Recent Topics

Ads

Wp 2h DPS the worst class in the game?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Which changes would you preffer?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:13 pm

Bludgeon change 50% haste on hit.(free tactic slot)
23%
Rework Guilty soul
46%
Rework grace abilities for 2h dps.(strike throught, or ap drain to rf)
31%
Total votes: 26

Sulorie

Re: Wp 2h DPS the worst class in the game?

Post#21 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:43 am

Not all specs have to be viable in every encounter. What matters is, that all classes are viable with at least one spec.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Drednes

Post#22 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:44 am

dps healers can get **** they are already mutants of creation (tanky and hit semi hard and have sustain) we dont need the WP or DoK dps survivability being higher

Whyumadbro

Post#23 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:18 am

The 2h Warrior priest is a very iconic Figure in the Warhammer World. It is true that some People are ably to dish out some hard numbers in city but a slight buff of guilty soul or at least a little rework could do some help. Maybe after the patch of the second arena season we will se some improvements to the classes.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#24 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:44 pm

yoluigi wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:13 pm Pretty much what people roll the class say is : "I'm having a hard time making my 2h work right"

RULES dont talk about how your good with your dps dok and how you would play wp dps they have a lot of different abilities and atm dok dps is very good where it is.
I will write a few things why bellow, but we already know them been said a million times . No stupid argument please.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's examine why is that.

Why does WP 2h perform poorly or average? (Dok share some stuff but have something to work around it for utility etc)

1.Don't aoe dps better than other aoe melee class. Even if I spam smite and put Sigmar shield on my self am not gona out dps other slayer and the gameplay is extremely boring)
But atm that is the only way to play the class. As for dok they can do the same but a bit less dps but they have their 50% anti heal on critt on any abilities soo its better in group utility than a small dot extra dmg)
-Sigmar shield in an other case is useless unless your against a wb spaming smite it just drains your RF. Sigmar shield is super good for grace shield but useless overall for 2h dps. Cant self heal if RF is to 0

2. It's not better single target than melee class (WL,WH etc) (similar to dok)

3.Don't have the mobility as other dps class.(same as dok)
4. Not as good for solo roaming as other hybrid class that has ap drain (shamans, Archmage, Dok dps) Why dok? See below

5.Not alot utility for groups (aura tactic can be acquired as healer wp) Dok have better aura.(slow aura)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comparing Dok DPS (why dps Dok perform better than Wp 2h)

-They have better Resource management ( ap drain Pillage essence, even Devour essence compare to Sigmar Shield) meaning more abilities can be use, so more dps and survivability in the long run.
-They have 10% passive parry buff (dual wield) With -10% parry debuff help a lot on strike-through.(warding strike) ( more single target dps efficient also help team dps the target)

But WP got 10% block and an extra 10 parry strike-throught on 2h right? Well right now it's been bugged for 5month (github) Soo no.

-Better tap heal builds .(with Empowered Transfer extremely tanky) Devour essence been usefull compare to Sigmar shield.
-More tanky overall With more tactics option. (not stuck with the same 4 tactics)
-Better utility aura having something that give slow 20% is very good when chasing a group running for only 25 less dmg.
-They have better build for duo's (give action points to the defensive target, better debuff on enemies)
-Duel weild meaning faster attacks more chance to proc aura,abilities, weapon proc= more dps + passive 10 parry buff

+Having 2 extra abilities been usefull pillage essence and sanguinary and alot of spells works with cripple making it more room for strategy than just having a 40% slow.

Solution?

1.Biggest fix would be to have an extra tactic slot. The only way i can see it is bludgeon proc 50% haste. Unless we fuse tactics but i dont think that would work.
(Would free to have tactics that give more RF soo better management of resource)

2.Surivability Only way i can see this is changing Guilty soul to also drain health but that would not fix the problem with managing resource soo the obove statement would be better.

3.Lack of strike-throught, there could be many option here like sigmar shield for 2h proc better strikethrought on the target but the heal only proc every 1-2 seconds. (like that would not ruin our RF resource draining it to the toilet. Or somekind of Ap drain to RF to help managing resource.

You could say hey AM is the less good healer in wb yes that is true but they are the best class for solo roaming.
What about 2h WP what they are good at. Well before they were extremely tanky with Sigmar radiance but now its just for shield.

So the question is " Why the f?&* play this class?" Right now better off playing grace shield unless someday it gets some change.
You can vote for the change you think would be more interesting to see but i dont think will be any change obviously this spec never been tested on at the endgame gear.
(Great for leveling for after r40 goodluck)

Dont tell me that "the game is balance around 24man" Well a SM can out dps me in city and out heal me and that is just one example there really no reason to bring a 2h wp competitively. Unless you know the guy and he get an invite.
Right now and we all know it order need more melee front line and making that spec viable would make balancing order better. (too many roll ranged)

The vote will be only open for 30 days.
TL; DR - "doesn't X and Y like a true DPS class."

Perhaps because you're not? Do you expect DPS tanks to do as well as DPS classes, too?

ashton007

Post#25 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:52 pm

I think the only thing on wp that needs work is their ST. Maybe an ap drain too to compensate the high spending and low ap regen nature. I think the best way to do this would be to allow guilty soul 20% dmg component to work on auto attacks. But also i agree that the AA haste should just be baseline because of us being 2h naturally... I would prefer to run a more useful/interesting tactic in its place.

penagos22

Post#26 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:46 pm

maybe a shield based on GS damage and damage to be applied instantly .

Szeff

Post#27 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:35 pm

Oglaf wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:44 pm

TL; DR - "doesn't X and Y like a true DPS class."

Perhaps because you're not? Do you expect DPS tanks to do as well as DPS classes, too?
If they take Focused Offense and build for it, they should be able to come close. It's like you just ignore everything in the build except the fact that they are not specced to heal or defend you. Wrath WP "healing" ability is basically for themselves and is their only defensive utility. Why should their damage not be comparable to a DPS when they give up their ability to effectively heal others? Saying their only sustain with their self-heals means they deserve no damage is like saying every "pure" DPS class should have their defenses removed as well.

sharpblader

Post#28 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:00 am

Szeff wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:35 pm If they take Focused Offense and build for it, they should be able to come close.
Don't think a tank with 15% damage boost at the cost of having the same armour as a mdps and speccing full offensive will ever come close to a mdps class at the same gear level.

Ads
space44

Post#29 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:07 pm

0.1% of the WP playerbase voted for that poll.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

penagos22

Post#30 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:28 pm

space44 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:07 pm 0.1% of the WP playerbase voted for that poll.
because all of them are healersXDDDD