Recent Topics

Ads

6 simple changes to bring Shadow Warrior closer to SH

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Akalukz

Re: 6 simple changes to bring Shadow Warrior closer to SH

Post#11 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:07 pm

25% armor pen for ranged SW would probably be a bit over the top because of the AoE range attacks. But 100% agree about the Fell the weak change suggestion. It is probably the biggest difference, and makes the rSH much easier to use vs the rSW
-= Agony =-

Ads
mryay

Post#12 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:12 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:00 pm Much better:
1- Mirror the RKD nerf to SW and drop it from 3sec => 2 sec

end
The overall of the SW class is more complex than just this change.

First, Eye Shot is in the Scout tree.
Second, the skill is 100 feet.
Third, it reduced the target's initiative, i.e. increase chances to receive critical damage from all sources.
In addition, 3s gives you enough time as a gap closer, not only for you but others (like mdps).

This is only my opinion, but I prefer the SW version on the SW because it fits the SW's flow of damage and output, even though having to stop while is an impediment compared to the SH.

But reducing the range KD to 2s can be an option if the skill is changed to "on the move". Or maybe something can be done with "Steady Aim". To be brought to realm champs I guess.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

SOcial

Post#13 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:23 pm

Honestly the 2.4k moral drop is just way too strong all around, to me it has to go, and those moral need an overall in placement as well. but thats not the topic here.

yeah scout isnt really the long range tbh, but 135 ft feel like way too much to me.

Honestly never put much thinking into this skill just discarded it lol
Mostly Order these days
Drukenbrad Mara 40/7x
Drunkenbill SH 40/7x
Drunkenlenny BG 40/7x

Drunkenemi SW 40/80
Drunkenbrian WH 40/80
Drunkenbob IB 40/80

And most of the Druken... character :p

vanbuinen77

Post#14 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:45 pm

Over the top changes.

There would be no reason to play any other dps with these in.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

vindicuss

Post#15 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:36 pm

SW is already too strong on both melee and ranged specs.

mryay

Post#16 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:41 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:45 pm Over the top changes.

I find your opinion quite interesting because most of the changes correspond to the actual state of the Squig Herder :).
(Furthermore, not even considering the Shadow Warrior has no pet to do damage and CC in parallel/addition of SH's damage and CC output)

Anyway.
No, you are wrong.
Even with these changes BW, Engi, Slayers, and WL would still be the kings of AoE, Engi would still have more useful CC, WL would still have high burst than aSW, and DPS Archmage would still have more survival than SW while being more useful to order.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Akalukz

Post#17 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:36 pm

vindicuss wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:36 pm SW is already too strong on both melee and ranged specs.
someone died it seems.... repeatedly
-= Agony =-

Evilest

Post#18 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:42 pm

Akalukz wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:36 pm
vindicuss wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:36 pm SW is already too strong on both melee and ranged specs.
someone died it seems.... repeatedly
Would you have a WH or a SW in your group.

Ads
vanbuinen77

Post#19 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:10 pm

mryay wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:41 pm
vanbuinen77 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:45 pm Over the top changes.

I find your opinion quite interesting because most of the changes correspond to the actual state of the Squig Herder :).
(Furthermore, not even considering the Shadow Warrior has no pet to do damage and CC in parallel/addition of SH's damage and CC output)

Anyway.
No, you are wrong.
Even with these changes BW, Engi, Slayers, and WL would still be the kings of AoE, Engi would still have more useful CC, WL would still have high burst than aSW, and DPS Archmage would still have more survival than SW while being more useful to order.
Nope. SW are fine as is for ST.

Minor tweaks only are needed.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

yoluigi

Post#20 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:27 pm

Right now SH are way to op they need a nerf to dmg and everybody know's it. Cant have the best mobility in the game and beat sorc, magus in dps...