Recent Topics

Ads

Runepriest Changes (namely dps)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Pharm400

Runepriest Changes (namely dps)

Post#1 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Runepriests haven't really been touched in a couple years, and there are a few changes that could add build diversity and generally improve the feel of the class.

Primary Changes

1. The middle tree master rune is not useful (-.25 second off build times).
Recommendation: Change the rune to a morale pump rune. Zealots have a self morale pump and destruction in general has more morale pumps than order. This would balance the factions more and replace a relatively useless ability

2. Grimnir's fury is lackluster (5 second cast AoE 30 foot Rez).
Recommendation: Replace with a unique Dps/Heal AoE ability. i.e. A 3 second channeled ability that does AoE damage and heals your group for half the damage. The other 2 trees have a dps/heal ability, and it is a unique AoE healing ability.

3. DPS Runepriests are missing a burst ability (like sear or fury of asuryan).
Recommendation: Change rune of fortune to be a 1 second cast ability (lower the damage to compensate, and give it a 5 second cooldown). It currently replaces Rune of Striking, but instead it could fill a gap RP's have.
Alternatively, lower the cooldown of rune granted abilities to 20 or so seconds. This would allow RP's to use the ability in a rotation and add more choice/diversity. (May affect other classes, debatable whether it should be lower cooldown for RP themself)

There are other quality of life changes that would be nice, like lowering the cooldown of breaking/harbinger, taking buffs off GCD out of combat, and/or making them uncleansable. But these 3 changes are the ones I think would most positively impact the game and RP's in general. It would increase build diversity, both in healing and dps, doesn't substantially change the nature of the trees (keeping them single target/longer duration effects/AoE rather than healing vs dps like the other healers), and breathes some life into RP players, which haven't had exciting developments in a very long time.

Ultimately these are the RP changes I think would most positively affect the game without making them overpowered. Let me know what you think!

Ads
Baaldr

Re: Runepriest Changes (namely dps)

Post#2 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:02 pm

Does RP/Zealot need a dmg specc? I mean if you want a hybrid class roll something else?

Ramlaen

Post#3 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:32 pm

Baaldr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:02 pm Does RP/Zealot need a dmg specc? I mean if you want a hybrid class roll something else?
RO/ZL have dps specs, OP isn't asking for one to be made, and their class mechanic swaps stats for healing or damage.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

kmark101

Post#4 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:01 pm

The most required balance change here would be to add a similar elemental debuff for the RP's armor debuff tactic as the Zealot's same tactic has both armor debuff AND spirit debuff, while the RP only have the armor debuff component. This would be crucial to balance out the main magical damage types of both factions.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Karkaroth

Post#5 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:37 pm

the only thing i really want on the rp/zeal is to take the glowie hands off the gcd its very clunky and would feel so much better

Przepraszam

Post#6 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:40 pm

Would be cool for Rp/Zeal to be on par with Am/Shammy in dps department
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Foomy44

Post#7 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:11 pm

I find it pretty crazy that order has no access to an elemental specific debuff. Don't see how zealot and runnie dps can be equal without one. What's the logic with zealots debuff tactic being flat out better than runnie and debuffing 2 resistances instead of 1? Both require a tactic slot but 1 does twice the work, that doesn't look like balance to me.

Literally anything would be more useful than aoe rez. I took a 2 year break from the game and this ability still existing was by far my biggest surprise when I came back. If devs don't wanna waste time coming up with something interesting here than just mirror the zealot ability and call it a day.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Opeteh

Post#8 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:01 pm

Karkaroth wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:37 pm the only thing i really want on the rp/zeal is to take the glowie hands off the gcd its very clunky and would feel so much better
This! You litarally have moments when you don't have anything to cast while in DPS.
Opeteh (87 zealot) / Ovvi (80 Witch Elf)

Ads
Bloodmasked

Post#9 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:01 pm

My Dok's DPS spec is pretty lame too, its just really high sustain and mediocre damage (has an okay execute).

Pharm400

Post#10 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:13 pm

I actually originally wrote that the runepriest has an armor debuff while the zealot has armor and corp debuff, even though the RP tactic is actually higher in the tree (but objectively worse). But there might be concern that it would boost BW damage so they wouldn't want to change it. Still a 100% valid point. Also between AM and Shammy the 3rd tactic in middle tree, the shammy one is objectively better as well with toughness debuff. So there is definitely cases of tactics being objectively better on one side