Recent Topics

Ads

New Talisman Ideas - improved non-armor talismans

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
havartii

Re: New Talisman Ideas - improved non-armor talismans

Post#11 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:49 am

Resistance tallies?? Sure ill stack corporeal just to get 1 shot by a BW or if you pick elemental . A mdps breaths on you and you fall over. I just don't see how they can be viable with the damage so high. No choice but to play WP and DoK now.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Bloodmasked

Post#12 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:27 am

Yes more changes to talismans please this is crucial to making the game better. Don't bother with actual rvr content thats for tryhards.

Panodil

Post#13 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:43 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:21 pm No love for resistance talismans.
its because resist is already way over cap. Maybe resist buffs are to good or resist debuffs to weak and few
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

M0rw47h

Post#14 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:02 am

No new tallies please, no more grind... Just buff those underperforming ones...

saupreusse
Developer

Post#15 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:21 am

geezereur wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:59 pm Resistance talisman should be all 3 resistance in one talisman then reduce the amount.
Yeah. No one should surrender 3 talisman slots just to get a resist buff. I would instantly slot a resist talisman if it combined all 3 resistance bonuses into one slot.

Zhentarim

Post#16 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:24 pm

Panodil wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:43 am
its because resist is already way over cap. Maybe resist buffs are to good or resist debuffs to weak and few
Its not way over the cap, you reach the cap with the party buffs and when you get debuffed you get down to around 25%. So getting resis talis in your gear for an extra 15% reduction before softcap on resis damage might be well worth it but the current resis talis are pretty trash.

Koryu199X

Post#17 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:27 am

Bozzax wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:25 pm Wtf

(This game already turn most away lets add grind and increase power gap)
I agree on that, this is something that needs to be accessible to all players. Which is something I mentioned previous that in order for the game to move forward there needs to be a way to improve accessibility. I discussed on the other server better implementation of alternative armour, even blacksmithing as a profession. Also focusing on rewarding player knowledge, providing ways to find the right materials, if you know where to look for something you should be rewarded with what you need not another grindfest to then get what you need. Like with cultivating, if you are a high level and know what to do you should be able to get good results. An example would be an npc hidden in a zone to provide quests that teach, ways to find materials to boost cultivating, for instance if you found a spot of soil you could dig it up and see if it improves results etc.

Meliannia

Post#18 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:31 am

Koryu199X wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:18 pm The question is are these stackable, if so then 24 WS with plus 2% parry would be insane so I would advise either maybe the tally gives dual stats instead but the secondary stat is slightly lower like ws and strength or the parry is 1% or limited
You could make these talismans unique one -offs like LORE items in EQ (the Granddaddy of all MMO), so you can only ever have one on your toon.

Ads
Feuerzehe

Post#19 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:12 pm

I agree to maybe bring something new but to strong talis (24+2%something) should not be possible
Think about people they went to T2-T4. In the moment it is hard enough for them because lot of players there with endgear (highgear)
and with this talis you will make them much stronger so no chance for pugs and they will be frustrated about something like this

Koryu199X

Post#20 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:21 am

Thanks Meliannia, yeah having it as a one equip would be best. I agree with what you said Feuerzehe, I think that is something I also highlighted. I'm all for adding content but we need to avoid reducing the accessibility of the game for new players.