Recent Topics

Ads

Ram masking Oil, Bugtracker

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
amagawd

Ram masking Oil, Bugtracker

Post#1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:59 pm

We had a ticket on the bugtracker yesterday in regards to the ram being placed on top of the oil in order to make it harder to select the target. The ticket got closed and we were redirected to the forums.

My suggestion is to increase the Oil hitbox so that collision works better.

Now in regards to the bugtracker, I had a ticket with 4 kotbs bugs in it and it got closed with the suggestion to create one bug / ticket. I understand the OCD behind it, but bros I reported a bouquet of bugs related to the same topic, it wasn't 4 bugs split all over the place or on different topics, it was related to the same thing: kotbs. I thought it would make your life easier instead of jumping between various bugs, but have it your way.
I have done this multiple times in various companies with various developers on various topics and you can still track your time and actions easily.
But no worries, brace yourselves cuz a number of tickets will be raised now.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

Ads
b00n

Re: Ram masking Oil, Bugtracker

Post#2 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:02 pm

I assume, the ticket your are writing about is: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/18378
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Idrinth
Addon Developer

Post#3 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:14 pm

I can tell you, that every dev and tester I know hates mixed up tickets .D
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

amagawd

Post#4 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:31 pm

Idrinth wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:14 pm I can tell you, that every dev and tester I know hates mixed up tickets .D
I know, and I love them for this. And agree with them. I just tried to summarize 4 similar issues under 1. It's ok, I raised them separately now.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging

NSKaneda

Post#5 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:49 pm

Enlarging oil hit box would make it hard or nearly impossible to target oil team and oil operators. Simply implement dismount (or other form of ram spawning prohibition) in oilroom and there won't be any more rams masking oil ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

b00n

Post#6 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:54 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:49 pm Enlarging oil hit box would make it hard or nearly impossible to target oil team and oil operators. Simply implement dismount (or other form of ram spawning prohibition) in oilroom and there won't be any more rams masking oil ;)
+1
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

amagawd

Post#7 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:10 pm

Or this, yes. Sounds good!
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging

Akalukz

Post#8 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:13 pm

You would think that players doing this would face in game actions. they are intentionally abusing an in game item in a way not intended. Would be the same as terrain exploiters etc.
-= Agony =-

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#9 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:20 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:13 pm You would think that players doing this would face in game actions. they are intentionally abusing an in game item in a way not intended. Would be the same as terrain exploiters etc.

There's a difference between not wearing a uniform or climbing up to a vantage point and squishing big ram thru narrow corridors and tiny doors of oil rooms ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Akalukz

Post#10 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:37 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:20 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:13 pm You would think that players doing this would face in game actions. they are intentionally abusing an in game item in a way not intended. Would be the same as terrain exploiters etc.

There's a difference between not wearing a uniform or climbing up to a vantage point and squishing big ram thru narrow corridors and tiny doors of oil rooms ;)
I think "true" terrain exploiters and people who exploit in game items should face consequences, even if it is character based.
-= Agony =-