Recent Topics

Ads

AM the undisputed worst healer: A discussion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Arbich
Suspended

Re: AM the undisputed worst healer: A discussion

Post#51 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:19 pm

emiliorv wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:27 pm
looks like some WHs can kill shamans in 1 vs 1 and even can win VS 2 shamans...so if 2 WHs cant kill 1 shaman they really suck hard or very hard
The fight in the cave?
I think they talked about heal shaman. The toughness buff of shaman should work nice against the tactics the WH in the video is running. ;)

Nice video nonetheless.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
navis

Post#52 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:09 pm

AM seems to have too many abilities which are generally weak for general use (e.g. PvP), but in some regards are very good. For example CC options in every tree.
They lack instant heal that is reliable, one that can at least alternate with Funnel Essence because in PvP things happen so fast, no time for casting.
..Unless you happen to have the mechanic bonus in your favor, but that usually doesn't work when, for example, a healer is trying to be a healer in PvP.. Spending GCD on DPS moves is probably not going to work out well unless you happen to have extra time and space to move. That effect is fleeting.
So they have some weak abilities and also have a mechanic which limits the abilities more and doesn't flow well with that archetypes main role.

navis

Post#53 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:28 pm

I'm not sure if they intended Healing Energy to not extend itself like other dot's do since that change to dots. Anyone know about that?

NSKaneda

Post#54 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:26 am

navis wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:09 pm AM seems to have too many abilities which are generally weak for general use (e.g. PvP), but in some regards are very good. For example CC options in every tree.
They lack instant heal that is reliable, one that can at least alternate with Funnel Essence because in PvP things happen so fast, no time for casting.
..Unless you happen to have the mechanic bonus in your favor, but that usually doesn't work when, for example, a healer is trying to be a healer in PvP.. Spending GCD on DPS moves is probably not going to work out well unless you happen to have extra time and space to move. That effect is fleeting.
So they have some weak abilities and also have a mechanic which limits the abilities more and doesn't flow well with that archetypes main role.

You can always use old - pre mechanic rework - shortcut in hot, hot, healing energy, healing energy hot or grp heal or cleansing light and start working the other way with spamming balance essence, heal debuff, ap drain, debuff, rain lord, searing touch and dissipating energies or funnel essence. It just takes soo much longer without reset ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Jaffawer

Post#55 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:27 pm

taquete wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:40 pm Tranquility should count willpower as int, and Force should count int as willpower, so there you have a TRUE hybrid class.
EoV distance should be increased or fixed (maybe add a buffer as the target always gets out of distance since its range is so stupidly low)
And please PLEASE lower Blessing of Isha (AoE heal) cast time, 2,5sec is too damn high.

also its worth noticing that another thing shamans have in favor is its height... AMs are like squishy towers.
Ye... I feel like the range on EoV is way too low. If you are this close to an enemy, you will most likely die, or they run out of range before you manage to cast it and it's just a waste of time.

I'm curious how the devs are gonna address this issue with AM (if they ever gonna). You would think that the squishier healer will have some benefits than those more tanky healers... hah!
Archmage - Ealleas Silverscroll, rr80+
Swordmaster - Eallethril Goldwing, rr60+
White Lion - Koranthir Swiftstrider, WIP

MedV

Post#56 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:43 pm

Jaffawer wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:27 pm
taquete wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:40 pm Tranquility should count willpower as int, and Force should count int as willpower, so there you have a TRUE hybrid class.
EoV distance should be increased or fixed (maybe add a buffer as the target always gets out of distance since its range is so stupidly low)
And please PLEASE lower Blessing of Isha (AoE heal) cast time, 2,5sec is too damn high.

also its worth noticing that another thing shamans have in favor is its height... AMs are like squishy towers.
Ye... I feel like the range on EoV is way too low. If you are this close to an enemy, you will most likely die, or they run out of range before you manage to cast it and it's just a waste of time.

I'm curious how the devs are gonna address this issue with AM (if they ever gonna). You would think that the squishier healer will have some benefits than those more tanky healers... hah!
Nope... the squishiest healer also does the least amount of heals.... Smart
The tankiest healer does the most heals and has most group utility.

They either need to buff AM or Nerf WP/DOK to where they arent just the obvious choice in every situation
The King.

Jaffawer

Post#57 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:49 pm

MedV wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:43 pm
Jaffawer wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:27 pm

Nope... the squishiest healer also does the least amount of heals.... Smart

They either need to buff AM or Nerf WP/DOK to where they arent just the obvious choice in every situation
Yep that pretty much sums up what I meant.
Archmage - Ealleas Silverscroll, rr80+
Swordmaster - Eallethril Goldwing, rr60+
White Lion - Koranthir Swiftstrider, WIP

teiloh

Post#58 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:10 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:09 am I like the mechanic, it's harder to manage than on live, but also feels more useful if done right.
If they add a tactic to switch to use the old mechanic, add maybe a 5% scale per point and consume all points, that would add a whole new play style and since you are giving up 1 tactic slot (which each are crucial to AM imo), it would balance it out more compared to live.

I'd also like to see the Walk Between Worlds, replace the "no setback" with INVISIBILITY!
That would make it more lore friendly and more importantly, make the AM a much less desirable target with a distinct survival style from Shaman, this in turn will let AMs focus on position/mechanic/healing/utility/damage. You'd still be vulnerable to kd -> instant kill if caught out, but would solve the "mobility" issue.
Had an idea to make it a sort of phase shift that would break snares and reduce damage dealt to you, with RBW adding a speed boost on top

Ads
Drednes

Post#59 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:27 pm

AM has a giant natural disadvantage...him looking so weak is a auto focus out of all healers in the game (even by new players)
so on top of low survival he has looks to be focused
they need to make AM bring his own unique thing to the wb and that i feel would fix them (if they dont make it niche ofc and its a wasted rework)
make it so when you are building a wb you think "oh i can us a RP for this or WP for that ORRR a AM for this unique thing hmmm"
not just "oh...no WP/RP tonight...well AM is better than nothing i guess"

balvor877
Suspended

Post#60 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:01 pm

MedV wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:43 pm Nope... the squishiest healer also does the least amount of heals.... Smart
Exactly, it's stupid.

"With greater risk there should be greater power"

.. and the AM has the greatest risk of all healers .. and is the weakest healer ...

It's like playing a slayer and doing tank damage, lol