer version 2 - WL has pounce. SH has pounce!

Game version 3 - No one gets pounce!

End result - SH back to normal. WL screwed.

This is standard destro logic. Either A, we get it and you dont, or we get to stay normal and order loses unique abilities.

Story of this server.

Ads
titaniummushroom
Posts: 33

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#162 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:21 pm

spraim wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:12 pm
The strength of the squig is in its mobility and support from the pet. And it's his class mechanics that give him the opportunity for easy gank, the order has similar classes in the form of sw / wl / wh. If the squig was OP, all the dd slots in the wb would be occupied by it.
False.

Your argument is predicated on terrible logic, IE, if X class is OP, then all slots would be filled with X.

That is not true. That WOULD be true if the SH was SOOO OP that they could 1 shot everyone including heroes, stealth, group heal and do everything sure. You seem to fail to recognize that a class being OP or "overtuned" sits on a spectrum. It's entirely possible for multiple things to be true at one time. IE, the SH is OP and yet, not SOO OP that other classes don't have a place in certain situations. That still doesn't take away from the fact that on the spectrum of relative class performance, SH performs at the top end across a litany of metrics with the exception of healing.

Your argument is false.

Sulorie
Posts: 5260

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#163 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:34 pm

titaniummushroom wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:18 pm
Squig Herder's aren't a bit overtuned. They're horribly overtuned bordering on stupidity, incompetence or both.

I just had a fight with an SH that was able to kill me, 7k hp, in 7 seconds. What's worse however, is the fact that he is a combo mSH / quick shootin. Meaning he literally gets the best of both worlds. He get's the damage, range and stupidity of rkd (with no pre-req of course, in contrast to the "you must be behind your target" pre-req of mkd that WH has which rarely works without feinted positioning due to lag). Plus all the bonus of being a meatwad AND the ability to INSTANTLY switch between the two with no penalties whatsoever.

The people saying SH are fine, l2p blah blah blah, either never play against them, simply prefer ez mode, or possess an innate cognitive dissonance at a level which should predispose them to run for political office.
You wanted to solo gank someone with your WH and failed at it? If yes, I am sorry to hear that.
Dying is no option.

titaniummushroom
Posts: 33

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#164 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:37 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:34 pm
titaniummushroom wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:18 pm
Squig Herder's aren't a bit overtuned. They're horribly overtuned bordering on stupidity, incompetence or both.

I just had a fight with an SH that was able to kill me, 7k hp, in 7 seconds. What's worse however, is the fact that he is a combo mSH / quick shootin. Meaning he literally gets the best of both worlds. He get's the damage, range and stupidity of rkd (with no pre-req of course, in contrast to the "you must be behind your target" pre-req of mkd that WH has which rarely works without feinted positioning due to lag). Plus all the bonus of being a meatwad AND the ability to INSTANTLY switch between the two with no penalties whatsoever.

The people saying SH are fine, l2p blah blah blah, either never play against them, simply prefer ez mode, or possess an innate cognitive dissonance at a level which should predispose them to run for political office.
You wanted to solo gank someone with your WH and failed at it? If yes, I am sorry to hear that.
the amount of assumptions you have to make to write that kind short but clear idiocy perfectly exemplifies why it's so hard to have constructive dialogue on these forums.

I killed a WE. The SH was an add immediately afterwards. I won't bother you with a play by play because I don't care to type it and based on your comment i doubt you would comprehend it.

spraim
Posts: 5

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#165 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:39 pm

@ titaniummushroom
His "overturned" best in the mirror? SH is just flexible and it can't all at once... player must choose. But he's good at gank, one of top tir.

Sulorie
Posts: 5260

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#166 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:53 pm

titaniummushroom wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:37 pm

I killed a WE. The SH was an add immediately afterwards. I won't bother you with a play by play because I don't care to type it and based on your comment i doubt you would comprehend it.
Thanks for answering my question, very kind of you.
So you killed someone, your health was looking good, some new enemy engaged you, which eventually killed you.
That WE probably felt the same, when you killed her. Bad fights happen, one has to lose, you know?
Dying is no option.

User avatar
kmark101
Posts: 444

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#167 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Apparently it wasn't overtuned enough since they received a massive survival buff ("fix") today... like they ever need it
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Snowhawk
Posts: 92

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#168 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:33 pm

kmark101 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm
Apparently it wasn't overtuned enough since they received a massive survival buff ("fix") today... like they ever need it
- Summon Squig : This ability won’t trigger an error message with He’s a Biggun’?

Ads
User avatar
Brutinho
Posts: 145

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#169 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:33 pm

kmark101 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm
Apparently it wasn't overtuned enough since they received a massive survival buff ("fix") today... like they ever need it
ReturnOfReckoning wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 pm
- Sneaky Git : This tactic will now also work if you slot it while already in Squig Armor.
- Squig Armor : Fixed an issue preventing Squig armor stat buff to stack with Liniment or Potion.
- Indigestion : Fixed a typo in the tooltip.
- Summon Squig : This ability won’t trigger an error message with He’s a Biggun’
Are you high?
Where do you see a buff?
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SQ] Gittens RR8X
[WE] Flaquita RR6X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR6X

trimal
Posts: 5

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#170 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:56 pm

Brutinho wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:33 pm
kmark101 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm
Apparently it wasn't overtuned enough since they received a massive survival buff ("fix") today... like they ever need it
ReturnOfReckoning wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 pm
- Sneaky Git : This tactic will now also work if you slot it while already in Squig Armor.
- Squig Armor : Fixed an issue preventing Squig armor stat buff to stack with Liniment or Potion.
- Indigestion : Fixed a typo in the tooltip.
- Summon Squig : This ability won’t trigger an error message with He’s a Biggun’
Are you high?
Where do you see a buff?
The second line about squig armor. Apparently it wasn't stacking with armor pots but now it does. That is effectively a "buff".

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blechkautz, Google [Bot], leondre25, Madmagnus, mogt and 19 guests