Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Ranged knock down has to go

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: [SW] Ranged knock down has to go

Post#21 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:51 am

adapter wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:59 am Seriously, you have destroyed all solo roaming for Destruction with that I WIN ability.

There are SWs roaming and playing everywhere and the first hit is always the knock down. When you recover from it you are already half dead. And that on a ranged dps class with tons dots and escape abilities...

That knock down either needs a pre-condition, reduce kd time or the ranged reduced or removed. It is waaaay to powerful on that SW class.
Its pretty obvious that need to be toned down...its a very long range stun on a class with high ranged dps and able to kite.

Since run away tactic is nerfed its more easy to catch destro main kiters, so the tools to catch them need to be adjusted too. Also devs noticed how powerfull its a 3 sec RKD so they decided to reduce the duration to 2 secs, cant understand how SW remain in 3 secs when have higher range/less CD/best utility (ini debuff).
Last edited by emiliorv on Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#22 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:53 am

Caduceus wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:34 am
titaniummushroom wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:04 am

1) All RKDs are stupid (in my opinion).

How else are you going to catch kiters?

RKDs are not OP, they are a crucial.
You mean that SW cant kite?? how you cath a kiter with access to a 100ft/3sec stun?

Farrul

Post#23 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:53 am

titaniummushroom wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:04 am Having said that, I'll share some thoughts.

2) In the original game SW had rkd, not SH, yet here both have it.
3) In my opinion, SH and SW should lose rkd and SW should get something in return.
In my opinion, RKD was always fine on the SW. SH however doesn't need it and got other tools(too many at this moment, thus overtuned)

With this trend of giving order mirror stuff to destro SW imho is the one that should be getting an equvialent to Shrapnel arrer(range reduce).

licenje

Post#24 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:56 am

Farrul wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:53 am
titaniummushroom wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:04 am Having said that, I'll share some thoughts.

3) In my opinion, SH and SW should lose rkd and SW should get something in return.
In my opinion, RKD was always fine on the SW. SH however doesn't need it and got other tools(too many at this moment, thus overtuned)

With this trend of giving order mirror stuff to destro SW imho is the one that should be getting an equvialent to Shrapnel arrer(range reduce).
Glass arrow- SW had it got changed to buff... but was at 9 points in tree if i remember

sharpblader

Post#25 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:01 pm

Sundowner wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:49 am
detrap wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:30 am
Sundowner wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:42 am

That detaunt tactic is really hilarious tho, on order kotbs has it, tank with lowest dmg in the whole game, on destro BG with good st damage, spammable outgoing HD and other tools to fight effectively against casters and healers. Having this skill on BG is very coherent it goes both with class identity (i.e. what he is supposed to do according to initial design) and how is synergizes with BGs other skills. On kotbs it is just thrown without any consideration of what effect it will have. Don't get me wrong I know this tactic is very niche, but on BG it can be used, while on kotbs it makes no sense.

Why are you even comparing the BG to the knight? The entire warband/realm does more damage with a knight around compared to a BG.
I am comparing tactic implementation, not knight and bg. Because BG can use this tactic, which synergizes well with good dmg and debuffs, while knight has no use of this tactic, because low st dmg it can't use it effectively. Hence, adding this tactic to the knight was meh.
Don't bother mate. Whenever they see the word knight on the forum the first and only thing he says is "knight group utility duh" on repeat.

Anyway, this is a troll post just have a nice laugh :)

Farrul

Post#26 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:04 pm

licenje wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:56 am
Glass arrow- SW had it got changed to buff... but was at 9 points in tree if i remember
Yes i think that's correct, point is SH got other stuff that SW doesn't have... he(or it? :) ) doesn't need a KD like SW.

Likeaboss

Post#27 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:16 pm

Arthem wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:45 am SW only range class that can aoe detaunt. Omegalul. Seriously guys this class needs to be fixed asp
Now i can come arround the corner with the same shitty argument, destro warriors brouth up 15'000 times in WW thread

Here it comes: "He has to waste Tactic slot"
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Gurf

Post#28 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:45 pm

They already nerfed pounce, which was the main counter to Run Away.

The main difference between SW and SH (as everyone in this thread knows) SH gets more abilities and tools to survive than the SW does, which is why you see twice as many SH roaming solo than SW. When SW gets things like Run Away snare and speed boost base ability, 1600 self heal, WL gets an equivalent to SH M1 and Squig Frenzy, and Order gets an aoe knockdown we can start having a serious conversation around this.

But I am in favour of BW having their ranged KD removed, because a caster with that much damage shouldn't have one, a class like SW with less escape and survivability tools than the SH that is another story.

Ads
havartii

Post#29 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:50 pm

titaniummushroom wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:04 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:28 am
Likeaboss wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:30 am
Btw, this skill is ingame since.. 2008?2009? and 12 years later you come up with "you destroyed solo roam with this ability...
Did you just solo roam for the first time? or did you get killed by a SW yesterday?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it feels like a Trollpost, when you argue about SW ranged knockdown, short time after SH has got ranged knockdown aswell, and your post doesnt loose a word on this...

So you want RKD on SW removed but SH can keep it? Just to understand your intentions..

Since everyone tells that this game is not balanced on 1v1 i personally don't see the problem when 1 of a 24 man WB get knocked for 3s..
You might not be aware, that the post is almost a 1:1 copy of the latest SH whine thread - most likely for trolling reasons. Now I guess you are aware of it.
This guy gets it.

After reading 5 words I realized this was a total troll post and basically a verbatim complaint of the SH thread. Having said that, I'll share some thoughts.

One of the most asinine things about this server goes something like this (and somehow almost always revolves around SH).

Take white lion for example. In the original game WL has pounce. Cool. Yet on this server, WL has pounce. Destro bitches, and suddenly SH gets pounce. Meanwhile, WL pounce gets nerfed.

So what you end up with is order getting a nerfed version of what was originally a class defining ability while a destro class gets the same ability in it's more or less original form. That's more or less how balance seems to go on here. Whether its WL, KotB, etc. Destro gets unique abilities or they get mirrors of order and order gets..... nothing. Literally the one case where this does not apply is rampage which is also a stupid ability and shows you just how much work should be done to slayer because without that OP ability the class really isn't that strong. Most likely though we'll just keep muddling through with GTDC / Rampage in their current stupid forms and get SH getting everything that every other class has.....
The devs are killing any small roam for just zerg mentality, no more skill. Rkd just needs more restrictions, it is fine as a base ability. As far as pounce.. well Shaman got nerf at the same time to their class defining ability.. so we both got screwed.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Aurandilaz

Post#30 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:57 pm

IDK, never liked the original idea of ranged CC (something usually left to tanks who have to suffer at frontlines to do it) - given to long range DPS classes.
There should always be a risk:reward ratio that is not low risk high reward, but a balanced approach. Any class with ranged CC is IMO in the category of low risk positioning while somehow having access to valuable CC. How is that fair to those classes that have to take higher risks to achieve same results?
SH kd feels bit overkill at times, but so does SW rkd. BW rkd is so rarely seen I'm not even sure anyone with brains runs that spec (so maybe that one has a high tradeoff, meaning high cost behind it).

Either tune both down or remove both, or ensure both come with actually high risk price.

SH for sure has some off the scales risk:reward ratios after some people decided the class needed a core pounce on a ranged class as a possible escape tool on top of lot of other tools at their disposal.