Blacksmith - crafting profession suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
space44

Re: Blacksmith - crafting profession suggestion

Post#21 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Grasthard wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:01 pm realistically speaking, adding a whole new profession is not feasible.

there are no assets for it in the base game, and I don't think RoR devs have the capabilities to make a whole new interface piece, icons, resource node models etc etc
We don't care, there's a lot of things the devs do that didn't seem feasible and they still managed to do the things they do. smithing and mineing already has its foundation laid out.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
Grasthard

Post#22 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:38 am

then, If anything, I would blacksmiting only for fine-tuning gear. ie you craft a "blacksmithing object" that allows to swap one stat from one piece of gear to another (you need to own both). each piece of gear can only swap one stat at max.

It would work kinda like talisman making, where if you want to swap 100% of one stat from an item to the other for lvl 40 items, you need the highest level blacksmithing object ( corrensponding to a +24 tali). also, those blacksmithing objects should be sellable, otherwise one profession would have too much advantage

meatcpu

Post#23 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:55 pm

I haven't seen anything from the Devs on this. Are there any indications what Mythic's intent was?

Fenris78

Post#24 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:50 pm

If any of this was possible, I can only imagine very small buff to existing stats (like 5-10% more of that stat), without twice the same stat buffed (ie you cannot have +10% wounds on all your stuff) and probably time-limited (to make it consumable like other professions).

Any further modification on items will unbalance things too much, because there is simply too much parameters, and already too much gear-gap between players.

Giving things like new stats or more talisman slots sounds like incredibly OP to be realistically balanced at all.

meatcpu

Post#25 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:44 pm

I tried to find something in the wayback machine on the EA site that might indicate what they had in mind, but couldn't get into the forums.

I think the simplest, balance preserving answer would be to allow conversion of the stats on gear into other stats or procs which exist on other weapons. This would decrease the net gain, but open up more customization. Behind the scenes this could be implemented as a sort of gear score where the score is preserved. Even if the list of available procs were relatively small it could be refreshing. Perhaps the other professions could create some of the raw materials needed for the conversion.

I'm curious if this was intended as a player profession or something that was maybe going to be possible thru a vendor. I've noticed there is a blacksmith NPC in IC.