Recent Topics

Ads

Make SnB Tanks Great Again

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
vindicuss

Make SnB Tanks Great Again

Post#1 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:40 am

As the title says, my suggestion is to make SnB be played more frequently.

How?
Remove the 'Requires Great Weapon' for each ability there is.

Black Orc: Three Hit Combo
Swordmaster: Ether Dance

These 2 being the most important (black orc and swordmaster)

These others probably not, but still i add them just in case anyone has some good ideas about them.

Ironbreaker: Grudge-Born Fury / Cave In
Blackguard: Crimson Death / Malignant Strike
Chosen: Rending Blade
Knight of the Blazing Sun: Arcing Swing
(maybe im wrong with some skill names or something, correct me in the comments please)

Why?

1. To make players want to play as SnB and increase the quantity of players playing as Tanks in every aspect of the game.
2. To fix the problem about the lack of tanks in Scenarios and the lack of SnB tanks in Forts / City / oRvR.
3. Limiting skills is boring.
4. Because for the fun of it.
Last edited by vindicuss on Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Ysaran

Re: Make SnB Tanks Great Again

Post#2 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:09 am

Man, after the guard nerf SnB is already at his top. Your changes are way over the top and then there would be no reason to spec for 2h.
To me is def a big NO!
Zputadenti

Dauntl3s

Post#3 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:18 am

Sure make Ether Dance and Three Hit Combo usable with snb, really missing that brawler build on snb BO.
No to the rest of your suggestions.
How about reducing the cd on long punts as snb from 20 seconds to 10 on KotBS, Chosen and BG?
Sol

adapter
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:22 am

Well, black orc used to have THC as SnB and was so good, i never understood why they nerfed it so hard. So, yes, would be great to have THC / Ether Dance as SnB, i would definetly play my black orc more.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:46 am

vindicuss wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:40 am As the title says, my suggestion is to make SnB be played more frequently.

How?
Remove the 'Requires Great Weapon' for each ability there is.

Black Orc: Three Hit Combo
Swordmaster: Ether Dance

These 2 being the most important (black orc and swordmaster)

These others probably not, but still i add them just in case anyone has some good ideas about them.

Ironbreaker: Grudge-Born Fury / Cave In
Blackguard: Crimson Death / Malignant Strike
Chosen: Rending Blade
Knight of the Blazing Sun: Arcing Swing
(maybe im wrong with some skill names or something, correct me in the comments please)

Why?

1. To make players want to play as SnB and increase the quantity of players playing as Tanks in every aspect of the game.
2. To fix the problem about the lack of tanks in Scenarios and the lack of SnB tanks in Forts / City / oRvR.
3. Limiting skills is boring.
4. Because for the fun of it.
shield tanks mostly want more utility imo. let 2 handed tanks keep the dps.

utility ideas for shield tanks:

1. restore the big punt tactic to shield tanks (remove 2 handed requirement).
2. allow shield tanks to guard two players.

Zhentarim

Post#6 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:54 am

But when you do this you also remove the reasons why people would ever go twohander other than just dealing slightly more damage and dont have the feeling of being ignored by the enemy because you holding a shield. The advantages of holding a shield over twohander are already extreme at least from an IB point of view.

adapter
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:00 am

Zhentarim wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:54 am But when you do this you also remove the reasons why people would ever go twohander other than just dealing slightly more damage and dont have the feeling of being ignored by the enemy because you holding a shield. The advantages of holding a shield over twohander are already extreme at least from an IB point of view.
Wouldn't that mean that Tanks are meant to be played as SnB? So being able to use all of the skills as SnB makes sense. Restrict 1 Mastery tree to only 2H is just limiting the gameplay and making it less dynamic.

For example, if wish to be picked as a Tank for a City but still do some decent DPS instead of spamming aoe buffs/debuffs, being able to use THC as a Black Orc would be nice.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Zhentarim

Post#8 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:20 am

adapter wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:00 am
Zhentarim wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:54 am But when you do this you also remove the reasons why people would ever go twohander other than just dealing slightly more damage and dont have the feeling of being ignored by the enemy because you holding a shield. The advantages of holding a shield over twohander are already extreme at least from an IB point of view.
Wouldn't that mean that Tanks are meant to be played as SnB? So being able to use all of the skills as SnB makes sense. Restrict 1 Mastery tree to only 2H is just limiting the gameplay and making it less dynamic.

For example, if wish to be picked as a Tank for a City but still do some decent DPS instead of spamming aoe buffs/debuffs, being able to use THC as a Black Orc would be nice.
Im not against removing restrictions but there wouldn't be any reason to go twohanded other than those I mentioned. Twohanded tanks have their restrictions too in the SnB tree, are we gonna remove those restrictions as well for a more dynamic gameplay? You would have to change those SnB skills from block to parry then and therefor nerfing them for SnB. Making SnB the far superior in every single way is not what I agree with though, there should be some advantages to going twohanded as well.

Ads
zulnam

Post#9 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 am

:lol:

I have to wonder if you play a tank class. Then again there are a few tanks out there that avoid 2H like the plague.

Most tanks, even the responsible snb ones, like to occasionally go 2H unga bunga. It's fun, and different. (It also helps releave stress from all the headless chicken guards :P )
When in a city or oWB, i will always run my tank SnB. But in my spare time i do love me some 2H action.

If anything, i think making it easier for tanks to acquire 2H gear would increase the number of tanks, including the responsible snb ones. (This might be less of an issue on Destro side thanks to higher scenario win rates at r40, not sure)

Let me put it this way: Remove 2H and i quit SnB.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

M0rw47h

Post#10 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:38 am

...but you realize nobody would play 2H anymore?