Recent Topics

Ads

CITY QUEUE DODGE : new meta

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: CITY QUEUE DODGE : new meta

Post#31 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Jaffawer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:03 pm
Jaffawer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:48 am Im asking why not allow full premades to be matched against pugs?
Why in a mmo a full wb need to be throwed to the end of the queue to make "random pugs" have a easier encounter?

if one side field 4 full wbs and other side 10 full wbs => you feel that those 6 with no mirror need to be punished for form a wb?

If you enter into a endgame pve instance with "a bunch of random pugs" (mostly rdps) you expect to sucess?

why you expect to sucess in a endgame pvp instance fielding a stupid comp team?
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but you ask the wrong questions. It's not about having easier encounters or expectations of success as a random pug. It's about giving both sides somewhat equal chances of winning. A random pug should be matched against another random pug, because this way both sides are on a relatively even playing ground (cooperation and composition wise). If you match pug with a premade wb, there is almost no chance of winning for the pug (even though from my own experience you can with against will premade with a good pug. This is really rare though).

Not to mention that is ruins the game experience, and the premade wb gets pretty much a free win farm with no effort - another imbalance. And if a full premade can't get in because there is no will premade mirror... though luck, these things happen. That's no reason to match them against random pugs, ruin both side's game experience and reward this with free loot farm.
Well you didnt manage to answer any question...you didnt because the answer is so ridiculous that you really dont want to say it...
YES you want a easier encounter, for that you are asking to face another yolopuggers and avoid completely the option to face competent oponents.
NO really you dont expect to sucess going into a PVE dungeon with 1wh+1sw+3 engis+1dps AM because its stupid expect to compete in any kind of content with that kind of setup...but still (somewhat) you want to join endgame pvp content with comps like that and have any kind of sucess..

Both sides have equal chances to win, its a 24 vs 24 instance => both have equal chances to form teams, where is the imbalance?. what you are pretending is that "any random pug" have the same chances to win that a formed 24 man, when solopugger have made cero effort to increase their chances to win and a full wb have made all the what its in his hand to maximice their chances to win => different effort for same chances to win?? you really think that its balanced?

Jaffawer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:03 pm Not to mention that is ruins the game experience, and the premade wb gets pretty much a free win farm with no effort - another imbalance. And if a full premade can't get in because there is no will premade mirror... though luck, these things happen. That's no reason to match them against random pugs, ruin both side's game experience and reward this with free loot farm.
if you think that form and lead a full wb its "no effort" probably its the reason why you are pugger...well, there is a effort behind to form and lead a wb and that effort needs to have a reward => the reward its increase the chances to win.

I see, for you its ok to punish 6 full wbs letting them out of city to cater soloplayers => really you deserve being farmed, with that mentality dont worth anything better.

Ads
Rapzel

Post#32 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:39 pm

andy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:48 am What do you exactly mean by dodging the que? How does someone dodge a que? And what would be the reason for it?
EL NO SABE....

Order WBs wait with queue until the first instances have started to dodge premade wbs and let the pugs take the hit.
As there is more people queuing on Destro than on Order, Destro needs to queue instantly to have even a remote chance of getting a pop while order can wait until the last min.
Reason? Royal crests, being able to brag that you won your instance?
Why do you think there is 1-2 instances the first 15 mins and then at 10 mins they start popping like Poppy's newest pop single?

Jaffawer

Post#33 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:39 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:27 pm Well you didnt manage to answer any question...you didnt because the answer is so ridiculous that you really dont want to say it...
YES you want a easier encounter, for that you are asking to face another yolopuggers and avoid completely the option to face competent oponents.
NO really you dont expect to sucess going into a PVE dungeon with 1wh+1sw+3 engis+1dps AM because its stupid expect to compete in any kind of content with that kind of setup...but still (somewhat) you want to join endgame pvp content with comps like that and have any kind of sucess..
You really make no sense, plus contradicting yourself.

I don't want an easier encounter, I want a balanced encounter. You keep saying that "I want an easier encounter" yet claim that grouping a full premade against a random pug is ok? Even though that makes the entire scenatio super easy for the premade wb because they are trashing pugs? Now who is the one who wants to have an easy encounters huh?
Putting a bunch of random people agains another bunch of random people does not make the encounter easy? What is so hard for you to understand? Both sides face the same disadvantages and advantages = that is balance.

Btw, just to let you know, random pug does not always mean bad class setup. You can have super meta setup as pug and still be trashed by well coordinated and outgeared premade warband that play witheachother all the time. You again use a nonsensical argument to prove nothing.
Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:27 pm Both sides have equal chances to win, its a 24 vs 24 instance => both have equal chances to form teams, where is the imbalance?. what you are pretending is that "any random pug" have the same chances to win that a formed 24 man, when solopugger have made cero effort to increase their chances to win and a full wb have made all the what its in his hand to maximice their chances to win => different effort for same chances to win?? you really think that its balanced?
Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:27 pm if you think that form and lead a full wb its "no effort" probably its the reason why you are pugger...well, there is a effort behind to form and lead a wb and that effort needs to have a reward => the reward its increase the chances to win.

