Recent Topics

Ads

[QnA feedback] 13th feb

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grock

Re: [QnA feedback] 13th feb

Post#21 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:26 pm

Sundowner wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:30 pm How class champions will be selected tho?
Apparently its not gonna be class-based.
From what i've heard the "champions" have already been chosen and it all was happening behind the scenes for some time now

If someone can go forward and clarify this whole thing it would be greatly appreciated.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
zulnam

Post#22 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:46 pm

Grock wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:26 pm
Sundowner wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:30 pm How class champions will be selected tho?
Apparently its not gonna be class-based.
From what i've heard the "champions" have already been chosen and it all was happening behind the scenes for some time now

If someone can go forward and clarify this whole thing it would be greatly appreciated.
I have to say, The realm champion thing both excites and frightens me. I've seen plenty of experienced players who are simply sore losers and found balance blames almost every time the warband lost a fight.

I can understand if they already selected some for the first wave. I just hope the choices are wise and those selected take the responsibility to represent all, not just their own. Then again, we say the same thing about politicians; and we actually pay those people.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Naelar

Post#23 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:46 pm

I've seen something like the realm champion in Archeage. It was a **** show.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#24 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:00 am

We created a large list of players we though would be suitable and then pared it down to 6 for the first round of discussions who could represent our targeted classes. We expect them to change from season to season and if people are particularly helpful or productive they might serve a second term.

For my part, I was looking for players that had a social group they could pool ideas from, depth of experience in the classes we were looking at, and a clean record both in-game and on the forums.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Grock

Post#25 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:27 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:00 am
We created a large list of players we though would be suitable and then pared it down to 6 for the first round of discussions who could represent our targeted classes. We expect them to change from season to season and if people are particularly helpful or productive they might serve a second term.

For my part, I was looking for players that had a social group they could pool ideas from, depth of experience in the classes we were looking at, and a clean record both in-game and on the forums.
This is the answer we needed, thanks

Will their names be public?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#26 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:35 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:27 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:00 am

This is the answer we needed, thanks

Will their names be public?
Would you want your name public? I don't care if they are or not, but that's up to them really.

Sponn
Suspended

Post#27 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:37 pm

I didn't watch the QnA, what are class champions? Can someone break it down for me real quick?

Are these players gonna be stat boosted or something?

Jinxypie

Post#28 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:40 pm

Sponn wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:37 pm I didn't watch the QnA, what are class champions? Can someone break it down for me real quick?

They are not supposed to be like city champions but the new balance team.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:42 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:40 pm
Sponn wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:37 pm I didn't watch the QnA, what are class champions? Can someone break it down for me real quick?

It is a group of players who will be involved in balance, providing additional perspective and insight into focus topics. ROR staff will ultimately take responsibility for anything that reaches the live servers.

Sponn
Suspended

Post#30 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:51 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:42 pm
Jinxypie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:40 pm

It is a group of players who will be involved in balance, providing additional perspective and insight into focus topics. ROR staff will ultimately take responsibility for anything that reaches the live servers.
Very cool, ty for the clarifications y'all