Recent Topics

Ads

Engi/Magus suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
chovudal

Engi/Magus suggestion

Post#1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:28 am

My suggestions relates to engi / magus, because both need a little more love. And u all know it ;)
To compensate for the immobility and the associated disadvantages:

Add a max 6 men healdebuff to magnet and rift for 9 sec. Maybe for only 5 sec.
Don't get excited right away, it would match with 6 pulled enemies by magnet and rift and makes the skills and pathes more useful.

Really a healdebuff at all is actually a must have, compared with other dps classes and consider, that st spec does not benefit from it and other specs have no burst damage, in addition u have to be tanky.

A healdebuff given by Blue Horror / Flame Turret would be another possibility.

Seriously both classes need some balancing.

Kind regards
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: Engi/Magus suggestion

Post#2 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:39 am

I don't think Engi lacks love. Of all the classes I play Engi feels alright. WH does not but Engi does. I am perfectly fine with the way Engi is and don't require any tweaks at all! Please do not break Engi!
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

balvor877
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 am

More heal debuffs and CC is the last thing we need and damage seems fine for both.

Snowhawk

Post#4 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:56 am

Magus need a bigger Disc.

And a little bit groupsupport was nice i think.

fabrizio3k

Post#5 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:45 pm

Engi feels pretty balanced. Magus as well. Please do not insist on heal debuffs, some situations are frustrating already especially for order healers

Avelinna

Post#6 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:51 pm

If you want mobility you play SW or SH. Engi and Magus as static classes just need to be ready to move at a moment notice of find a safe spot. Positional awareness is everything with static classes you will still be pulled pounced staggered like everyone else. Just make it more difficult to do any of the above.

chovudal

Post#7 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:20 pm

Because of a lack of burst and lots of dots, which need time to develop its full potential one healdebuff makes more sense than burst dps classes like melees have. (w/o talking about sniper path)
Ofc the healdebuff imo should be a high tinkerer slot, above all any dot can be removed and easily healed. On live server there was the moral with double dps for some secs, so I didnt complain at all, but today, well...sniper is pushed and doesnt match with that moral, but the other pathes could need a push, just because of its stationary mechanic.
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

lyncher12

Post#8 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:52 pm

if anything engineer needs a nerf, to cannon smash.

Ads
jughurta69

Post#9 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:14 pm

chovudal wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:28 am My suggestions relates to engi / magus, because both need a little more love. And u all know it ;)
To compensate for the immobility and the associated disadvantages:

Add a max 6 men healdebuff to magnet and rift for 9 sec. Maybe for only 5 sec.
Don't get excited right away, it would match with 6 pulled enemies by magnet and rift and makes the skills and pathes more useful.

Really a healdebuff at all is actually a must have, compared with other dps classes and consider, that st spec does not benefit from it and other specs have no burst damage, in addition u have to be tanky.

A healdebuff given by Blue Horror / Flame Turret would be another possibility.

Seriously both classes need some balancing.

Kind regards
I think is a joke .... real rr100 on live you see all change for all range ... dont speak is better

Look dps and burst range live vid' . rr 80 here have more 60% damage mini than rr100

normanis

Post#10 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:38 pm

i think most love is exatly engi/magus from t1 from 2014 year when they have 4x stacks and now they have 8x damage stacks. only nerf is that free beer barrell. its youstobe heal evryone now only enginer. that pet tankiness patch or armor debuff i remember snipe 180+feet anyone on sight.
class who need love is order tanks. not order rdps.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"