Recent Topics

Ads

Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Detangler
Posts: 539

Re: Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

Post#11 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:23 am

Lol what a subject. Blasting pots are just for stacking aoe damage. Crashing the server, assuming this happens, would hurt both sides, not just one.

Oy...
Detangler and alts - 83 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE
Destro - In Hibernarion
Tangler and alts - 36 SM Swordmaster, 30 Slayer
Order - Active

Ads
Bloodmasked
Posts: 137

Re: Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

Post#12 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:43 am

zulnam wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:01 am
Sponn wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:57 pm
Dude as a KOTBS blasting pot is my most damaging ability tho....... :/
This is the real tragedy here, but alas; no love for knights. The Zoidberg of classes.


As for blasting pots; there is literlly no proof; just anecdotal evidence. I've had times when i saw them used had massive FPS spikes and times when they didn't seem to affect the frame rate at all.
Calling them 'a form of DDOS' attack when that's all you have is extremely far fetched. Would work if you were into politics and had your own news station; alas, you seem not to be (didn't google 'blasting pots news' so can't tell for sure).

My suggestion: start using them yourself, along with your group/warband. The dot stacks iirc and the numbers add up nicely; and if what you believe is true, you will be DDOSing the enemy team. Eventually if everyone is 'DDOSing' each other the devs will have to look into it, least the server ends up in M.A.D.
I like the part where you say theres no evidence they cause lag and then the next sentence you say you got massive FPS spikes from them sometimes :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
warlover
Posts: 230

Re: Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

Post#13 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:03 am

Sponn wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:57 pm
Dude as a KOTBS blasting pot is my most damaging ability tho....... :/
LOL :lol:

User avatar
zulnam
Posts: 497

Re: Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

Post#14 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:10 am

Bloodmasked wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:43 am
zulnam wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:01 am
Sponn wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:57 pm
Dude as a KOTBS blasting pot is my most damaging ability tho....... :/
This is the real tragedy here, but alas; no love for knights. The Zoidberg of classes.


As for blasting pots; there is literlly no proof; just anecdotal evidence. I've had times when i saw them used had massive FPS spikes and times when they didn't seem to affect the frame rate at all.
Calling them 'a form of DDOS' attack when that's all you have is extremely far fetched. Would work if you were into politics and had your own news station; alas, you seem not to be (didn't google 'blasting pots news' so can't tell for sure).

My suggestion: start using them yourself, along with your group/warband. The dot stacks iirc and the numbers add up nicely; and if what you believe is true, you will be DDOSing the enemy team. Eventually if everyone is 'DDOSing' each other the devs will have to look into it, least the server ends up in M.A.D.
I like the part where you say theres no evidence they cause lag and then the next sentence you say you got massive FPS spikes from them sometimes :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you loved that bit, the next part (of the same sentence) is gonna BLOW YOUR MIND! Keep reading.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, Mara, SH

satanlol
Posts: 23

Re: Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

Post#15 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:49 am

Sulorie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:16 am
kyrontor wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:21 pm
Sulorie wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:06 pm
That's a bold assumption, that people not use blast pots for the added damage.
Is there evidence?
Only Sponn so far claimed he uses blasting potions for the damage. Kudos to him, i appreciate the answer.
When doing city WB with alliance, people distribute blast pots to all who want to drop it on command to maximize damage. It is added damage, especially if multiple people are using them (I fairly believe they stack). It is quite far fetched to put in "crash opponents client" as a reason. Especially when most people crash on loading into city and not during the fights.

They do not stack, unless something changed the last 6 months.

Sulorie
Posts: 5456

Re: Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

Post#16 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:15 am

satanlol wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:49 am
Sulorie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:16 am
kyrontor wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:21 pm


Only Sponn so far claimed he uses blasting potions for the damage. Kudos to him, i appreciate the answer.
When doing city WB with alliance, people distribute blast pots to all who want to drop it on command to maximize damage. It is added damage, especially if multiple people are using them (I fairly believe they stack). It is quite far fetched to put in "crash opponents client" as a reason. Especially when most people crash on loading into city and not during the fights.

They do not stack, unless something changed the last 6 months.
If this is correct, why would anyone dc or crash because one additional dot? It's not like you get spammed with dmg ticks.
I tend to believe, that some people are just looking for reasons, why they crash at sieges or city fights.
Dying is no option.

Cabron101
Posts: 28

Re: Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

Post#17 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:45 am

Just remove them from the game, they are rubbish in all regards.

Caduceus
Posts: 235

Re: Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

Post#18 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Blast pots are great for damage. I never experience any lag from using them or having them used against me.

This sounds like a bit of an urban might.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Fenris78
Posts: 253

Re: Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

Post#19 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:18 pm

Just uncheck all boxes in enemy's Combat Log section, to massively reduce stuttering/lag/dc in forts.

At least it worked for me, and eliminated the massive hang-on from bolstering when entering/exiting lakes.

lyncher12
Suspended
Posts: 540

Re: Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

Post#20 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:19 pm

if theres two people and you + a friend blasting pot each one they stack.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests