Recent Topics

Ads

Possible change on the X-Realm lock mechanism

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sivine

Possible change on the X-Realm lock mechanism

Post#1 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:04 am

So, I head a lot of complaints about the X-realm for a while so it got me thinking about another mechanism to avoid side-swapping at the last moment.

There would no longer be a hard lock on a faction, you could switch as you please but for 3h after you switch (if you were PVP tagged during your playtime), you cannot earn either RP or Medals/Emblems. You'll have the debuff duration from the time you log off your character.

For example :
I just logged of my destro char at 16:00, I can go directly play order but until 19:00 I cannot get any reward from RvR/SC/Cities, if I chose to go back to destro at 17:00, I won't be able to get reward on destro until 20:00.

The idea behind this is that you can actually x-realm all you want but you actually get a negative effect from it without preventing you to play what you want when you want it.

Ads
TreefAM

Re: Possible change on the X-Realm lock mechanism

Post#2 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:35 am

xrealming is literally not an issue and used as an excuse by bads to explain why their zerg sieges failed
When the numbers suddenly drop and switch it isn't because people logged their destro/order chars, it's because they can't stand getting wiped once so they just leave and do something else.
The lockout should be removed so people chasing kills/AAO farm aren't punished when the other side gives up after a single push.

Panodil

Post#3 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:38 am

xrealming is not big issue no. But i wish realmpride someone could be rewarded so get some kind of realmwar instead of its being guild/alliance vs everyone like atm
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

havartii

Post#4 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:13 pm

Panodil wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:38 am xrealming is not big issue no. But i wish realmpride someone could be rewarded so get some kind of realmwar instead of its being guild/alliance vs everyone like atm
I really like this idea +1
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

zulnam

Post#5 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:58 pm

Seems like a needlessly complicated solution for something simple: triple the timer.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

lyncher12

Post#6 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:45 pm

just remove lockout all together
sorry but x-realming isn't why you are losing

M0rw47h

Post#7 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Sivine wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:04 am The idea behind this is that you can actually x-realm all you want but you actually get a negative effect from it without preventing you to play what you want when you want it.
You should be "rewarded", not "punished" for changing to underdog.
I wouldn't cut rewards, but maybe give multipers that accumulate, based on how long you play given faction.

For example. If player is playing only one faction (lets say Order), he should get bonus for being loyal to his realm. Such bonus could scale with time spent playing given realm, like +5% per day (up to 100%, renown and loot included). However, whenever player switches faction his bonus is reset, UNLESS the faction he switches to is underdog. This way we reward people loyal to their realm, punish opportunism and people who always go for underdog could stack bonuses on both realms making population a bit better.

havartii

Post#8 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:47 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:55 pm
Sivine wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:04 am The idea behind this is that you can actually x-realm all you want but you actually get a negative effect from it without preventing you to play what you want when you want it.
I wouldn't cut rewards, but maybe give multipers that accumulate, based on how long you play given faction.

For example. If player is playing only one faction (lets say Order), he should get bonus for being loyal to his realm. Such bonus could scale with time spent playing given realm, like +5% per day (up to 100%, renown and loot included). However, whenever player switches faction his bonus is reset, UNLESS the faction he switches to is underdog. This way we reward people loyal to their realm, punish opportunism and people who always go for underdog could stack bonuses on both realms making population a bit better.
How about something cosmetic? You see that cloak someone earned for representing 1 faction for a long time, lets say you earned loyalty tokens and would need to be on a certain side without switching to earn them. Should be a long grind ;)
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#9 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:25 pm

havartii wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:47 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:55 pm

How about something cosmetic? You see that cloak someone earned for representing 1 faction for a long time, lets say you earned loyalty tokens and would need to be on a certain side without switching to earn them. Should be a long grind ;)
We already know people care about progression much. I don't think anyone would make his faction choices based on cosmetic.

badoglio

Post#10 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:44 pm

xrealming is the only way for balance the population

we will see days of nightmares in ORVR when the lock will be extended
24/7 one sided zerg till city, people will just not swap and queue on that faction with people citylogging balancing the queue numbers

;)