Recent Topics

Ads

[Submit your idea] - New scenarios & mechanics

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sever1n

Re: Ideas - New SC Mechanics

Post#11 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:50 pm

I have a nice idea. Make them pug with max vanq equip. Maybe then someone besides sov nooblords pack start enjoy sc.

Ads
OddSean

Post#12 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:22 pm

space44 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:16 pm Kadrin Valley is using Mountbloodhorn assets, looking at the trees, ground textures, and skybox.

un-named elf map looks a lot like Pheonix gate, it was probably scrapped and replaced with for the one we have now (the un-named elf map looks like shadowlands and the one we have now that looks identical is ellyrion).
I think the elf map actually looks more like Chrace, especially the Illboughs area leading towards Dark Elf ch 5 with the white cliffs and blasted looking grass/trees. Maybe the Phoenix Gate mechanic was intended for a tier lower? I agree with you on the map assessment though, just think perhaps it would be worthwhile to swap the mechanic to something like a Black Fire Pass so you don't have too many of one scenario type.

KVP is interesting too, perhaps it was removed super early in development and the Bloodhorn assets are all placeholder? Or it happened somewhere more temperate nearby?

space44

Post#13 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:28 pm

OddSean wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:22 pm
space44 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:16 pm Kadrin Valley is using Mountbloodhorn assets, looking at the trees, ground textures, and skybox.

un-named elf map looks a lot like Pheonix gate, it was probably scrapped and replaced with for the one we have now (the un-named elf map looks like shadowlands and the one we have now that looks identical is ellyrion).
I think the elf map actually looks more like Chrace, especially the Illboughs area leading towards Dark Elf ch 5 with the white cliffs and blasted looking grass/trees. Maybe the Phoenix Gate mechanic was intended for a tier lower? I agree with you on the map assessment though, just think perhaps it would be worthwhile to swap the mechanic to something like a Black Fire Pass so you don't have too many of one scenario type.

KVP is interesting too, perhaps it was removed super early in development and the Bloodhorn assets are all placeholder? Or it happened somewhere more temperate nearby?
now that i look more into it the Un-named elf map does look like chrace/blighted isles. also i like to believe that the KVP map is a post battle before it leads up to Gates of Ekrund looking at the assets used.

also Castle Fragendorf should be a 24 vs 24 instanced siege if anyone is familiar to "Strands of the Ancients" thats what im referencing to for that map.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

OddSean

Post#14 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:43 pm

space44 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:28 pm

now that i look more into it the Un-named elf map does look like chrace/blighted isles. also i like to believe that the KVP map is a post battle before it leads up to Gates of Ekrund looking at the assets used.

also Castle Fragendorf should be a 24 vs 24 instanced siege if anyone is familiar to "Strands of the Ancients" thats what im referencing to for that map.
Hmm, possibly. I'm not sure though, from running around it on a super old WarEmu fork the load screen is KV's, there are steep mountains on each side of the map and there are patches of KV grass. It seems a bit weird to have all that if it was intended for a Gates of Ekrund buildup. Who knows though

The Fragendorf idea is pretty cool, considering the scope of the map perhaps it could be stepped up into something like a mini keep siege? Can consider it as a practice ground so to speak, and a way for that content to be seen by SC-focused players. That does sound awful with pugs, though ;)

space44

Post#15 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:01 pm

OddSean wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:43 pm
space44 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:28 pm

Hmm, possibly. I'm not sure though, from running around it on a super old WarEmu fork the load screen is KV's, there are steep mountains on each side of the map and there are patches of KV grass. It seems a bit weird to have all that if it was intended for a Gates of Ekrund buildup. Who knows though

The Fragendorf idea is pretty cool, considering the scope of the map perhaps it could be stepped up into something like a mini keep siege? Can consider it as a practice ground so to speak, and a way for that content to be seen by SC-focused players. That does sound awful with pugs, though ;)
the first post i made on this topic goes more into depth with Castel Fragendorf, my idea is for it to be a guild only premade scenario, maybe in the guild hall next to the flight master is a match making NPC. requirments a guild, level 40 RR60. also me not knowing anything about this castle in the warhammer lore and almost 90% sure it doesnt exist in the Warhammer lore i can only guess its in Averland judging by the name.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

Borglog

Post#16 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:35 pm

in the q and a video you show blood hunt chamber which client was that in and whats name of the file

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#17 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:11 pm

Bumping in case you guys have more ideas

space44

Post#18 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:52 pm

can i suggest portals in the capitol cities so we can explore the places more ourselves since most people doesnt have a personal WaR client.

Ads
fabrizio3k

Post#19 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:46 pm

space44 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:19 am Castel Fragendorf seems too large and maze like to be a scenario, i believe it would be well used for a servers first PvE 24 man raid,(Story) a castel infested and taken over by the skavens and for order it their job to retake the fortress and avenge the previous occupants that has perished in the unfortunate quick slaughter and occupation, for destro your job is to slaughter the vermin and help occupy the fortress for chaos to have a better vantage point for the soon siege of Altdorf....

Orrrr make it like a instanced guild only scenario which works the same as a keep siege, (24 guild warband vs 24 guild warband) 2 rounds destro and order gets a RNG for who defends the first round if the defender wins the first round thats 100 points if the attacker wins the first round thats also 100 points, the second round gives the first round attacker a chance to defend and the same rules and concept applies its a 1 hour timer scenario which rewards 20 oppressor medallions or which ever the devs feels comfortable with to the winners, (200 points max in order to win).

theres also nothing i can find about Castel Fragendorf but maybe im not looking hard enough.

i could expand more into this but im too smooth brain.

possible loading screen?
I second this if it can help

NSKaneda

Post#20 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:53 am

Hmmm, my initial thoughts when I looked at the maps is to have Kadrin Valley Pass, Castle Fragendorf and Unnamed Elf Map as mini-fort event scenarios triggered by corresponding T3 pairing locking. I'm thinking special mechanic for these three: every strategic location on the map is marked with BO that grants respawn point. Control it to advance your forces. Once the final BO falls you win sc. Battle royale would also be a cool option here.

Arena, Garden of Morr, Pyramid of Settra - city triggered instances where you fight opponent wb as well as wave after wave after wave of champion mobs (with "target from top 6 mvps for each archtype" special mechanic maybe)? Win meds/emblems for wave 5, orvr bags for wave 10, "special" reward for nightmare mode wave 15 (lord lvl). Clear players and mobs to clear wave. Revived players can't rejoin the fight till central point is controlled by their side for required time.

All of these maps would be awesome to have as 24v24 or maybe even 48v48, they should require special campaign-based trigger in my opinnion to make them special and a goal to be fought for. All of them would also be great maps for instanced dungeons which faction controlling enemy city could do.

Just few random ideas
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *