Recent Topics

Ads

Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
MortredSoulrend

Re: Blasting potions used as a form of DDOS attack

Post#31 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:20 am

Anecdotally, I'll start recording next time I hear my warband leader say something to that same effect "Lag em out, lag em out!"

On destruction side, I've heard the same thing from a certain warband leader who plays both order and destruction.

Was this a problem on live? Were blasting potions spamming small ticks of damage, on a single person or group a problem there?

I'm glad somebody had the gall to make this post, it's been talked about before in another thread. It's disheartening and ruins the integrity of the game to see it used in this way.
Also, it's not garanteed to disconnect anybody. The aim is to lag out your opponents so they can't fight back.
Having heard the same thing said by a warband leader on destruction side really turned me off the game, and that certain player. Their intention that they stated was really disheartening, and showed a lack of integrity.

I understand the perspective that the burden of proof should be on the accusers.
two different issues at hand, one is the intention of the players using them for the lag.

The other is whether they cause any lag at all, or it's just anecdotal.

I'm aware that policing peoples intentional use, of something that isn't happening is not possible. Obviously the person in that video, and that I heard in a destruction discord believe that blasting potions used in a cordinated way can cause huge studdering and lag.

Ads
agemennon675

Post#32 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:39 am

TreefAM wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:46 pm Yeah it was defo the blasting pots that farmed you lmao
That time stamp is not about people losing a fight it is about usage of blasting potions and leader calling ''lag em out'' using blasting potions, but that does not prove that blasting potions cause lag however but I think anyone can clearly see that when blasting potions drop the recording players fps drop significantly
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

TreefAM

Post#33 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:37 am

If you want to remove stuttering and lag from happening in big fights, I guess it's time to turn off all the proc dmg, sorcs, bws, slayers, mSH, everything has to go )

oaliaen

Post#34 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:43 pm

zolio1236 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:12 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOUm-rU8Isw
@16:20 listen to what he says...
*Lexmechanic*

..."Blasting pots , Blasting pot guys if you have it...laggem out laggem out. " ..

..End of the transcription

..Bzz