Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
boomcat
Suspended

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#211 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:56 pm

Rasenmeister wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:52 pm
boomcat wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:47 pm and i think SW sniping is to OP getting kited and killed on distance.
And i think WL is OP - he kill solo magus/sorc in knock
slayer is OP - he use rampage and ignore defense

continue?
thats my point, everything is OP in diffrent perspective.. the game would be pretty boring if all had the same things.. just look at WoW when all classes had heals/stun and heal reductions.
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Ads
Rasenmeister

Post#212 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:04 pm

boomcat wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:56 pm just look at WoW when all classes had heals/stun and heal reductions.
I dont play in WoW
I play in RoR, and i have full-geared chars on of-server

Give mSH heal debuff and return armor buff with strike, old Git-em and 65ft leap with crit damage
and you see -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ__LyhyNoA
FMJ
Tristarix/Urgolf/Rakamaka/Shaefer
Tristasha/Gunthane

boomcat
Suspended

Post#213 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:07 pm

Rasenmeister wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:04 pm
boomcat wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:56 pm just look at WoW when all classes had heals/stun and heal reductions.
I dont play in WoW

Give mSH heal debuff and return armor buff with strike, old Git-em and 65ft leap with crit damage
and you see -

meh i just think they should leave things as it is. and do small tweaks on dmg numbers. if needed. i have both order and destro in endgear. and i dont cry.. i just hate elves.. nerf elves.
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Spyked1106

Post#214 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:11 pm

Rasenmeister wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:04 pm
I dont play in WoW

and you see -

you need to play order side and cry
you ll see
you re not objective

Rasenmeister

Post#215 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:14 pm

80% of my time in last 2 month i play solo on my mSH (83rr, full sovereign or full warlord, sentinel ring, fortress weapon)

and i can say - yes, this is strong char, and can kill not geared enemy very easy
in 90% i kill enemy dont use squig beast morale - only in group fight or solo kill enemy tanks

But.

WL can do almost same with pet - farm not geared destro

mSH dont have anti-roots, easy to control with pet - leap now have CD

And 99% of order dont use detaunt on pet)
FMJ
Tristasha/Gunthane

MetaFR

Post#216 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:17 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:40 pm
Avelinna wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:29 am I think people who play classes that sh has lots of success in killing are the one that are moaning. Every class has thier nemesis my main is a snb sm and magus just cook me i just try avoid them. If you are one of those classes that find Squig Herders a problem easy solution is just avoid and allow the classes who can deal with them shine.
What a load of crap. About the only classes that don't have a SH problem are tanks and there are SH EVERYWHERE now a days so it's nearly impossible to "avoid them", as you put it.

I was pounced on last night by 2 mSH. They INSTANTLY killed me. No KD, no chance to even press a button. They landed on me and I was dead, 6.6k life so each did 3.3k damage to me in one shot. Not even 2 WEs can drop someone that quickly. SHs are too damned OP and it's getting to the point of being ridiculous.
ho sir, you are so wrong. 2 WL can just do exactly the same if not worse. Pounce and instant die with CS x 2.
you have no valid point. whining wont do the trick. I play order, I play destro, both side have strong advantage or dis-advantage over the other and vice versa.
your ASW for example , wanna talk about them or not? Rampage anyone??! See it's easy. but it has no points. move along private!

Paxsanarion

Post#217 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:26 pm

Ironbreaker is a bit over tuned - They just look too awesome for words and I do not want anyone to do anything about it :-D

PlagueMonk

Post#218 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:33 pm

MetaFR wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:17 pm
PlagueMonk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:40 pm
Avelinna wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:29 am I think people who play classes that sh has lots of success in killing are the one that are moaning. Every class has thier nemesis my main is a snb sm and magus just cook me i just try avoid them. If you are one of those classes that find Squig Herders a problem easy solution is just avoid and allow the classes who can deal with them shine.
What a load of crap. About the only classes that don't have a SH problem are tanks and there are SH EVERYWHERE now a days so it's nearly impossible to "avoid them", as you put it.

I was pounced on last night by 2 mSH. They INSTANTLY killed me. No KD, no chance to even press a button. They landed on me and I was dead, 6.6k life so each did 3.3k damage to me in one shot. Not even 2 WEs can drop someone that quickly. SHs are too damned OP and it's getting to the point of being ridiculous.
ho sir, you are so wrong. 2 WL can just do exactly the same if not worse. Pounce and instant die with CS x 2.
you have no valid point. whining wont do the trick. I play order, I play destro, both side have strong advantage or dis-advantage over the other and vice versa.
your ASW for example , wanna talk about them or not? Rampage anyone??! See it's easy. but it has no points. move along private!
Except.........the SH is not a mdps class. They are Dest rdps and can perform as well as a WL in burst/damage? Sorry but that is out of line imho. Not to mention the mSH is crazy tanky. Wish the aSW had the ability to do main mdps damage but they do not nor should they. The SH is now literally 3 classes in one, no reason to play anything else, just play a SH and switch.

Ads
Rasenmeister

Post#219 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:51 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:33 pm the SH is not a mdps class.
SW not a mdps class
But it buff as rdps with aoe damage
rSH dont have aoe damage - and almost useless in wb

balance -
single target mSW vs aoe mSH
aoe rSW vs single target mSH

in city full geared rSW can do more damage then full geared mSH
FMJ
Tristasha/Gunthane

PlagueMonk

Post#220 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:47 pm

Rasenmeister wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:51 pm
PlagueMonk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:33 pm the SH is not a mdps class.
SW not a mdps class
But it buff as rdps with aoe damage
rSH dont have aoe damage - and almost useless in wb

balance -
single target mSW vs aoe mSH
aoe rSW vs single target mSH

in city full geared rSW can do more damage then full geared mSH
So what your saying is, an aSW is as good as a mSH? (we both know the answer to that is no freakin' way)

And bringing cities into it is a really bad idea because no one, and I mean literally NO ONE, takes an aSW to city. Even a SW would run range if they PUG. SH however I have seen with my very own eyes in organized city WBs as BOTH melee and ranged. That alone is a very telling statement.

Both sides know that the SH is OPed right now on all fronts. You can deny it all you want but you know it's true. Not sure why SW were nerfed back to where they were before in a matter of days but yet the SH remains untouched (or continues to get buffs)