Recent Topics

Ads

RR70+ players should receive Invader medals from lock instead of Vanquisher

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Fenris78

Re: RR70+ players should receive Invader medals from lock instead of Vanquisher

Post#11 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:33 pm

It could not be unreasonable to drop about 1/5th of the vanquisher's rewards in Invader currencies, considering cost of respective pieces.

So you could have up to 2-3 invader meds (by the shards form to allow granular contribution rewards) instead of 10-20 Vanquisher ones after a zone lock (while having completed Vanq set of course).

Considering that there will be still no Invader pieces in regular RvR gold bags, and that Invader is still a meh set for some classes - compared to Vanquisher stats and bonuses (Slayer, WH for isntance) - who will only use Invader for SoV unlock, it could ease the grind a bit without being too generous.

Add to that you probably want to spend another 60-120 Invader meds for Fortress weapons (wich will be needed to upgrade to Sov-level ones in a near future), the reliance to rvr bags and forts rewards only may prove itself a bit too grindy (especially since bags wont drop as much often with forts global contrib system, as opposite to RvR bags).

Currently main issue is Invader meds are locked behind fort participation, and while you can always contribute to a RvR lock, fortress spots are limited, both in quantity and availability (forts are daily but not always when you want them on your timezone, same for cities), not to mention the more laggy/crashy behavior into forts, that often lead to loss of your spot/contribution, ultimately to your rewards.

So in the end of the day if things gone wrong, you'll be spoiled of your (presumably) well-earned invader meds taht you'll NEED at least for Sov unlocking.
While in the meantime you'll be able to earn 2-3 full sets of vanquisher (with a bit of luck), since whole pieces will drop into regular gold bags.

Ads
space44

Post#12 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:14 am

zulnam wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:17 am It's on the line frankly. Okish now, but it will need to be reworked once the next set after sov comes.

Reality is item distribution has to be flexible to the server age. If the team were, to give an example, to make a new fresh server where everyone starts from scratch, you wouldn't even need the double anni/conq/vanq meds that we get now.
But once we get the next big set and all the big boys and girls get it, invader meds will need to drop more often so that new players / casuals / alts are not left at NPC levels of stats.
i linked the other forum post the guy made get the time to take a read and youll see this guys actual intentions with Vanquishers.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Caduceus

Post#13 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:45 am

It's quite insane how easy it is to gear in Return of Reckoning.

No reason to make it easier.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Luthyen

Post#14 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:12 am

In my opinion a lot of Invader sets are crap for specials skilltrees. There should be possibility to get the invader unlock with the bloodlord set. Or just add a second invader set so, u dont have to buy crap only for an unlock
Last edited by Luthyen on Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Luthyen

Post#15 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:14 am

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:18 am
zulnam wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:17 am It's on the line frankly. Okish now, but it will need to be reworked once the next set after sov comes.

Reality is item distribution has to be flexible to the server age. If the team were, to give an example, to make a new fresh server where everyone starts from scratch, you wouldn't even need the double anni/conq/vanq meds that we get now.
No set after sov confirmed.
Next set is between vanq and invader and comes from PvE.
Bloodlord is already even with invader, why should darkpromise or tyrant be a downstep?

Wintersun666

Post#16 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:21 am

Fix invader for some Classess(Mara) it is absolute trash

Luthyen

Post#17 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:30 am

Wintersun666 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:21 am Fix invader for some Classess(Mara) it is absolute trash
i aggree

M0rw47h

Post#18 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:26 am

Luthyen wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:14 am
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:18 am

No set after sov confirmed.
Next set is between vanq and invader and comes from PvE.
Bloodlord is already even with invader, why should darkpromise or tyrant be a downstep?
Because its supposed to require only Beastlord. So, you can get it without farming all the dungeons. Something for new players I guess.

Ads