Recent Topics

Ads

Possible change on the X-Realm lock mechanism

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Possible change on the X-Realm lock mechanism

Post#31 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:51 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:08 pm
emiliorv wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:34 am
i still see 20 instances in city sieges when happen at prime time...and there was more than a year since cities released...
Yes, because people play it for gear. Number of instances have dropped by HALF since release.
Lets make some numbers...
20 instances = 480 vs 480 = 960 total players...lets supose a 1200 population at peak hours => its a 80% of playerbase, and sure could be higher if everyone queued got a pop...looks like mostly ppl are queueing for city, if we had a higher playerbase we can reach 30-40 instances like before. But still mostly of players (>80% + no-pop) are enjoying ENDGAME content...so we need more xrealm to overpopulated faction to reach the endgame (desired for more than 80% of playerbase) faster.

I could enjoy population balance if it didnt hurt progression, but the game that we have right now it is what it is....so stop trying to be a "xrealm hero" going to underdog, you are really hurting the game...a lot of ppl left the game because "city never happens on primetime" and xrealming to underdog only help to keep this happening.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#32 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:02 pm

"Enjoying" I doubt that the majority of people who do city actually enjoy them.
It's just a gearing run, not unlike Gunbad, and honestly pve often fights back harder than most warbands you see in cities.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#33 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:06 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:15 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:05 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:08 pm

Yes, because people play it for gear. Number of instances have dropped by HALF since release.
The population going from 3k to 1.2k has nothing to do with this
City Siege as BiS gear farm was one of reasons of population drop.
One of the reasons population dropped is because city never happens on primetime...xrealmers to underdog are one the reasons of this happen, and you still trying to argue that are "healthy to teh game" => no they are not...they are not helping anyone, not the players or the game...

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#34 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:09 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:02 pm "Enjoying" I doubt that the majority of people who do city actually enjoy them.
It's just a gearing run, not unlike Gunbad, and honestly pve often fights back harder than most warbands you see in cities.
Farming gear and renown isnt a way to "enjoy" playtime?

TreefAM

Post#35 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:10 pm

Stomping random pugs and semi afking isn't my idea of fun no :D

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#36 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:16 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:10 pm Stomping random pugs and semi afking isn't my idea of fun no :D
easy => stop making organized wbs and join as solo-q...maybe you can get more fun by this way.

TreefAM

Post#37 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:18 pm

Man I don't even know if you're even baiting anymore :\

Asderas27

Post#38 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:45 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:16 pm
TreefAM wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:10 pm Stomping random pugs and semi afking isn't my idea of fun no :D
easy => stop making organized wbs and join as solo-q...maybe you can get more fun by this way.
I hope this is a joke. If not go play a single player game.
Xrealming is just an excuse. Just stop these posts about increasing lockout timer
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#39 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:12 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:45 pm
emiliorv wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:16 pm
I hope this is a joke. If not go play a single player game.
Xrealming is just an excuse. Just stop these posts about increasing lockout timer
read last post and dropping random BS...

Madmagnus

Post#40 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:06 pm

The issue is the calculated swaps to ensure reward for you at the expense of the player base who are trying to play the game as intended. The game is intended that a player base will spend an evening trying to progress from T2>T3>T4>Fort>City for one side and one side only. In the original there would be 1000s players on one side or the other and throughout the evening players would come and go in the 100s and the war-effort would b carried on. In this game there are 100s of players online at any given time and even less in the war-effort. Players being able to swap sides in the middle of this process, hedge their odds, thwart the progress made and collect rewards for that activity is not great. In another post I suggested maintain the same lockout but don't let the lockout progress to 0. Have it start at 60m and only tick down to 20-25 minutes if you are participating in RVR activity. This would stop someone who would run RVR on one side but then swap to the other side for Fort or City push/defense or when a micro AAO change happens. If tactical xrealming isn't an issue in the war-effort then a hard 20-25m lockout wont cause any problems will it?