Blacksmith - crafting profession suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jildaz

Re: Blacksmith - crafting profession suggestion

Post#11 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:16 pm

space44 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:39 pm
Jildaz wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:21 pm If you want to grind craft/ trade Skill and all those boring stuff, go play a korean game and leave Ror out of this thing plz.
Its a terrible idea, even worse than forcing Pve gearing to get BiS.
what is it with people comparing grind to korean games, every MMORPG has a grind. everyone who compares grind and anything they disagree with to a korean game is stereotypical racism. heres a list of non korean games that has a grind in them. adding grind to WaR wont bring it to the same level of a korean game like Black Desert.

RuneScape(USA)
ESO (USA)
FFO XIV(Japan)
EVE Online(Iceland)
Neverwinter Online (Cryptic Studios, USA)

i can go on but its getting off topic. the point is people comparing grind or anything they dont agree with to korean games is blatant racism when they cant find a more logical counter argument for something they disagree with.
Because lot of korean game are based on profession grind. "every one who compares grind and anything they disagree with to a koean game is stereotypical racism" Ok, so what are you then ? comparing me as a racist because i compared grinding game as korean game ? I could be korean myself you have no idea ? I could have compared to any other niche game from a different country but there's nothing racist calling something for what it is, even tho there's exceptions and appear to be a cliché.
War was made for PvpEr, its one of the few game you can gear without doing freaking pve, its a niche game where you can grind Pvp only and have decent gear. If you like cutting trees, and mine all day long, go play Dofus, its from a French studio.
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#12 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:25 pm

yes, but why cant we have best of both worlds. You don't have to craft, you can buy the stuff if you dont want this grind.. there are loads of people who probably would like to dive into new crafting though.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Glorian

Post#13 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:35 pm

I am actually here a little in the side of Jildaz.

"Don't make Blacksmithing mandatory"

Meaning, to be capable of fighting in RvR on peak levels you need your pots (Apothecary) and your latest Talismans in your gear (Talismanmaking). If you don't put gold or effort in you can't be BIS.

If Blacksmithing is like an upgrade to your gear like sharpening the blade for 1% more anything then the hardcores would do that and you need to do the same.

------------------------
My Idea:
Make Blacksmithing into Fashionhammer.
Have the opportunity to find Materials and Salvage stuff that drops then Mats to build all the Appearance sets that are sometimes hidden in Dungeons, High Level City Gear, or aren't simply in like some Kotbs Armor items that aren't part of their respective Armor set because the set only has 4 items and the graphical assets had shoulders and a helmet on top.
Some modern Games like "Sea of Thieves" have no progression. The only thing you can get through money and playtime are Fashionsets, Shipappearance and stuff like that.
Put in the Ironbreaker Drakegun, the Miners Helmet or Plummet Hat for Kotbs and WH and give it a 1% chance and players will craft for ages to get it.

Put on a list on what can all be crafted, or at least a number on each different Item.

I have heard that some appearance stuff wasn't brought in because like Slayer has 6 items and WE only 1. So how could you balance it on a RR level or an Event. Simply make them craftable through Blacksmithing, give everything an opportunity chance. Make them tradeable, give them a rarity.

I am not sure if all the Modell Numbers are in the Database, meaning if you could do a backtrack SQL-Querry to find if and to what Item everything is bound in the game. But I think the Devs could easily find 2-3 fashionista helpers to help searching through the item Database without to give them full DB-Dev Access to find modells and items and bind them.

Or if you want to support open RvR let the blacksmithing mats drop on killed players tied to their RR rank.

Jinxypie

Post#14 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:16 pm

Cool cosmetics and invader lvl BOEs would be great fit for new profesion.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Bloodmasked

Post#15 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:37 am

Make it so you can put a 136 armor talisman inside the UI and then it creates a 180 armor talisman.

TheForgottenwolf34

Post#16 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:48 am

I would love to see this come into the game, most games have a blacksmithing skill some where And in this game i jsut feels.. odd it doesnt have one, i truely hope it comesin ( even though ive already seen blacksmithing npc's in the cities)

tazdingo

Post#17 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:55 am

ridiculous to get mad at a potential grind, if u don't enjoy it just spend ur pvp winnings on it, and for those worried that you'd need to do it to be competitive, do u need 900 armour pots to be competitive? hell no

my personal hope is that it allows more horizontal progression at the top, editing set and item bonuses to allow more specialization and min/maxing

TheForgottenwolf34

Post#18 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:42 am

tazdingo wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:55 am ridiculous to get mad at a potential grind, if u don't enjoy it just spend ur pvp winnings on it, and for those worried that you'd need to do it to be competitive, do u need 900 armour pots to be competitive? hell no

my personal hope is that it allows more horizontal progression at the top, editing set and item bonuses to allow more specialization and min/maxing
I can agree there, allowing people to more freely customize their gear to what they want

Ads
Tesq

Post#19 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:08 am

considering how the craft work in this game (1 craft -2 peculiar gathering associated skills) i suggest what follow

1-armor craft will use 2 new gathering skill
a) mining - to gather iron stuff (classing as it goes)
b) tailoring - to gather tissue ( still required when building armors)

N.B: tailoring still consist into kill mobs to get tissue (or can be create a farming menu much like cultivation where you dedicate time yo tour your animal farm and get some ingredients at the end).

2-function of armor crafting
-craft armor
-craft whole set armor that can boost craft and gathering (similar to the potion we had in live but more specific, like one only set effect on 5 pieces or so to only increase crit chance of pots or multiply +1 etc)
-improve type of armor ,crafted and not (exemple from green to blue etc -> allow also improve craft to mythic level gear with out set effects)
- craft timed lasting cosmetic armor and back

3- main ingredient (such empty bottle for apo and the other for tali making) should be a recipe of sort it could be called a design plan, which i duno what should eb teh process to aquire it.

N.B: tailoring would require depending of what you want to produces different type of material ex: less tissue stuff and more iron stuff if crafting a heavy armor, or scales from drake/lizard when crafting light armor OR more tissue and less iron when crafting medium robe.

ex: 1 plan project (main ingredient) - 1-2 iron + 1-2 drake/lizard scale or animal tissue (total of 3 to make something like potions and talismans)

N.B maybe add also the chace to create ad hoc jewelry since we have so few horizontal progression when it came to accessory

edit: removed 1 option cuz was impossible due bound set itiem which would had allow only the crafter to boost is own gear
edit2: you can take this proposal and split this into amor + wep making AND tailoring which is accessory + robes making; this would bring the total craft professions to 4

Grasthard

Post#20 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:01 pm

realistically speaking, adding a whole new profession is not feasible.

there are no assets for it in the base game, and I don't think RoR devs have the capabilities to make a whole new interface piece, icons, resource node models etc etc