Recent Topics

Ads

New Talisman Ideas - improved non-armor talismans

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Aurandilaz

New Talisman Ideas - improved non-armor talismans

Post#1 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:12 pm

First of all, take a deep breath, these are initial opening suggestions, they are not values set in stone and should be criticized, and most likely be edited one way or another before finding "balanced" values.

Anyway, since everyone is stacking armor to survive, nerfing armor talisman values only slightly increases Time To Kill, IMO, not massively, but still a change.
Regardless, the reason why people stack armor remains, namely majority of DPS dealing physical dmg and large portion of heavy lethal burst being physical dmg.
And, the other talismans are simply not offering as much value compared to stacking armor, which happens to be the reason for creating this suggestion.

Add new "Enhanced" tier of talismans, namely taking a +24 defensive (non STR/BAL/INT) and adding extra side benefit to those.
Plan being, create alternatives to stacking armor talis for survival.

These Enhanced-tier purple 24 stat talismans could possibly be gained from various endgame sources;
-next dungeon (Hunters Vale?) final boss drop (1-2 per party)
-ch22 Gold Bags loot
-feel free to suggest

And be fully tradeable between players, so even if you hate organizing for PVE you could buy them for possibly very high prices on AH.

opening suggestion:
Enhanced purple Weapon Skill talisman; +24 Weapon Skill +2 parry
Enhanced purple Initiative talisman; +24 Initiative +2 reduced chance to be critically hit
Enhanced purple Willpower talisman, +24 Willpower +2 healing critical chance
Enhanced purple Wounds talisman, +24 Wounds -2% less incoming dmg taken
Enhanced purple Toughness talisman, +24 Toughness -3% less critical dmg received

Now you may think "wtf", but these are opening numbers, they can be tweaked if something seems too much/too little, or if something feels completely broken.
The main goal remains to open alternative paths to boosting survival versus just stacking armor talismans.
And question remains if people really start grinding ch22 24/7 for chance of gaining +2% stat to replace their old talismans.

Please remain calm :3

Ads
normanis

Re: New Talisman Ideas - improved non-armor talismans

Post#2 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:15 pm

or change combat formula for tougness
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Koryu199X

Post#3 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:18 pm

I like the idea as it adds something new to strive for in the end game. I would have perhaps introduced crit, parry, block etc talisman or made them as possible talisman that crafters could make. The question is are these stackable, if so then 24 WS with plus 2% parry would be insane so I would advise either maybe the tally gives dual stats instead but the secondary stat is slightly lower like ws and strength or the parry is 1% or limited to maybe the shoulder slot like on live with the crit tally.

Zhentarim

Post#4 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:25 pm

No I dont like it, I dont think there needs to be a bigger gap between the endgame people and newer people. All those talismans are broken and you dont fix one thing by adding in a new OP item. The armor talis have just been nerfed so lets wait abit and see how it turns out. If they have to change some talismans they should look at the current resistance talismans and make them more attractive instead. Im not stacking armor because I fear phys damage the most, I stack armor because it provided the most value.

Koryu199X

Post#5 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:36 pm

On reflection a tally with these stats that could be slotted into the shoulders would probably be acceptable and only really give a bit of an edge, though some specs, notably the WH parry spec might benefit too much from these talisman. So careful consideration on how much of an advantage does it give and if both players have them is that advantage negated, these are questions that would need to be asked and then tested and then asked again.

kazuya482

Post#6 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:23 pm

I'd rather they just take a look at initiative and toughness tbh. Toughness specifically, needs to be a more worthwhile stat to invest in.
Last edited by kazuya482 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:19 pm

Support for the idea's! Add fortitude in the game as well. And really change stacking rules so if you have str buff and str potion they would stack etc. Procsf on gears are something that needs to stack as well with buff or potion. Or change pots/liniments (back to 60 min pls and with the bigger stats) and make like 100 melee/ranged/magik/fortitude potions and others as well if stacking rules with buffs and debuffs stays like it is now.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:21 pm

No love for resistance talismans.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Bozzax

Post#9 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:25 pm

Wtf

(This game already turn most away lets add grind and increase power gap)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

geezereur

Post#10 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:59 pm

Resistance talisman should be all 3 resistance in one talisman then reduce the amount.