Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Ranged knock down has to go

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
anarchypark

Re: [SH] Ranged knock down has to go

Post#11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:46 pm

It is to compensate their mid range nerf.
though I think moving shot should gone.
too much synergy with run speed.
this combo eclipses every other escaping moves.

most squishy classes would meet situation their escaping tools on cd.
dangerous moment.
SH often have few more.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Naelar

Post#12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:49 pm

balvor877 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 pm The point is that it has no pre-condition, is low in the skill tree, is ranged, is 3 seconds and is on a ranged dps class with a pet and with plenty other tools.
Sounds a lot like 'Eye Shot'

balvor877
Suspended

Post#13 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:52 pm

deleted
Last edited by balvor877 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asherdoom

Post#14 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 pm

balvor877 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:42 pm Seriously, you have destroyed all solo roaming for Order with that IWIN ability.

There are SHs roaming everywhere and the first hit is always the knock down. When you recover from it you are already half dead. And that on a ranged dps class with pet and tons of escape abilities...

That knock down either needs a pre-condition or the ranged reduced or removed. It is waaaay to powerful on that SH class.
then remove Punt for tanks because is annoying...

Brutinho

Post#15 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 pm

balvor877 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 pm The point is that it has no pre-condition, is low in the skill tree, is ranged, is 3 seconds and is on a ranged dps class with a pet and with plenty other tools.
I think comments are right on topic. You are complaining about a CC which order has access to 2 of them.

The cast on move is due to the mastery the skill is located and because of the shorter range compared to similar CC on the opposing faction.

Yes, it is irritating getting KD from range believe us, as destro players we know. You will have to adapt to the new dangers and be more careful or you will get caught.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

balvor877
Suspended

Post#16 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Brutinho wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 pm
I think comments are right on topic. You are complaining about a CC which order has access to 2 of them.

The cast on move is due to the mastery the skill is located and because of the shorter range compared to similar CC on the opposing faction.

Yes, it is irritating getting KD from range believe us, as destro players we know. You will have to adapt to the new dangers and be more careful or you will get caught.
Destro had already more CC. Like the aoe knock down from the Mara or the pull from the Choppa which can interrupt you multiple times. That KD on the SH is too much and everybody should knows that.

balvor877
Suspended

Post#17 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:07 pm

balvor877 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:07 pm
Brutinho wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 pm

Destro had already more CC. Like the aoe knock down from the Mara or the pull from the Choppa which can interrupt you multiple times. That KD on the SH is too much and everybody should know that.

Aethilmar

Post#18 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 pm

I think SH have too much of a lot of things, but complaining about an ability that is a straight up mirror of an ability on their role mirror class is just silly.

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#19 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:29 pm

SH already gets 2 core KDs one from meatball and the other on the basic squig and now has a 3rd from range and on the move, and technically the basic squig kd can be considered range if you send the pet out first to knock someone down. Other than a few tanks every class that has access to a KD have to spec for it. And I am pretty sure no class gets 2 core KDs. SH has enough CC/escape now that run away is core too.

My vote is to put run away back in the 5 point QS spot and give the ranged KD to the magus :lol: :twisted:
Trismack

vertolet

Post#20 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:34 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 pm I think SH have too much of a lot of things, but complaining about an ability that is a straight up mirror of an ability on their role mirror class is just silly.
Is it a straight up mirror? I thought for the sw you have to stand still while the SH is useable while running?

And no i am sure you need to look at the bigger picture. SH has at least 1 charge, that makes the KD stronger.