Recent Topics

Ads

WL The Lion - your Guardian

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sundowner

Re: WL The Lion - your Guardian

Post#11 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:18 am

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:06 am if the wl is to recieve such a strong pet ability it should at least give up a little bit of dmg, to keep things balanced
So MSH's git em! should be nerfed as CS was? to keep things balanced

Ads
Neverever

Post#12 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:43 am

Sundowner wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:18 am
Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:06 am if the wl is to recieve such a strong pet ability it should at least give up a little bit of dmg, to keep things balanced
It has been already nerfed. So if that's the balance for you, then you already have it.

Whyumadbro

Post#13 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:43 am

hmmm that a difficult question, i think class balance can only be viewed from the asspect of the mirror class. MSH and WL are no mirrors, i dont know, what would be your idea?

Sundowner

Post#14 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:45 am

Neverever wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:43 am
It has been already nerfed. So if that's the balance for you, then you already have it.
git em! was not nerfed, no? different modificators than CS. I am not talking about tactic.

Neverever

Post#15 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:59 am

Sundowner wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:45 am

git em! was not nerfed, no? different modificators than CS. I am not talking about tactic.
Dude the main burst on Gitem was granted by the tactic you are talking about. The only reason Devs delayed to nerf it was because unlike WL free CS burst it actually required a tactic slot to do equal damage. Now, they nerfed the tactic and so the Gitem in that sense. Order players keep doing the same, asking particular features of certain classes without considering the particular features the class they ask buffs for has. Would you consider giving pack synergy to MSH for instance ? I bet not...
Last edited by Neverever on Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evilspinnre

Post#16 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:04 am

WL is perfect where it is, please don't touch it
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Sundowner

Post#17 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:06 am

Neverever wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:59 am

Dude the main burst on Gitem was granted by the tactic you are talking about. The only reason Dev's delayed to nerf it was because unlike WL free CS burst it actually required a tactic slot to do equal damage. Now, they nerfed the tactic and so the Gitem in that sense.
Again, when CS burst was nerfed (so it didn't scale delivering absurd dmg.), Git em! was not nerfed. tactic made git em! deal even more dmg., since CS and Git em!, as stated in skills descriptions deal almost the same base dmg (difference is insignificant distribution between pet and player), but on top of that, CS has lower dmg modifiers than Git em!.

gandresch

Post#18 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:11 am

Neverever wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:59 am

Dude the main burst on Gitem was granted by the tactic you are talking about. The only reason Dev's delayed to nerf it was because unlike WL free CS burst it actually required a tactic slot to do equal damage. Now, they nerfed the tactic and so the Gitem in that sense. Order players keep doing the same, asking a particular features of certain classes without considering the particular features the class they ask buffs for has. Would you consider giving pack synergy to MSH for instance ?
You should not compare both anyway. Path of Bouncing is the AOE Tree. For an AOE Tree this path still does way to much damage with ST.
It should not do more ST damage than a Marauder in Monstro. But it does, even like a WL. And not to mention with the M1. And that is a problem and is/will get fixed.
Problem is most MSH playing it as ST.

To the topic. I was thinking about this too. Could be very strong and would need testing.
Anyway they should make pounce a core ability and give this or anything unique back to the WL.
Last edited by gandresch on Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
knick

Post#19 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:15 am

dont live in the past guys. WL got some of his teeths pulled out (and i´m not saying this was wrong) WL damage is not superior to WE and MSH anymore like it was on live or in the past. Times have changed but WL stays on the same old ability kit. SH and WE have multiple defensive abilitys reaching from self heal across defensive utility to get out abilitys.

And telling us my suggestion is "op" while destro mirror ability is even stronger is a bit destro biased realm pride statement
Last edited by knick on Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Ruin

Post#20 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:18 am

I was rather thinking, since WL has a Heal ability (Nature's Bond – IMO a bit underwhelming) just for pet, maybe tinker with it a bit, and let it work for WL and Pet?