Recent Topics

Ads

WL The Lion - your Guardian

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
knick

WL The Lion - your Guardian

Post#1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:03 am

Hey all
We have seen a few changes(nerfs) to the WL in the last patches. Therefore fights last longer than the WL is intended to stay. WL was designed to go fast in kill and go out. Specially is the WL missing any abilitys providing defensive attributes. I mean any other mDD have the possibility to spec or use by default a self-heal ability or other defensive styles.
Something the WL is missing in total.

Therefore I would suggest a ability called "Lionpackt". When active your Lion guarding you for 10 sec. While active 50% damage will be split between you and your Lion. 30 seconds cool down. Lion have to be in 45 feet to you. The ability stops when your Lion leaves 45 feet to you or die. This ability don't stack with other guard abilitys.

I think this is a fair tradeoff to the lost offensive strength. Gives the WL a fair defensive style like all other DD have and diversity to the class itself. Its not a 1 button trolololol ability. If the pet dies the WL loose utilities and damage. So it's a decision with deeper impact for the player. Its add a tactical element to the class
Last edited by knick on Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Ads
noronn

Re: WL The Lion - your Guardian

Post#2 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:43 am

Nice 1v1 buff

vanbuinen77

Post#3 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:41 am

Double hp for 10 secs useable every 20.

Thats op man.

Its like having a detaunt that still allows you to deal full damage while it is up
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

knick

Post#4 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:51 am

noronn wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:43 amNice 1v1 buff
game balance dont base on 1vs1. Lucky me huh?

vanbuinen77 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:41 am Double hp for 10 secs useable every 20.

Thats op man.

Its like having a detaunt that still allows you to deal full damage while it is up
which fights last longer than 30 sec so i can use it multiple times? Ah yeah group fights with you know tanks and stuff like this
but you are right op stuff ....

oh you sneaky little git. a passive proc always up with 25% chance.

seriously every melee DPS class have a strong self defence or self heal ability. Some even more than one >.>
my suggestion is a basic idea for a defensive WL ability fitting the class. Values and numbers of course subject to balance and discussion
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

SepticDisaster

Post#5 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:23 am

I actually don’t think that would be unreasonable, and I’m destro.

Evilest

Post#6 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:39 am

knick wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:51 am seriously every melee DPS class have a strong self defence or self heal ability. Some even more than one >.>
my suggestion is a basic idea for a defensive WL ability fitting the class. Values and numbers of course subject to balance and discussion
Guess WEs are ranged now. Also I would like to know what's the getting-in-and-out-fast-like-a-WL key for the WE.

Anyway WL already has superior damage and mobility and can get 6,000+ armor without giving any of that up.

Sundowner

Post#7 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:53 am

Evilest wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:39 am
knick wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:51 am seriously every melee DPS class have a strong self defence or self heal ability. Some even more than one >.>
Guess WEs are ranged now. Also I would like to know what's the getting-in-and-out-fast-like-a-WL key for the WE.

Anyway WL already has superior damage and mobility and can get 6,000+ armor without giving any of that up.
Nah my WL is 9000+ armor killing everyone in 2 gcds, git gud

Neverever

Post#8 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:04 am

knick wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:51 am
noronn wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:43 amNice 1v1 buff
game balance dont base on 1vs1. Lucky me huh?

vanbuinen77 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:41 am Double hp for 10 secs useable every 20.

Thats op man.

which fights last longer than 30 sec so i can use it multiple times? Ah yeah group fights with you know tanks and stuff like this
but you are right op stuff ....

oh you sneaky little git. a passive proc always up with 25% chance.

seriously every melee DPS class have a strong self defence or self heal ability. Some even more than one >.>
Are you asking compensation for tuned down dmg that was obviously OP ? That's rich. WL already has better frontline burst than any of the dps classes. SH loses its pet dmg to have that %50 dmg split with %25 chance. There is a reason it is put on the most useless pet in RVR. What about a condition of getting your pet's dmg reduced by %90 while it is on ?

Ads
normanis

Post#9 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:12 am

Thats op man.

squig eat his pets increase wounds and heal + spam next pet instant. op
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Whyumadbro

Post#10 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:06 am

if the wl is to recieve such a strong pet ability it should at least give up a little bit of dmg, to keep things balanced