Recent Topics

Ads

AM need 160 int tactic

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jusva321

AM need 160 int tactic

Post#1 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:25 pm

you got the 160 wilpower but if you want to be dps it is hard to get the intel why not give them a 160 int tactic ?

Ads
engharat

Re: AM need 160 int tactic

Post#2 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:31 pm

I agree, but then every healer should get the corresponding stat tactic - wp and dok should get the 160 strength one.

balvor877
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:37 pm

AM in general needs an overhaul. It's awful to play... Yeah, you can drain some faces off when the target is solo and without healers, but that's pretty much it.

I dont get why a cloth wearing healer has weaker heals than a medium armored healer. WP really got all the goodies. They designed the AM weaker because it should have dps and heals but in reality you can pretty much do only one thing, either heal or dps, since the mechanic is so bad.

The RP trees are also... were they high when they designed this?

The order side is really missing unique stuff. They mirrored everything to destro and nothing back. There really is not much left.

Id love to see SMs with two swords / dual wield. That would be unique and fun and order has anyway less dual wield classes.

And where is that squig bouncing on order side where the whole screen is shacking? Give that to IB.

Grock

Post#4 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:54 pm

Honestly game woul be better if nobody had these tactics. They are the most boring tactics in the entire game.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

NSKaneda

Post#5 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:00 pm

Spoiler:
AM is a healer class, not dps. If you want +160Int roll BW, Sorc or Magus.

As for "cloth wearing healer has weaker heals than a medium armored healer" - if your lambent aura tics are less than 300 you're doing AM wrong (and with crits those tics can get up to 550 - on basic hot alone). Then again OP wanted +160Int so no wonder the healing is rubbish.

RP trees are fine provided you want more from the game than just spamming ST heal - puddle - group heal (hots are for those pro healers that know the fact that using skills with shiny animations gets you focused and killed).

Dual wield SMs.. Sure, in lore SMs are the dps and WLs are tanks. Don't we all remember the brilliance that was the guardian spec?

-
-
edit: I thought I'd share my lowbie AM, 0/0 high magic, no pots or buffs, not even full genesis.. Is it weaker than "medium armored healer"? Perhaps. Is it weak? Maybe for now but it'll get better with gear - I have my rr8+ shammie to compare to after all. I spec them both the same ;)

Last edited by NSKaneda on Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:18 pm

yes please...lets spoil all those dps healers a bit more... looks like we dont have enough

Sulorie

Post#7 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:48 pm

Breaking news, you need no +160 int tactic to hit int cap.
Dying is no option.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:19 am

No.

You're an off-spec healer. Just like a tank shouldn't get a 160 STR tactic, neither should healers get a 160 INT.

Ads
Telther

Post#9 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:35 am

Or get gud? 970 without it, not even in BiS or +24s, not very hard. Finishing my build I’ll be around 1030-1050

M0rw47h

Post#10 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:38 am

It's not like you can put your renown into +INT, when you got +10% crit tactic?