Recent Topics

Ads

Pls fix the gear gap

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Topdude

Pls fix the gear gap

Post#1 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:32 pm

Yes! Just a cry for attention to let the developers of ROR know that I love this game! I've played it since 2 weeks after EA killed WAR.
I respect what you're doing with the development of the game and hope you continue to strive to make it balanced for both realms and players of all experience levels.

peace out.
Last edited by Topdude on Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
mogt

Re: FIX THE GEAR GAP!

Post#2 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:52 pm

all is fine, what is your problem?
the gear gap is fine, new players can get very fast new eqip. and with the bolstersystem , low lvl players can kill sov players, that is possible, the players must just learn to read their skills etc

Sponn
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:15 pm

Honestly I'd rather see something like 2xp from 1-20 but there be a 100% decreased xp for 1-15s (I would assume only 15s would use it).

I would like to people having the option of getting into t4 oRVR sooner, and still retaining the ability to stay in t1 if they like that aspect of the game.

Topdude

Post#4 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:16 pm

mogt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:52 pm all is fine, what is your problem?
the gear gap is fine, new players can get very fast new eqip. and with the bolstersystem , low lvl players can kill sov players, that is possible, the players must just learn to read their skills etc
After just leveling a RP to 36 I disagree. What is so wrong with splitting up the ranks?

Glorian

Post#5 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:18 pm

T2 and T3 Zones were Ghosttowns on Live and were Ghosttowns on RoR. With or without Population.

XsorrowerX

Post#6 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:46 pm

I disagree. They have done a good job combining the tiers to make things populated. They have also made plenty of tweaks in the past few months to help with the gear grind.

If it gets too bad, they are more likely to tweak bolster levels to help the lowbies instead of separating them. If you really want a fight at close to even level, play SCs.

Topdude

Re: all caps are a cry for attention

Post#7 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:13 pm

Wow, thanks to whomever changed the title of my post.
whatever.
You say attention grab, I tire of overpopulation lags and 24 levels of players all mixed together.

brocel

Post#8 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:25 pm

Wow, so disrespectful to change the title...

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:34 pm

brocel wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:25 pm Wow, so disrespectful to change the title...
It's more than this thread deserves.
Dying is no option.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Re

Post#10 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:13 am

Topdude wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:13 pm Wow, thanks to whomever changed the title of my post.
whatever.
You say attention grab, I tire of overpopulation lags and 24 levels of players all mixed together.
Please share constructive feedback. Read previous threads discussing the same topic and refrain from WRITING LIKE THAT!!!! in order to be taken seriously.

Now to give you a quick answer, the gap you're talking about is minimal at the current stage; There have been multiple patches that eased gear progression, which is why such topics are often locked: Your perspective is different from the community because you weren't around or you didn't follow up on the changes.
Someone else will come in a few months, after that you've taken your time in getting the gear, and will ask for gear to be handed out easily.

Lastly, this is an MMORPG. Time investment and progression is part of that genre whether we all like it or not. Otherwise you'd get bored in mid February.