Recent Topics

Ads

Rebalancing Attributes: A chance for more diversity

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grock

Re: Rebalancing Attributes: A chance for more diversity

Post#41 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:36 pm

total amount of base stats should be the same for everyone, if one race/class has lower Ini they should have higher something else
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Idrinth
Addon Developer

Post#42 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:58 pm

chakzo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:50 pm
Whyumadbro wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:24 pm The ideas are very interesting, but no the the movement speed buff! everything else seems interesting
First that came up in my mind. Never the movement speed buff. Gamebreaking.
We're talking about ~3-4 points here for most people, flee is 40 points, just for a perspective ;) it's a tiny bonus way, way lower than the differences in mount speed
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

Ysaran

Post#43 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:26 am

wachlarz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:04 pm
Ysaran wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:29 pm
wachlarz wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:16 pm
So what point spending a lot rr if i got 30% with rr or 50% dont invest in fs3. Its so big numbers that dont make dif.
About topic, its good idea. But like other write some classes can stack a lot of main stat. So numbers should be balanced.
on my shaman i have FS4 and -20% chance to be critted. i will not negate BW crit chance, but i can basicly ignore any dps that has less than 20% chance to crit. just to make an example: a rr50 slayer/wl in full conqueror, with subj weaps have maybe 24% crit chance.
Slotting FS doesn't help you mitigate damage directli, but makes many enemies less effectivor or even completly ignorable
fs4 cost is bit to high. I think better spend into ini
That's highly debatable. FS4 gives -9% ctbc and cost 15RP. With 15 RP (actually, 10RP+ 5 free RP) you get 3 step of Impetus (+38 initiative). Now, if you use this super cool ctbc calculator (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0), or if you use the raw formula "your ctbc"=[3500/(your ini+35)]%, you can see by testing with some random value that +38 ini reduces your ctbc consistently only if you have very low ini (like 180 or so) and also that +38 ini will never decrese you ctbc by 9%.
The only advantage of Impetus is that you will more likely see stealthed WH/WE
Zputadenti

fabrizio3k

Post#44 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:13 pm

It’s hard to propose stats changes without having the exact formula in which they are applied in game, and even then, remember the formula has already been tweaked around by the original mythic team for years.

That said, looks interesting but it would need some extensive gameplay in its own test server - you cannot deploy these kind of game changing modifications live.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#45 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:39 pm

fabrizio3k wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:13 pm
you cannot deploy these kind of game changing modifications live.
Yes we can, and we do.

Not that we're going to in this case, but don't delude yourself into thinking this isn't a development server first. We will test broken things on the playerbase that can't be effectively tested otherwise.
Everything in this post still applies and is actually what you've signed up for by playing here. viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16391
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Idrinth
Addon Developer

Post#46 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:07 pm

fabrizio3k wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:13 pm It’s hard to propose stats changes without having the exact formula in which they are applied in game, and even then, remember the formula has already been tweaked around by the original mythic team for years.
I left all current ones exactly the same to make sure not to upset the balance too much and supplied the formular for all new effects, what formula do you need?
fabrizio3k wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:13 pmThat said, looks interesting but it would need some extensive gameplay in its own test server - you cannot deploy these kind of game changing modifications live.
I agree it would need some testing, as in deploy and see what happens :)
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#47 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:27 pm

fabrizio3k wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:13 pm looks interesting but it would need some extensive gameplay in its own test server
You mean THIS test server?? LMAO

Noslock

Post#48 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:03 pm

Yes pls 12k hp on my 2h bo with 800 tough are not enough

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Post#49 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:02 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:39 pm
fabrizio3k wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:13 pm
you cannot deploy these kind of game changing modifications live.
Yes we can, and we do.

Not that we're going to in this case, but don't delude yourself into thinking this isn't a development server first. We will test broken things on the playerbase that can't be effectively tested otherwise.
Everything in this post still applies and is actually what you've signed up for by playing here. viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16391
Terms of Use/Service

To begin with: Be our guest. We are happy you are here. :)

- We will try our best to offer you a pleasant experience.
- We will consider any constructive and appropriately constructed feedback.
- We will maintain a neutral position when it comes to realm bias.
- We will provide a high level of communication when game services are impacted, intentional or otherwise.

Kinda sorta conflicts with what is stated in the TOS. Just saying.

Might help to take out the "We will try out best to offer you a pleasant experience."

Bloodmasked

Post#50 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:09 am

Ysaran wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:26 am
wachlarz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:04 pm
Ysaran wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:29 pm
on my shaman i have FS4 and -20% chance to be critted. i will not negate BW crit chance, but i can basicly ignore any dps that has less than 20% chance to crit. just to make an example: a rr50 slayer/wl in full conqueror, with subj weaps have maybe 24% crit chance.
Slotting FS doesn't help you mitigate damage directli, but makes many enemies less effectivor or even completly ignorable
fs4 cost is bit to high. I think better spend into ini
That's highly debatable. FS4 gives -9% ctbc and cost 15RP. With 15 RP (actually, 10RP+ 5 free RP) you get 3 step of Impetus (+38 initiative). Now, if you use this super cool ctbc calculator (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0), or if you use the raw formula "your ctbc"=[3500/(your ini+35)]%, you can see by testing with some random value that +38 ini reduces your ctbc consistently only if you have very low ini (like 180 or so) and also that +38 ini will never decrese you ctbc by 9%.
The only advantage of Impetus is that you will more likely see stealthed WH/WE
Yeah basically the only use for initiative past 230 or so is to make yourself immune to initative debuffs. Im not sure how many classes do that, WH bullet, WP (dps/shield), SM (stat steal), to name a few.