Recent Topics

Ads

AM the undisputed worst healer: A discussion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ugle

Re: AM the undisputed worst healer: A discussion

Post#91 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:55 pm

Played my AM with full willpower, triple heal set, 1100 willpower, 250 combined heal power, (vanq the highest), yesterday. Mostly scens ofc, the numbers you can get! 5,5k HP, so DONT LOOK AT ME WE's.

Was fun, but ye AM need some buffs. Cba to propose anymore, but I liked the "heal on the move" notion on run between worlds. Would probably be somewhat OP though..

Edit: I changed my mind, AM don't need buffs. (Looks at SW/SH mess)
inactive

Ads
Flon

Post#92 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:49 pm

Maybe devs should ask the mighty Flon for his opinion :)

balvor877
Suspended

Post#93 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:57 pm

Ugle wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:55 pm Edit: I changed my mind, AM don't need buffs. (Looks at SW/SH mess)
Because destro has some broken dps classes you dont wanna give the weakest healer class in the game a buff? Great logic man...

tasos

Post#94 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:59 pm

MedV wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:25 pm You might think to yourself “Hey! AMs aren’t that bad”
Well… Would you rather a WP/RP combo or WP/AM or even RP/AM to which any experienced player will say the former.

You might think AMs get to be the tankiest healer- Well no that would be the WP

You might think AMs get the best group buffs- Well again no… WP get wounds/prayer while RP get stat buff. AMs get a weaker version of a KOTBS aura.

You might think AMs get to have the best AOE heals… Nope that is also WP then RP

You might think AMs get the best ST heals!…. RP again

You might think AMs get a ST Stagger … RP again

You might think AMs get a group HOT or Group Shield… Nope! WP =[

You might think well at least Am/Shammy get to be faster then everyone else… Sorry only shammy

Any sane person by now is asking themselves. “Well why play an AM”
To which I say .. Good question

AMs bring MoM to the group, an amazing ability which can help your party kite entire WBs. It lowers initiative and is great for slowing down funnels.

AMs really aren’t that bad, they just aren’t a better choice than a WP or RP.

There is 2 options to look at to solve this problem.

1. Take some things away from WP and give it to the AM. Whether its the wounds buff or the aoe Shield. This could bring down the WP while bringing up the AM with no direct nerfs to healing in general.

or

2. Lower group heal from 2.5 secs to 2 secs; Make prismatic shield have a 5% chance on being hit to shield target for X dmg and let Ishas encouragement tactic be aoe so it would group cleanse and group hot!

Any ideas open for discussion. Would love some actual ideas to compile for devs to really take a look at … this is hopefully just a jumping point.This was a satirical way to highlight the downfalls of a class, not a complaint. I will continue to play my main (83WP) but have noticed how bad the AM has it while I am leveling one.
instead of removing something from the wp for example why dont you increase your skill lvl cause on destro side i see so many shamans with fury of da green having more healing than the doks and zealots and practise energy of vaul for having even bigger heals in citys and in wbs. Classes are kinda similar to eachother and that means that if the shaman can outheal a dok that also means the am playing properly can outheal the wp give a thought to that.

Bowldancer

Post#95 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:00 pm

balvor877 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:57 pm
Ugle wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:55 pm Edit: I changed my mind, AM don't need buffs. (Looks at SW/SH mess)
you dont wanna give the weakest healer class in the game a buff? Great logic man...
I rather think he is worried what might happen. I get him.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

balvor877
Suspended

Post#96 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:12 pm

tasos wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:59 pm Classes are kinda similar to eachother and that means that if the shaman can outheal a dok that also means the am playing properly can outheal the wp give a thought to that.
No, because dead AMs dont heal so well... Destro have more melees, stronger melees (e.g. Choppa pull, Mara aoe knock down, etc.) and better survivability tools on the shamans which are also smaller and can hide better. Healing AMs have all odds against them.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#97 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:33 pm

balvor877 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:12 pm
tasos wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:59 pm Classes are kinda similar to eachother and that means that if the shaman can outheal a dok that also means the am playing properly can outheal the wp give a thought to that.
No, because dead AMs dont heal so well...
So you never saw an AM outhealing WP? also you are saying that its impossible?

TUP vs FMJ => AM outhealing WPs and doing 2x healing than the destro shaman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUiiXpSSLMw&t=1876s

Review your "facts"

balvor877
Suspended

Post#98 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:15 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:33 pm So you never saw an AM outhealing WP? also you are saying that its impossible?

Review your "facts"
That video proves nothing. Sure AM can heal when they are free and nobody is stomping on them, but that's not the reality. In reality the AM is the first target and the first who goes down. Especially in small scale where you dont have 23 other people around you.

So what do you wanna say? AM did good in a SC where Order dominated? great...

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#99 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:23 pm

balvor877 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:15 pm
emiliorv wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:33 pm So you never saw an AM outhealing WP? also you are saying that its impossible?

Review your "facts"
That video proves nothing. Sure AM can heal when they are free and nobody is stomping on them, but that's not the reality. In reality the AM is the first target and the first who goes down. Especially in small scale where you dont have 23 other people around you.

AM can heal when played by skilled ppl with a proper setup. If you are a yolo playing with randoms will heal for **** and die a lot...

In that vid both are top guilds, still one am managed to outheal wps => made 2x healing than shaman and 2x healing than the other AM...

You can check cimba am vids if need to learn how to play am in small scale.

zumos2

Post#100 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:52 pm

balvor877 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:15 pm That video proves nothing. Sure AM can heal when they are free and nobody is stomping on them, but that's not the reality. In reality the AM is the first target and the first who goes down. Especially in small scale where you dont have 23 other people around you.

Order dominated? Destro had more kills. Saying the video proofs nothing without even looking at it lol.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen