Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Ranged knock down has to go

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adapter
Suspended

[SW] Ranged knock down has to go

Post#1 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:59 am

Seriously, you have destroyed all solo roaming for Destruction with that I WIN ability.

There are SWs roaming and playing everywhere and the first hit is always the knock down. When you recover from it you are already half dead. And that on a ranged dps class with tons dots and escape abilities...

That knock down either needs a pre-condition, reduce kd time or the ranged reduced or removed. It is waaaay to powerful on that SW class.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
Bloodmasked

Re: [SW] Ranged knock down has to go

Post#2 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:36 am

I did my best to chase a SW on my dps dok (worst class to try and chase rdps with), he starts with the knockdown and self punts, snares me, etc. Just as I'm about to catch up to him by using flee and snare removal, he knocks me down a 2nd time since 30s immunity ended and then I'm snared and cannot flee again due to longer cooldowns. xd

So I can only speak from my dps dok view, I don't know if other mdps find chasing rdps as cancerous as I do since they have probably more abilities than me. Its rough tho.

Bloodmasked

Post#3 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:44 am

Solo roaming is dead for the same reason the lakes are dead. People refuse too often to fight anywhere except within 60ft of their warcamp or postern door. I hope devs do some changes because I don't consider sieges to be RVR except in the occasion that the defenders actually try and funnel main/inner or jump on the ram.

Likeaboss

Post#4 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:30 am

adapter wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:59 am Seriously, you have destroyed all solo roaming for Destruction with that I WIN ability.

There are SWs roaming and playing everywhere and the first hit is always the knock down. When you recover from it you are already half dead. And that on a ranged dps class with tons dots and escape abilities...

That knock down either needs a pre-condition, reduce kd time or the ranged reduced or removed. It is waaaay to powerful on that SW class.
Btw, this skill is ingame since.. 2008?2009? and 12 years later you come up with "you destroyed solo roam with this ability...
Did you just solo roam for the first time? or did you get killed by a SW yesterday?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it feels like a Trollpost, when you argue about SW ranged knockdown, short time after SH has got ranged knockdown aswell, and your post doesnt loose a word on this...

So you want RKD on SW removed but SH can keep it? Just to understand your intentions..

Since everyone tells that this game is not balanced on 1v1 i personally don't see the problem when 1 of a 24 man WB get knocked for 3s..
Last edited by Likeaboss on Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

teiloh

Post#5 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:33 am

adapter wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:59 am Seriously, you have destroyed all solo roaming for Destruction with that I WIN ability.

I know this is irony, but Destro crying about CC?

Cool, White Lion AOE KD when? White Lion cast pull when?

I dunno maybe give ASW GTDC too, replace the crappy frontal melee on a 20s cooldown that no one has used in history.

adapter
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:56 am

The SW KD is too much, it needs a nerf asap
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Sulorie

Post#7 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:28 am

Likeaboss wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:30 am
Btw, this skill is ingame since.. 2008?2009? and 12 years later you come up with "you destroyed solo roam with this ability...
Did you just solo roam for the first time? or did you get killed by a SW yesterday?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it feels like a Trollpost, when you argue about SW ranged knockdown, short time after SH has got ranged knockdown aswell, and your post doesnt loose a word on this...

So you want RKD on SW removed but SH can keep it? Just to understand your intentions..

Since everyone tells that this game is not balanced on 1v1 i personally don't see the problem when 1 of a 24 man WB get knocked for 3s..
You might not be aware, that the post is almost a 1:1 copy of the latest SH whine thread - most likely for trolling reasons. Now I guess you are aware of it.
Dying is no option.

kottonai

Post#8 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:43 am

It's too OP

SW can knockdown you and dot you to oblivion, it needs a nerf, either lower the range or lower the seconds of it

Ads
Jinxypie

Post#9 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:12 am

You can't blame the OP. The whine about SHs KD worked like charm.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

titaniummushroom

Post#10 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:04 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:28 am
Likeaboss wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:30 am

You might not be aware, that the post is almost a 1:1 copy of the latest SH whine thread - most likely for trolling reasons. Now I guess you are aware of it.
This guy gets it.

After reading 5 words I realized this was a total troll post and basically a verbatim complaint of the SH thread. Having said that, I'll share some thoughts.

1) All RKDs are stupid (in my opinion).
2) In the original game SW had rkd, not SH, yet here both have it.
3) In my opinion, SH and SW should lose rkd and SW should get something in return.

One of the most asinine things about this server goes something like this (and somehow almost always revolves around SH).

Take white lion for example. In the original game WL has pounce. Cool. Yet on this server, WL has pounce. Destro bitches, and suddenly SH gets pounce. Meanwhile, WL pounce gets nerfed.

So what you end up with is order getting a nerfed version of what was originally a class defining ability while a destro class gets the same ability in it's more or less original form. That's more or less how balance seems to go on here. Whether its WL, KotB, etc. Destro gets unique abilities or they get mirrors of order and order gets..... nothing. Literally the one case where this does not apply is rampage which is also a stupid ability and shows you just how much work should be done to slayer because without that OP ability the class really isn't that strong. Most likely though we'll just keep muddling through with GTDC / Rampage in their current stupid forms and get SH getting everything that every other class has.....