Recent Topics

Ads

[Open RvR] Zones proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Asherdoom

[Open RvR] Zones proposal

Post#1 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:15 am

I saaw that lately the meta is "bait to easy afk lock another zone". now i could undersstand this approach in a pve game. But warhammer being rvr based make this system totally silly: people get bored and avoid rvr or simply afk.
My proposal is:
-BO are essential but we are not an amazon courier simulator. remove creates and let bo slowly upgrade fortress little by little (you need mayority of bo to start pumping points in your fortress)
-ram can spawn at 2 stars still as for now, but please make it visible only to your faction.

- OPEN ONE ZONE PER TIER, not all together: many times people jump from one zone to the other to avoid rvr. thehell man this is a RVR game. Right now is just a order lose a zone>destro follow in next>take 3 creates and chase order till one side grow bored or spawn a ram. This is NOT entertaining. this is Amazon afk deliverer simulator.

- Give RR a boost: many low level take ETERNITY to level up if they deicde to make RVR. i checked with my choppa alt (level 26) and got 2k experience for locking praag today AFTER 3 hours i was playing there between delivering resources and killing some order around. 2k...

- Concerning citadels... this would solve the issue of people doing like yesterday: baiting order giving them a free citadel to swap to the other.

Good gaming hoping someone will agree with me.

Ads
TreefAM

Re: [Open RvR] Zones proposal

Post#2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:16 am

Yeah just concentrate the zerg in a single zone lol
Solo pug suggestions are the best

Asherdoom

Post#3 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:56 am

TreefAM wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:16 am Yeah just concentrate the zerg in a single zone lol
Solo pug suggestions are the best
personally i play with some of my friends in the evening and seeing a zone depopulate because order lose a ram and swap another area or some Xrealmer bait is no better

Kinja

Post#4 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:21 pm

Sorry but those suggestions almost all heavily favor the zerging faction which is just a bad idea. It would lead to even more Order domination on NA and Destro domination on EU.

If points automatically deliver supplies to the keep and you need to hold the majority it just favors the zerg because they can cover more ground and it will just lead to easy keep takes because defenders have no chance to upgrade their keep.

If it's all concentrated into one zone again it heavily favors the zerging faction because they can just overwhelm the defenders. We had a hilarious moment last year when only Reikland was open and there were like 700+ destro in the zone vs ~300 order. There's just nothing you can do in a situation like that. While the numbers aren't like that anymore(since so many quit) it's still a very bad idea to concentrate all t2-4 pop in one spot.

I think you meant XP on your last point. I agree on this one. It's glacially slow to level through RvR when there's no XP even going on and i think it's kinda pointless to have slow leveling in a game as heavily geared towards endgame. It made more sense for leveling to be slower on retail since you actually had T2 and T3 but here you're fighting lvl 40s as soon as you hit 16. While the bolstering makes you feel really strong until around lvl 32-33 beyond that it becomes a slog to max level as the bolstering gets weaker and weaker.

mogt

Post#5 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:29 pm

hello,

this idea is very bad, the players must learn to split for multiple attacks in the other open zones, if the players dont do that and they zerging in one zone, that is a playerbase problem and not from the system. the system is fine, how it works. the players are the big problem, that they want just zerging.

as example, 1 wb attack a keeü in a zone, and just a few enemys are there, then it is the problem from the enemys, if they dont come to help. the goal is locking zone until enemy city

Caduceus

Post#6 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:32 pm

While I am not sure if I agree with the practical solutions presented in the OP, I do think players need to be incentivized more to engage with each other.

Especially when fights are close and zones aren't being pushed, people tend to leave. Yet, aren't close fights and tooth-and-nail defenses the type of thing we like to see more often in RvR?

The cause is easily identified: the reward system of RoR is mostly linked to flipping zones and not to fighting the enemy.

Based on intuition one would expect these two are fundamentally linked, but since the defending side has no real reason to defend, and often chooses to give up ("throw") or xrealm, they are not.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Asherdoom

Post#7 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:48 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:32 pm While I am not sure if I agree with the practical solutions presented in the OP, I do think players need to be incentivized more to engage with each other.

Especially when fights are close and zones aren't being pushed, people tend to leave. Yet, aren't close fights and tooth-and-nail defenses the type of thing we like to see more often in RvR?

The cause is easily identified: the reward system of RoR is mostly linked to flipping zones and not to fighting the enemy.

Based on intuition one would expect these two are fundamentally linked, but since the defending side has no real reason to defend, and often chooses to give up ("throw") or xrealm, they are not.
that is my point

soldude

Post#8 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:03 pm

return of supplies online.

Ads
Noslock

Post#9 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:24 pm

No tx we dont need renown boost.Compared to the begin of the game now you get freenown so easy that you can go from rr40 to 60 in like 1 week if you pick some zone with aao.Unless you play a class that is unable to do anything alone and play it alone you should not have any issue gettin renown. If new players wants the ranks they have to earn em like everyone did.Plus the fact of having multiple zone active can be used as a tactic to split enemy forces but ofc people like it easymode pve gates with no defence or turtle inside the keep and wait nowadays.And btw if u want fast renown invest some gold in oil and drop it at the right time.

boomcat
Suspended

Post#10 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:39 pm

Noslock wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:24 pm No tx we dont need renown boost.Compared to the begin of the game now you get freenown so easy that you can go from rr40 to 60 in like 1 week if you pick some zone with aao.Unless you play a class that is unable to do anything alone and play it alone you should not have any issue gettin renown. If new players wants the ranks they have to earn em like everyone did.Plus the fact of having multiple zone active can be used as a tactic to split enemy forces but ofc people like it easymode pve gates with no defence or turtle inside the keep and wait nowadays.And btw if u want fast renown invest some gold in oil and drop it at the right time.
i dont think hes talking about RR lvls but CR lvls.
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen