Recent Topics

Ads

The "free immunity" problem

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Twyxx

Re: The "free immunity" problem

Post#11 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:25 pm

Now that’s what we call a l2p issue

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:04 pm

Nah, I prefer we empower the players to fix this in their own.
Dying is no option.

nebelwerfer

Post#13 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:28 pm

Twyxx wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:25 pm Now that’s what we call a l2p issue
obviously you are right, giving out "free immunities" is a big l2p issue. But do you think we can mitigate it by adjusting the immunity timer?

This would allow aoe punts to be used more frequently and the massive change this would bring to ORVR / SC has big implications. I find it hard to believe people who enjoy tryharding vs greater numbers wouldn't welcome a change to the immunity timers.
Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:04 pm Nah, I prefer we empower the players to fix this in their own.
I don't like the way players are "fixing" problems on their own, but thanks for your input.

MMXX43

Post#14 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:50 pm

there is also the cc disparity between realms , order doesnt have the cc overstack destro has in aoe form or otherwise , or non immunity giving abilities.....

Madmagnus

Post#15 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:17 pm

ufthakk wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:12 pm
Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm 1 and immunity is also not the norm for MMOs typically they either provide diminishing returns till immunity in 3-5 successive CCs
or its somewhere around 3 to get immunity.

Mag
can u name some of the mmo's u talking about ?
where do you want to start?

Dark ages of Camelot DAOC >>> Diminishing returns until ~4 hits where immunity kicks in (closest RVR comparison)
World of Warcraft >>> Diminishing returns until ~4th hit where immunity kicks in ~30 seconds
Archeage Unchained >>> diminishing returns until ~4th hit where immunity for 30 seconds
SWTOR
Everquest
Albion Online

This has been the norm for over 20 years.. 1 and immunity is completely against norms and for a cooperative MMO RVR game is pretty awful

Anything where 1 person could limit an effect of 40+ is bad policy

M0rw47h

Post#16 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:22 pm

There is no problem. No free immunities are handled in my closed play group.

Grock

Post#17 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:27 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:22 pm There is no problem. No free immunities are handled in my closed play group.
Yeah, until random lowbie engi/magus joins the fight :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Kloaner

Post#18 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:31 pm

Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm
Knockdown = 1 then immunity
Disorient = 1 then immunity
Pull = 3 then Immunity?
knockback = 3 then immunity

3 pulls could be savage but its single target... and if you are solo vs a group that has 3 pullers (6-7+ fighters) you are supposed to die whether getting pulled or horsed down repeatedly
Imu after 3 knockbacks and you can also remove guard in ranked.
Pull is only Singletarget? What about Engi/Magus Magus?
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#19 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:27 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:22 pm There is no problem. No free immunities are handled in my closed play group.
Yeah, until random lowbie engi/magus joins the fight :lol:
We usualy disengage then and let such ppl die.

Madmagnus

Post#20 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:48 pm
Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm 1 and immunity is also not the norm for MMOs typically they either provide diminishing returns till immunity in 3-5 successive CCs
or its somewhere around 3 to get immunity.

I would suggest lockouts stay 1 then immunity but pushes or pulls that do not lockout abilities move to 3x then immunity

Knockdown = 1 then immunity
Disorient = 1 then immunity
Pull = 3 then Immunity?
knockback = 3 then immunity

3 pulls could be savage but its single target... and if you are solo vs a group that has 3 pullers (6-7+ fighters) you are supposed to die whether getting pulled or horsed down repeatedly

Mag
you have played game 6 weeks and want to completely redesign the past 13 years of immunity systems

how about no?

as for OP, easiest way to avoid the issue is to avoid playing with people who cause issues with bad CC use.
Not my first time playing this game and I laugh at your sense of propriety. There is 25+ years of MMO history and this game has a brief 5 year retail stint of it with an immunity system that does not fit the norm. There are some fantastic, innovation that this game brought to the market for which I am back here playing it and there are some challenges that most likely contributed to its lack of success and failing to capture enough audience. If the goal of feedback is to have a better product then you have to actually consider change instead of responding with meritless, reputative drivel.