I see, for you its ok to punish 6 full wbs letting them out of city to cater soloplayers => really you deserve being farmed, with that mentality dont worth anything better.
You indeed are clueless and there is no point arguing with you if you can't see the issue here.

EDIT: Just to simplify it for you even further, I am not talking about randoms who band together in a warband. These are just as pugs as those who go in solo (Pug = pick up group). I am talking about pugs in general being trashed by (actual) full premades (people who play with each other - most likely a guildmates).
Last edited by Jaffawer on Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archmage - Ealleas Silverscroll, rr80+
Swordmaster - Eallethril Goldwing, rr60+
White Lion - Koranthir Swiftstrider, WIP

Ekundu01

Post#34 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:43 pm

Jaffawer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:39 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:27 pm Well you didnt manage to answer any question...you didnt because the answer is so ridiculous that you really dont want to say it...

I don't want an easier encounter, I want a balanced encounter. You keep saying that "I want an easier encounter" yet claim that grouping a full premade against a random pug is ok? Even though that makes the entire scenatio super easy for the premade wb because they are trashing pugs? Now who is the one who wants to have an easy encounters huh?
Putting a bunch of random people agains another bunch of random people does not make the encounter easy? What is so hard for you to understand? Both sides face the same disadvantages and advantages = that is balance.

Btw, just to let you know, random pug does not always mean bad class setup. You can have super meta setup as pug and still be trashed by well coordinated and outgeared premade warband that play witheachother all the time. You again use a nonsensical argument to prove nothing.
Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:27 pm Both sides have equal chances to win, its a 24 vs 24 instance => both have equal chances to form teams, where is the imbalance?. what you are pretending is that "any random pug" have the same chances to win that a formed 24 man, when solopugger have made cero effort to increase their chances to win and a full wb have made all the what its in his hand to maximice their chances to win => different effort for same chances to win?? you really think that its balanced?
Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:27 pm if you think that form and lead a full wb its "no effort" probably its the reason why you are pugger...well, there is a effort behind to form and lead a wb and that effort needs to have a reward => the reward its increase the chances to win.

You indeed are clueless and there is no point arguing with you if you can't see the issue here.
You quoted me and i wrote none of that lol
Trismack

lyncher12

Post#35 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:47 pm

its not a new meta and its not exactly a secret people will do this. it also makes sense. ez win= more royals and who wouldnt want that? tbh id rather have the 20 minute pug stomp then some trash warband on the other side wasting my time, drawing it out even though they have 10 kills to my 300.

VindicoAtrum

Post#36 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:02 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:47 pm its not a new meta and its not exactly a secret people will do this. it also makes sense. ez win= more royals and who wouldnt want that? tbh id rather have the 20 minute pug stomp then some trash warband on the other side wasting my time, drawing it out even though they have 10 kills to my 300.
So now we've all acknowledged it, let's have a 15 minute queue 'slot' after the 10 mins prep, and then 15 mins of matching instances. No queuing during matching, problem solved.

Now we have a good queuing system, and a good matching system!

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#37 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:11 pm

Jaffawer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:39 pm

EDIT: Just to simplify it for you even further, I am not talking about randoms who band together in a warband. These are just as pugs as those who go in solo (Pug = pick up group). I am talking about pugs in general being trashed by (actual) full premades (people who play with each other - most likely a guildmates).
mate im done with you, if you cant manage to quote properly even fail with basic reading understanding....i dont expect you understand anything what i wrote.

Keep pugging with your AM, and keep being FARMED by premades because your own realmates dodge the queue. Enjoy your puglife.

Ramlaen

Post#38 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:20 pm

TreefAM wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:04 am Its obvious that certain order guilds don't really want to have fights and that's alright.
Let them get the solo pugs in the last instances it's not like it will matter if they're in sov or not lol
Aww someone wants to fight 12 mans with full 24 premades :3
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ads
Reaping

Post#39 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:57 pm

Isnt it strange a few of the “top” destro guilds push city on there order guilds and then log back to destro to farm pugs and complain, but if they stayed on order they would get the fights they want? Think theres more dodging between city hopping guilds tbh

Martok

Post#40 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:58 pm

Rapzel wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:39 pmWhy do you think there is 1-2 instances the first 15 mins and then at 10 mins they start popping like Poppy's newest pop single?

Who the hell is Poppy?
Blame It On My ADD Baby...