Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc/BW] Sorc single target >> BW single target

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Naelar

Re: [Sorc/BW] Sorc single target >> BW single target

Post#21 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:12 am

balvor877 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:51 pm
Naelar wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:47 pm Hand of Ruin = Withering Heat (the two are even in the same exact spot in their trees)
Swell of Gloom = Funnel Power, only FP is better.

Try again.

Edit: Withering Heat has a snare, too.
ok thank you, Withering Heat was an oversight.

Swell of Gloom and Funnel Power is not the same though. High base damage numbers are way better to get high crits and therefore more damage.
Swell of Gloom works on one ability. Funnel Power works on all abilities.
Swell of Gloom requires a tactic slot. Funnel Power can be toggled at will.

You're right. They're not the same. Funnel Power is clearly better.

Ads
balvor877
Suspended

Post#22 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:29 am

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:00 am [Its so constructive, im telling you that have no clue about a sorc rotation. Regarding this fact its impossible that you make any proposal with a Minimum common sense about sorc Gameplay.
You have no idea yo play a sorc, probably you didnt play one never...and here you stay making proposal about a class you didnt played...
Yet another wrong assumption.

wonshot

Post#23 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:28 am

One of the two soft-mirrored classes having a better situational singletarget burst and the other having a stronger aoe output, i mean in a world where they are not the exact same thing this is bound to happen right? Now is the difference between them so big that something must change? someone please provide the numbers of timestamp difference, i dont personally Feel BW is far enough behind that it needs a buff.

Alot of the tactics and singletarget mastery abilities are "same but not the same" like Swell of gloom and funnel power. One adds a chunck of timestamp burst to one ability, and the other adds extra proc damage on top of the entire DD timestamp portion. I havnt done the math but i think both add around the same ballpark procentage of burst in a timestamp from my experience. (I could be wrong feel free to nerd out and provide numbers)

Echo of Power being this wierd ability that is not really Burn through tactic, and so does it go back and forth with simular abilities/tactics between both of the classes left mastery tree.

There is always the arguements of what is better when its not directly mirrored. Sorc has the option to provide the full timestamp in one resist-school and selfdebuff it with the middletree tactic. BW can get most of the timestamp debuffed from middletree but has other utility tools like Knockdown at the cost of the ignite + ignition effect (if two BWs assist of each other BW1 can use BW2's ignite and not consume it to apply the knockdown :roll: ) And having acces to two hard ticking channeling abilities for the instant first tick burst helps the Fireclown out with some singletarget burst.

The classes are simply not a hard mirror, so they will have pros and cons. Armorselfshield vs a resist selfbuff, a disarm vs a clense and on it goes.

Both of these classes have a very one dimentional backloaded burst, they really are monsters for pugstomping and pockethealer sniping. but when it comes to groupplay it is more up to the enemy to **** up and let you freecast or not detaunt/clense the burst to make the class an issue. Good BW an Sorcs on both realms make the class work in all aspects (ranked, 6v6)

Should Singletarget BW get Sear changed to Corp damage? meh. aoe Sorc is probably in more of a need to get a slight buff to their aoe mastery build, than fireclown needs help on Singletarget build imho. if we are looking just at the sorft-mirror of the two and their builds.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Gatto

Post#24 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:20 am

Sorc slight better ST, worse AOE, worse cleave, while BW have slight worse ST, better aoe, better cleave.
Both ST rotations are easily counterable from decent tanks/healers, guess you dont have any.
OP if you are not aware of that. you shouldnt talk about things you clearly dont understand.
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Likeaboss

Post#25 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:22 am

I don't understand the aggression in this Thread...
He does have any rigth to bring up his point of view and instead of talk about it with facts, people just start shitposting.
I sometimes think this is a strat, that Dev's for sure won't read through a topic full of such posts.

That beeing said, in my opinion:

Singletarget: Sorc >> BW
AoE: BW >> Sorc

So where is the problem? ;)

teiloh

Post#26 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:29 am

Brutinho wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:12 pm BW AoE >> Sorc AoE
Because of Flashfire?

Otherwise this is just a meme.

Gatto

Post#27 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:31 am

Likeaboss wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:22 am I don't understand the aggression in this Thread...
He does have any rigth to bring up his point of view and instead of talk about it with facts, people just start shitposting.
I sometimes think this is a strat, that Dev's for sure won't read through a topic full of such posts.

bc its a whine thread from someone who always cry about something being OP when he dont have any idea how classes works?
I mean u can easily see that from those Sorc/Bw rotations. literally no clue
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Sulorie

Post#28 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:35 am

This happens, when you don't detaunt, absorb or get out of LoS, when you get chillwind applied.
BW does the same to destro targets.
Next time pay more attention to incoming dots, they clearly tell you " hey, I want to burst you!".
Dying is no option.

Ads
balvor877
Suspended

Post#29 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:56 am

Likeaboss wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:22 am I don't understand the aggression in this Thread...

Yeah, that's exactly what they are doing. No discussion possible. Only sh*t posting, memes, personal attacks, l2p, detaunt, rampage op...

That's their strategy to get threads locked and it works. It's always the same few destro trolls.

Back to the topic: single target damage is what kills people. Aoe ist just fluff. There is no reason why sorcs should have the whole rotation in the same self debuffed damage type while BWs dont.

Regarding buffing sorc aoe: think about magus. Bad idea...

Lorsten

Post#30 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:25 am

Sorc ST is better and easier to actually perform (since like......forever?). BW ST is worse, but still good enough to timestump unguarded targets who didnt pay attention to their debuffs. BW has more utility in st build, like compensation to weaker ST damage.
Doesnt it seem fairly balanced? Sure you want easier burst like sorc has, but are you ready to give away some utility for it?
Both sorc and bw rotations can be easily defended against. To actually kill anyone who can see BB/WOP on him you need a pocket heal and tank who will punt ppl for undefendable timestamps.
I play both, i like both, i have no problems killing unguarded puggies with sorc or BW, and both classes are struggling against anything organized.