Recent Topics

Ads

Mid-Tier Zone

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Zaccar20

Mid-Tier Zone

Post#1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:34 pm

Hey Guys,

today i'm here with a suggestion about Mid-Tier (t2 and t3) .

Whats the current playstyle of Mid-Tier?

You reach level 16 and now, after beeing mostly usefull, you reach "t4 ".
You are now for (at last 10+ level) a obstacle for your team and also can't doing anything apart public quests solo to change this.
The only thing you can do for rvr ist joining SCs and mostly its just a mess till you leveling up atlast a bit.

What suggestions do you want to tell us?

MId-Tier Zone(s).
I know t2 + t3 are added to t4 becouse there are mostly no/not enough players but you could maybe handle this by just using one Zone for this.
Maybe there could be also a bonus for the Faction (t2 and t3 only - players) that lock the zone (10% rr?) to make it more rewarding playing that zone.
Also its possible to switch the zone hour/day or week wise!
But to tell it clearly: this should only be a bonus objective, t2+ should still anytime be able to fight with everyone else (t2+), this should just be a nice bonus for them to play and learn a bit at there own "playground".

Pro:
+ able to play vs only equal players (or at last no t4 high end players)
+ new players could learn the later "rvr - mecanic" without get stomped all the time.
+ the Zone(s) is more visited/seen (not only for rushing to t4)

Con:
- this option will split the community more, so theres sometimes a lower pop at t4
- there could be still just a fast zone-rush to get the "twink - ep bonus"

What do you think? Would it be a nice Idea or just split the Players to much?

EDIT: This should of corse only effect t2 (or maybe a t3) zone, not any important t4 zone
----------------------------------------
ORDER

Elvo 40/41 WL
Raschweg 36/35
DESTRO

Zaccar 40/50 Zealot
Aeedys 40/63 WE

Ads
Brutinho

Re: Mid-Tier Zone

Post#2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:46 pm

Not sure if it is possible, but they could make a t2 zone (or even all t2 areas) for 16-39 players and adjust bolster to r39. Give it a reset timer after keep and remove from the higher tier content (meaning after city t3 would open up for 40+ players instead of t2)

I would still keep the current bolster on higher tier areas for players 16-39 so they have a choice on where to go.

I don't think it will be done, but enough people are looking for it who knows.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Asherdoom

Post#3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:52 pm

They unified tiers due to lack of ppl. T4 areas with 40 only would look like wastelands. Same applies for t2+ maybe if one day server reach 3k pop can hapoen again

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:28 pm

I love T2 T3 maps and always consider them a true reward for locking a city :)

It'd be cool if they unlocked when corresponding fort has fallen. If one side locked both t2 and t3 then the timer on pairing lock would go down for the defenders and go up if attacking side won and locked both. 1 hour per zone would be fair I suppose. And give x2 zone inf bonus for toons under 39, they need those inf weapons and armour :)

On the plus side it'd give something to do for lower lvl toons and those not getting a spot while thinning the zerg. On the minus it'd favour side with more population.

Nevertheless I'd keep mid tier combined with T4, ghost town T2 and T3 were no fun to level up in.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Zaccar20

Post#5 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:37 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:28 pm I love T2 T3 maps and always consider them a true reward for locking a city :)

It'd be cool if they unlocked when corresponding fort has fallen. If one side locked both t2 and t3 then the timer on pairing lock would go down for the defenders and go up if attacking side won and locked both. 1 hour per zone would be fair I suppose. And give x2 zone inf bonus for toons under 39, they need those inf weapons and armour :)

On the plus side it'd give something to do for lower lvl toons and those not getting a spot while thinning the zerg. On the minus it'd favour side with more population.

Nevertheless I'd keep mid tier combined with T4, ghost town T2 and T3 were no fun to level up in.
Thats true, it was terrible to leveling there wihtout any WB open for your Tier.
But at last i/most t2-t3 just want some ground to be able to fight not against 40/80s with a fresh 16 char,
i guess a lock for 2-3 hours after the zone is done, would be a good option
ORDER

Elvo 40/41 WL
Raschweg 36/35
DESTRO

Zaccar 40/50 Zealot
Aeedys 40/63 WE

Asherdoom

Post#6 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:38 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:28 pm I love T2 T3 maps and always consider them a true reward for locking a city :)

i do not intend to be rude nor bad , i speak only my mind here so please do not consider it a reprieve: everything under invader is pure trash garbage wise. Inf rewards are no more useful since long time,. too many 40 end gme sets separate fresh /under-40 to end game 40s. one thing they could do is double the rr given in t2/3 areas to give an incentive.

