Recent Topics

Ads

Give back Fashionhammer

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Shanell

Re: Give back Fashionhammer

Post#61 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 pm

Warhammer is not about war between forces of destruction and order. We don't care about Karl Franz or chaos gods. We are at war for something way more precious - our looks.
#Fashionhammer
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#62 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:36 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:49 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:03 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:42 pm We should start a poll

Definitely. Also few words about why this was implemented would be nice. Seems like someone was killed in the lakes by t2 looking toon ;)
While it would be funny to me that abusing a mechanic ended up getting it removed or limited, as I always enjoy watching hubris cause havoc, unfortunately this change was brought on simply by following logic in the client/server packet data. It is very unlikely to be a single thing that causes large scale performance to degrade. The closer we get to client/server harmony, the better it should be.

Thank you for your reply. I hope this is just a test to see if large scale performance would improve or if it would have marginal effect latency wise and gets reverted.

I can only hope.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#63 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:41 pm

Performance is rarely a silver bullet solution but rather a thousand cuts that need to be repaired. I don't think anyone expects this to be a dramatic performance shift, nor is that the primary goal, just a potential side effect.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Gerbag

Post#64 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:48 pm

JarlBerzirk wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:05 pm Before i comment i just want to say my usual thank you to the devs for all your hard work, but i gotta say, this has to be one of the worst changes you all have done. Your literally made one of the coolest guilds on the server irrelevant (The Bitterstone Thunderers. Yes i know im a destro main but i still think they are badass.) What else is there to do at rr80 plus but fashionhammer? Revert this change asap!!
Thank you very much for the support (and even more from destro player)

I always wished more destro/order guilds run with guild colours and uniforms. It brings a lot of TRUE Warhammer flavour - which is now removed. I hope that devs think of other solutions - immersion is very big part of the game.

NSKaneda

Post#65 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:54 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:41 pm Performance is rarely a silver bullet solution but rather a thousand cuts that need to be repaired. I don't think anyone expects this to be a dramatic performance shift, nor is that the primary goal, just a potential side effect.

And what would be the primary goal of this change, if you don't mind sharing?
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Loans

Post#66 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:57 pm

+1 to #fashionhammer , it was one of the coolest things I liked about this server compared live

Tiamath

Post#67 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:58 pm

this is chaos work! bring back fashionhammer.
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

kmark101

Post#68 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:10 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:41 pm Performance is rarely a silver bullet solution but rather a thousand cuts that need to be repaired. I don't think anyone expects this to be a dramatic performance shift, nor is that the primary goal, just a potential side effect.

In that case, why don't you just not deploy it until all pieces are ready (in this case the custom appearance component)? It's not like the server is dying and this had to be rushed out asap. (I assume you have a development environment... do you??!)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
Kinja

Post#69 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:50 pm

For what it's worth i did feel a positive effect on performance tonight during the forts. I had almost no fps drops compared to the usual.

Whyumadbro

Post#70 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:55 pm

if it improves the server then its okay imo, but fashionhammer will be missed