Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wachlarz

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#171 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:01 pm

trimal wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:56 pm
Brutinho wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:33 pm
kmark101 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm Apparently it wasn't overtuned enough since they received a massive survival buff ("fix") today... like they ever need it
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 pm - Sneaky Git : This tactic will now also work if you slot it while already in Squig Armor.
- Squig Armor : Fixed an issue preventing Squig armor stat buff to stack with Liniment or Potion.
- Indigestion : Fixed a typo in the tooltip.
- Summon Squig : This ability won’t trigger an error message with He’s a Biggun’
Are you high?
Where do you see a buff?
The second line about squig armor. Apparently it wasn't stacking with armor pots but now it does. That is effectively a "buff".
So if yours char bug and make 50% less dmg, devs fix this, its effectivrly buff ? or un-nerf ?

Ads
kmark101

Post#172 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:06 pm

kmark101 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm Apparently it wasn't overtuned enough since they received a massive survival buff ("fix") today... like they ever need it
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 pm - Sneaky Git : This tactic will now also work if you slot it while already in Squig Armor.
- Squig Armor : Fixed an issue preventing Squig armor stat buff to stack with Liniment or Potion.
Are you high?
Where do you see a buff?
The second line about squig armor. Apparently it wasn't stacking with armor pots but now it does. That is effectively a "buff".

Then how about my single target class defining IB buffs stack on top potion/liniments as well? Oh so that is not the case? How surprising...
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

jonspidy

Post#173 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:17 pm

spraim wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:12 pm The strength of the squig is in its mobility and support from the pet. And it's his class mechanics that give him the opportunity for easy gank, the order has similar classes in the form of sw / wl / wh. If the squig was OP, all the dd slots in the wb would be occupied by it.
I'd say the strength of the squig is its AoE dmg and AoE debuffs as well as its surivability and mobility.
your comparison also doesnt make much sense either considering WH/WE, WL/Mara+MsH (destro variants have better AoE & grp utility and Msh has KD that isnt reliant on a buggy pet), SW/RsH
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

Brutinho

Post#174 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:24 pm

- Indigestion : Fixed a typo in the tooltip.
- Summon Squig : This ability won’t trigger an error message with He’s a Biggun’
Are you high?
Where do you see a buff?
Stat buff -> Str, Wounds, Toughness

Trimal, I understand that it could have been confusing and if you ask for clarification is one thing, another is to be the first person to comment on patch notes complaining about Sh without getting any details and do exactly the same here (kmark that is).

Btw SW got exactly the same fix and from what Grunbag mentioned is that it broke last week.

These stats are giving to make these ranged classes viable as melee fighters, it has nothing to do with single target buffs. (Every class buff has the same treatment as IB buddy)
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

kmark101

Post#175 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:16 pm

Brutinho wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:24 pm

Trimal, I understand that it could have been confusing and if you ask for clarification is one thing, another is to be the first person to comment on patch notes complaining about Sh without getting any details and do exactly the same here (kmark that is).

Btw SW got exactly the same fix and from what Grunbag mentioned is that it broke last week.

Wait a minute... do you aware of the fact that IB single target stat buffs, like the aforementioned Str, Toughness and Armor DO NOT stack on top of potions/liniments? Just like the WP hitpoints buff DO NOT stack on top of liniments? Just like the knight/chosen aura DO NOT stack on top of potions? So why the single most already-overtuned class has this privilege again?

Brutinho wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:24 pm These stats are giving to make these ranged classes viable as melee fighters, it has nothing to do with single target buffs. (Every class buff has the same treatment as IB buddy)

And why exactly do they need to be viable melee fighters? Just like any other mdps class receives nothing to be viable ranged fighters.... is my slayer supposed to be a challenge from range, that's what you are suggesting with this logic?
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Neverever

Post#176 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:33 pm

kmark101 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:16 pm

Wait a minute... do you aware of the fact that IB single target stat buffs, like the aforementioned Str, Toughness and Armor DO NOT stack on top of potions/liniments? Just like the WP hitpoints buff DO NOT stack on top of liniments? Just like the knight/chosen aura DO NOT stack on top of potions? So why the single most already-overtuned class has this privilege again?

Brutinho wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:24 pm These stats are giving to make these ranged classes viable as melee fighters, it has nothing to do with single target buffs. (Every class buff has the same treatment as IB buddy)

And why exactly do they need to be viable melee fighters? Just like any other mdps class receives nothing to be viable ranged fighters.... is my slayer supposed to be a challenge from range, that's what you are suggesting with this logic?
It is a damn stance buff that's why. Now stop crying.

Brutinho

Post#177 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:21 pm

kmark101 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:16 pm Wait a minute... do you aware of the fact that IB single target stat buffs, like the aforementioned Str, Toughness and Armor DO NOT stack on top of potions/liniments? Just like the WP hitpoints buff DO NOT stack on top of liniments? Just like the knight/chosen aura DO NOT stack on top of potions? So why the single most already-overtuned class has this privilege again?
Yes I am, if you would have taken 10 secs to read the last posts I quoted you would have understood the context but apparently you gaming skills are not the only thing lacking.
Brutinho wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:33 pm Are you high?
Where do you see a buff?
I will make it clear for you my mono-neuron friend, as you have no clue how SH works by the looks of it. SA and AS gives a list of buffs from which there are a few that are base stats. This is the part that was not working properly and got fixed.

[/quote]

The logic is that fragile ranged classes are given a stance/form in which they can stand in the middle of a battlefield where as, by design, in their ranged stance/form they can't. This gives options for different playstyles, you can't spec and slot every tactic.

SH on SA looses access to it's range skills and now AS looses most as well.

Hope it is clear enough

That been said:
You do have 1 good point, which you mentioned about IBs. I truely believe they need some love, but going around the forum angrily won't hell you. You should reconsider you approach.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

spraim

Post#178 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:24 pm

jonspidy wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:17 pm I'd say the strength of the squig is its AoE dmg and AoE debuffs as well as its surivability and mobility.
your comparison also doesnt make much sense either considering WH/WE, WL/Mara+MsH (destro variants have better AoE & grp utility and Msh has KD that isnt reliant on a buggy pet), SW/RsH
1 As it should be a melee dd for the WB.
2 My comparison suggests that the order also has good gank classes.

Ads
titaniummushroom

Post#179 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:07 am

any excuse to make SH stronger will do. nothing is surprising at this point

yiddos1111

Post#180 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:26 am

both goblin classes have become god mode, and yes nothing surprises me anymore ,the mirror only goes one way like in a police station.