NSKaneda

Post#7 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:04 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:38 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:28 pm
Spoiler:
I love T2 T3 maps and always consider them a true reward for locking a city :)

i do not intend to be rude nor bad , i speak only my mind here so please do not consider it a reprieve: everything under invader is pure trash garbage wise. Inf rewards are no more useful since long time,. too many 40 end gme sets separate fresh /under-40 to end game 40s. one thing they could do is double the rr given in t2/3 areas to give an incentive.

It's a matter of perspective: on one side you lvl out of mid tier in a matter of days so investing in expensive stuff or going on long pve runs for purple drops or blue inf reward gear might be overshot - you do want to fight after all and keep xp to rr ratio balanced at best.

On the other my bolstered lvl25 SM has almost the same stats as my lvl40rr47 IB (and he's close to my rr59 BO) - and to keep things interesting I want to equip best weapons I can for my current lvl to keep bolster at max efficiency. Those are usually purple inf rewards or scenario weapons (epic T4 weapons for anni/merc).
However mid tier opens not often enough when you play prime time only and usually locks too fast to build any serious inf going. By the time T2 unlocks again my toons are way in T3. But I still miss those few items that would make me a better asset in T4 warfare.
This doesn't mean ofcourse that I'd be able to go toe to toe with high rr players but at least I wouldn't melt in few seconds and I'd be able to bite back.

When you consider bolster bonus then mayhem set is really great for most classes. Devastator gives good idea of how the class will perform with main spec in the end game. You can experiment with mixes of anni/merc/ruin and with weird stats because you get armour sets so quickly - sometimes however I need that purple weapon to see what would happen if I pushed it a little bit further - then I can repeat it with end game sets and weapons...
Then there is full conqueror which is one of my favourite sets in game for any class! Hell, to get the feeling of fully tweaked full conq rSH with twin anathema and 40% crit back I had to grind full invader - vanquisher or mixes of sets just couldn't cut it.

Last but not least those inf rewards have gear skins that look good with rare 20-29 alt appearances (fashionhammer ftw) but there's no rush there.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Topdude

Post#8 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:06 pm

I fully agree that something needs to be done to separate players that have reached end game and want to continue playing those toons from the 16-39'ers. After having just leveled an alt to 38, it's a dark dark grind and you better be prepared to be mowed over by 40/80's and high level premades. Very discouraging and I worry about it's effect on those that come to ROR with no experience of the game.
Giving those that have reached end game gear a playground of their own and giving a sheltered place for people to level alts makes sense to me. Arguments that server population won't sustain it are getting rather weak IMO. As I remember it, when the devs combined tiers server population averaged around 300-600, these days pop. averages somewhere between 1000-1300. Of which regularly there are 800+ players on the upper tier. I don't understand how dividing that, even in half would result in ghost zones, IF the community supported it by creating alts.
One thing that is sure, this game is almost fully reliant on what how the community plays it. Are we going to end up with a zone for those that play to lvl 15 then start over and the mega-zone of inv/sov biggies bashing heads in a zerg. Or are we going to continue to create and level alts, and provide an atmosphere that attracts people that have never played before and deserve a less intense place to level up and learn how to play their toons?

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#9 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:53 pm

Topdude wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:06 pm Are we going to end up with a zone for those that play to lvl 15 then start over and the mega-zone of inv/sov biggies bashing heads in a zerg. Or are we going to continue to create and level alts, and provide an atmosphere that attracts people that have never played before and deserve a less intense place to level up and learn how to play their toons?
so far you replied to your own question dear sir:
Are we going to end up with a zone for those that play to lvl 15 then start over and the mega-zone of inv/sov biggies bashing heads in a zerg.

Topdude

Post#10 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:08 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:53 pm so far you replied to your own question dear sir:
Are we going to end up with a zone for those that play to lvl 15 then start over and the mega-zone of inv/sov biggies bashing heads in a zerg.
I apologize if I was unclear or repeated myself, posted it early, before coffee.
What I do know is that I'm most likely not going to level another alt for a long time because of the difference in realm pops that exists regularly and the thoughts of facing end game players. I have three toons that are lvl. 40 already, the game is more enjoyable focused on getting any one of those to Inv/Sov at this point.