Recent Topics

Ads

Remove/Change Defense Bag Roll

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
b00n

Remove/Change Defense Bag Roll

Post#1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:06 pm

Hello guys,

when Defense Bag Rolls for Keep Defense have been introduced, i was super hilarious about it. But i never thought of people going to abuse the system.

I suggest to stricten the rules for a Keep Defense Bag Roll, or either remove the Defense Bag Roll at all.

in short, How they "abuse":
- Wait in keep or Warcamp until a Siege begins, Let the other faction take outer down, now the show starts, all jump on ram and start the actual defense.

This has happened a lot of times.
What i disklike about it:
- People don't fight on the field, just let the other faction take all bos, rank to 2* and afk in keep.
- If a Keep is sieged, people throw away their current plan of attack (For example start a siege), to get that defender Bag.

What has to be kept in mind:
- For the Attacking side the bag roll for taking the zone is already covering their Reward

This is not a blame on sides, this is more a certain try to get rvr more attrative, instead of "abusing" the system for maximum rolls.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Ads
Aethilmar

Re: Remove/Change Defense Bag Roll

Post#2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:16 pm

What you describe above isn't really abuse. The more explicit form of abuse is folks on defense encouraging other defenders to not take out the ram when they could but instead let them bring down outer before wiping the attacking force.

BUT some savvy commanders have started using that against folks by taking advantage of the fact that defenders will let an undermanned attacking force pound on the door as though they are going to bring it down (and give a bag roll) but then stop around 4-10% and leave the zone.

So, on balance I think the emergent game play around the mechanic is still evolving and probably doesn't have to be addressed just yet. YMMV of course.

b00n

Post#3 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:47 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:16 pm What you describe above isn't really abuse. The more explicit form of abuse is folks on defense encouraging other defenders to not take out the ram when they could but instead let them bring down outer before wiping the attacking force.

BUT some savvy commanders have started using that against folks by taking advantage of the fact that defenders will let an undermanned attacking force pound on the door as though they are going to bring it down (and give a bag roll) but then stop around 4-10% and leave the zone.

So, on balance I think the emergent game play around the mechanic is still evolving and probably doesn't have to be addressed just yet. YMMV of course.
yes abuse is maybe a too hard to describe it, i tried to soften it via "", but you are totally right. I'm actuall pro defense bag rolls, but i try to describe the somehow advanced mentality, to stay lazy and do nothing, because the enemy will bring the bags to you. And again this is exaggeratedly written.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Kpi

Post#4 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:09 pm

In RVR:
-You are a defender and you win? Roll bag
-You are a defender and you lose? Roll bag
-You are an attacker and you win? Roll bag
-You are an attacker and you lose? No roll bag

Now, you don't have any motivation to attacks. Is easiest only defense play style. Follow the Zerg and win a bag.

Some ideas for improve this
-If you defend a keep, don't won a roll bag, instead won a bonus for roll when zone is closed.
-If you are near when ram are spawned, outter/inner door break and lord fall, you have a bonus to roll when zone is closed

It is very very bored stay 3 hours without any siege, because order and destro don't want spawn a ram because the enemy can won a roll bag if they defend the keep
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+