Recent Topics

Ads

Give back Fashionhammer

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
kmark101

Re: Give back Fashionhammer

Post#51 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:06 pm

Extremely bad change that needs to go.

Side effect is now dwarf classes received a huge target totem pole to their back that makes it easy for every noob SH to target them from IC. So, this was a hidden SH buff too once again, it never ends!
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
Melekith

Post#52 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:15 pm

If it gives us more performance it is a very good change. RvR wise it is also important to identify enemies by their real armor. It was on live like this, so should it be here!

Grock

Post#53 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:17 pm

No performance boost is worth losing such a big part of the game

Maybe 12 years ago it made some sense, but not today
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

space44

Post#54 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:21 pm

you have to really suck at the game when you rely on what armor the enemy is wearing to identify what it is.

theres other context clues to tell that the enemy could possibly be. 1: the career badge on the player portrait, 2: most careers have different looking abilities and animations, 3: hovering the mouse over a target shows the career in print, ect...
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Kinja

Post#55 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:27 pm

Melekith wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:15 pm If it gives us more performance it is a very good change. RvR wise it is also important to identify enemies by their real armor. It was on live like this, so should it be here!
"It was on live like this, so it should be here" is an awful argument. Mythic also removed Fortress sieges on live because all the competent people left pretty fast and the rest were so bad at their job that they literally couldn't come up with any better idea to alleviate the awful lag and server crashes. They also capped zones at 250 players for the same reasons. The server also has a lot of custom class changes so it's very far from being like on live.

Balance/class change gripes and strife aside the devs here have done a better job in many regards with the game than Mythic ever did post release.

CountTalabecland

Post#56 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:45 pm

Bowldancer wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:39 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:25 pm Slayers are going to be sweating knowing they can't hide their Sov back totem that points to exactly where the well geared pin cushion is...
People are not hiding anything. If I want to see if someone is a threat I look at the nametag.
It was a joke, I know no one cares
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#57 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:49 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:03 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:42 pm We should start a poll

Definitely. Also few words about why this was implemented would be nice. Seems like someone was killed in the lakes by t2 looking toon ;)
While it would be funny to me that abusing a mechanic ended up getting it removed or limited, as I always enjoy watching hubris cause havoc, unfortunately this change was brought on simply by following logic in the client/server packet data. It is very unlikely to be a single thing that causes large scale performance to degrade. The closer we get to client/server harmony, the better it should be.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Elchmaa

Post#58 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:09 pm

#unban fashionhammer

Ads
ScumFM

Post#59 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:14 pm

This is not worth whatever improvements to performance it may bring.

Kragg

Post#60 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:21 pm

JarlBerzirk wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:05 pm Before i comment i just want to say my usual thank you to the devs for all your hard work, but i gotta say, this has to be one of the worst changes you all have done. Your literally made one of the coolest guilds on the server irrelevant (The Bitterstone Thunderers. Yes i know im a destro main but i still think they are badass.) What else is there to do at rr80 plus but fashionhammer? Revert this change asap!!
Thanks! It does feel like a part of our identity is being stripped away.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance