Recent Topics

Ads

Talabecland Tower

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
warlover

Talabecland Tower

Post#1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:40 am

Could you please allow us to mount in the Tower Bo in Talabecland it is way too slow up and down that thing with supps and fighting, nobody wants to hold that Bo anymore!

Thank you for your consideration ahead of time :)

Ads
Martok

Re: Talabecland Tower

Post#2 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:26 am

I disagree. Verentane's Tower is a great place to fight.

First published back in September of 2020, relevant time stamp about 3:30 in:

Click here to watch on YouTube
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

warlover

Post#3 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:13 pm

Martok wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:26 am I disagree. Verentane's Tower is a great place to fight.

First published back in September of 2020, relevant time stamp about 3:30 in:

And you can still fight with a mount so we both win :)

ashton007

Post#4 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:49 pm

I concur actually. What I don't think is fair, is being kited up those stairs endlessly, while a lion or turret attack/kill you through the walls.

rwknight

Post#5 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:17 pm

ashton007 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:49 pm What I don't think is fair, is being kited up those stairs endlessly, while a lion or turret attack/kill you through the walls.
/END THREAD

RR50+ DESTRO = Zeal / Magus / Chosen / Sham / Choppa / SH / WE / BG / DoK / Sorc
RR50+ ORDER = WP / BW / KoTBS / RP / Engi / IB / AM / WH / SM / WL

★ ★ ★ KNOW YOUR ENEMY ★ ★ ★

Martok

Post#6 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:03 pm

warlover wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:13 pmAnd you can still fight with a mount so we both win :)

No one can actually fight while mounted. My intent in posting my video was the attempt to illustrate fighting and moving around inside Verentane's Tower isn't difficult or time consuming but rather quite intense, and whatever time you believe you might gain by mounting to run the stairs will predominantly be irrelevant.

Here is another example, a second fight inside Verentane's Tower only on this occasion from the Destruction point of view. This is another good video overall but that particular fight begins a little past the seven minute mark.

space44

Post#7 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:13 pm

Martok wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:03 pm
warlover wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:13 pmAnd you can still fight with a mount so we both win :)

No one can actually fight while mounted. My intent in posting my video was the attempt to illustrate fighting and moving around inside Verentane's Tower isn't difficult or time consuming but rather quite intense, and whatever time you believe you might gain by mounting to run the stairs will predominantly be irrelevant.

Here is another example, a second fight inside Verentane's Tower only on this occasion from the Destruction point of view. This is another good video overall but that particular fight begins a little past the seven minute mark.

that fight looks like what took place last night in Talabicland lol. a 12 man held back over 24+ destro while holding that tower. being able to mount up in that tower can be abused to clip through lines of tanks blocking the door, the LoS in that tower is pretty tricky to place aoe at the door when defending so its less likely for the front line offense to be dismounted.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Martok

Post#8 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:21 pm

space44 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:13 pmthat fight looks like what took place last night in Talabicland lol. a 12 man held back over 24+ destro while holding that tower. being able to mount up in that tower can be abused to clip through lines of tanks blocking the door, the LoS in that tower is pretty tricky to place aoe at the door when defending so its less likely for the front line offense to be dismounted.

Verentane's Tower, or as I call it Hotel Oblivion, is a great place to fight. At least in my opinion. I just don't see how being able to mount while inside would be beneficial to anyone. Even if the place is vacant and you are just running supplies how much time would one actually gain?

Ads
space44

Post#9 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:04 pm

Martok wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:21 pm
space44 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:13 pmthat fight looks like what took place last night in Talabicland lol. a 12 man held back over 24+ destro while holding that tower. being able to mount up in that tower can be abused to clip through lines of tanks blocking the door, the LoS in that tower is pretty tricky to place aoe at the door when defending so its less likely for the front line offense to be dismounted.

Verentane's Tower, or as I call it Hotel Oblivion, is a great place to fight. At least in my opinion. I just don't see how being able to mount while inside would be beneficial to anyone. Even if the place is vacant and you are just running supplies how much time would one actually gain?
being mounted makes collision better to navigate through and due to its tough place to get aoe down for defense mounted players can practically run past tank walls. its not about we should be able to stay mounted in that tower while its vacant but more of what if the player exploit the advantage of running through tanks ignoring collision to get deeper inside the defenses.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.