Recent Topics

Ads

2h Tank guard

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Akilinus

2h Tank guard

Post#1 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:26 am

With this change:
- Guard defense formula now uses same code as regular defense checks, but treats all damage as if coming from front. This means you will also see some disrupt/dodge of guard damage in combat log.

Previously on RoR guard damage checks were also checking against those stats, but using a different formula and always displayed as block/parry in the combat log.

You killed all the 2h builds for any tanks that wanted to roam in rvr. Granted that you are one of those who use guard to begin with.
With the current class dispersion especially on order you should look into adding more builds and options for tanks instead of removing them.

Please look into this.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
nocturnalguest

Re: 2h Tank guard

Post#2 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:04 am

Fully support.
Neither here nor on live it has been working like this. Totally understandable that the team has a thing for 2h tanking since long time but everything should have at least somewhat reasonable limits. Dodge/disrupt of guard did nothing to "super op 6 men elitists jerks" but instead cut off (either fully or partly) viable orvr/city build options for so called pug friendly end game.

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:39 pm

Full support. One of changes that in my opinion changes the game in a bad direction, away from its core great things and towards something else.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Stophy22

Post#4 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:07 pm

Can you elaborate a little more I don't think I quite understand it, I just came back to RoR a few days ago and my character has seemed squishier and I was wondering why.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ysaran

Post#5 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:10 pm

Completely agree. The gear isn't thought for this kind of mechanics. Most tank's gear gives parry, not dodge/disrupt. Most tank don't have other dodge/disrupt other the 4 step of Deft Defenders. You can't really hope to fight outnumbered with 18% dodge/disrupt. This is even worst for Destru, considering the number of rdps that Order has. As Destru tank, atm it's pointless to spec for parry.
Zputadenti

Ysaran

Post#6 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:13 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:07 pm Can you elaborate a little more I don't think I quite understand it, I just came back to RoR a few days ago and my character has seemed squishier and I was wondering why.
On live (and on RoR, until few month ago) all the guard damage was avoided by using parry. Now, you use parry to avoid melee damage, dodge for physical ranged and disrupt for magical ranged. Also, now all guard damages benefit from the avoidence strikethrough (from gear/skills, not from stat) that the damage dealer has.
Zputadenti

Sofong

Post#7 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:28 pm

agree, feel useless as bg snb, i have 0 problem tanking with 2h smallscale/sc, but in rvr/city a shield is mandatory, snb bg just have little to offer to grp and least prefered tank.

SmackdownNinja

Post#8 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:36 pm

I agree with this. Like others have said, this change didn't effect SCs/6v6 due to the lack of ranged and the prevalence of melee classes. This change did however make it a lot harder to properly preform your role in an RvR or WB setting. 2h Tanks already forgo the many bonuses of using a shield like block, utility, and HTL. This only makes it that much harder to survive. The HTL change that happened awhile ago also made survivability harder and less reliable due to how the skill functions now. In the end 2h tanks have no reliable way of stacking disrupt/doge, so it makes it very hard to properly and reliably guard your group mates.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Ads
Stophy22

Post#9 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Ysaran wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:13 pm
Stophy22 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:07 pm Can you elaborate a little more I don't think I quite understand it, I just came back to RoR a few days ago and my character has seemed squishier and I was wondering why.
On live (and on RoR, until few month ago) all the guard damage was avoided by using parry. Now, you use parry to avoid melee damage, dodge for physical ranged and disrupt for magical ranged. Also, now all guard damages benefit from the avoidence strikethrough (from gear/skills, not from stat) that the damage dealer has.
I am in agreeance then with the majority here. I think its kinda silly that this ever changed, it would make sense in the long run if certain stats were more obtainable but the only massively different stat in the life of RoR has been armor values going up. I would like it if things returned to the way they were, I don't think guard was over performing and if it was before you kind of have a whole class archetype that rides on the mechanic of guard, saying guard is overperforming would be like saying dps or heals are overperforming. Kudos to the 1 click guard swap though, that's nice instead of having to double click it.

TLDR: Full Support, not happy with how something has worked for x years to just be changed on a whim.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Rapzel

Post#10 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:38 pm

Ysaran wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:13 pm
It's been longer than a few months, it's probably way over a year. My conspiracy theory is that it was implemented when they played around with the 25% guard damage with 2h, as they felt SnB underperformed at that time.