Recent Topics

Ads

The "free immunity" problem

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Madmagnus

Re: The "free immunity" problem

Post#21 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:42 pm

Kloaner wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:31 pm
Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm
Knockdown = 1 then immunity
Disorient = 1 then immunity
Pull = 3 then Immunity?
knockback = 3 then immunity

3 pulls could be savage but its single target... and if you are solo vs a group that has 3 pullers (6-7+ fighters) you are supposed to die whether getting pulled or horsed down repeatedly
Imu after 3 knockbacks and you can also remove guard in ranked.
Pull is only Singletarget? What about Engi/Magus Magus?
why I put a ? on pull; debatable. Pull could go either way but I would think pushes are pretty straight forward. 1 and immunity is a big issue why keep/fort fights are less dynamic than they should be

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#22 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:56 pm

Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:17 pm
ufthakk wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:12 pm
Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm 1 and immunity is also not the norm for MMOs typically they either provide diminishing returns till immunity in 3-5 successive CCs
or its somewhere around 3 to get immunity.

Mag
can u name some of the mmo's u talking about ?
where do you want to start?

Dark ages of Camelot DAOC >>> Diminishing returns until ~4 hits where immunity kicks in (closest RVR comparison)
I cant say how its nowdays but i have played daoc for some years (since release in NA servers until NF come out) and inmunity was given after first cc break, the inmunity duration was tied to cc duration => longer CC=longer inmunity (cant remember exactly the rate).

Sponn
Suspended

Post#23 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:38 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:48 pm
Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm 1 and immunity is also not the norm for MMOs typically they either provide diminishing returns till immunity in 3-5 successive CCs
or its somewhere around 3 to get immunity.

I would suggest lockouts stay 1 then immunity but pushes or pulls that do not lockout abilities move to 3x then immunity

Knockdown = 1 then immunity
Disorient = 1 then immunity
Pull = 3 then Immunity?
knockback = 3 then immunity

3 pulls could be savage but its single target... and if you are solo vs a group that has 3 pullers (6-7+ fighters) you are supposed to die whether getting pulled or horsed down repeatedly

Mag
you have played game 6 weeks and want to completely redesign the past 13 years of immunity systems

how about no?

as for OP, easiest way to avoid the issue is to avoid playing with people who cause issues with bad CC use.
Not my first time playing this game and I laugh at your sense of propriety. There is 25+ years of MMO history and this game has a brief 5 year retail stint of it with an immunity system that does not fit the norm. There are some fantastic, innovation that this game brought to the market for which I am back here playing it and there are some challenges that most likely contributed to its lack of success and failing to capture enough audience. If the goal of feedback is to have a better product then you have to actually consider change instead of responding with meritless, reputative drivel.
I find it funny how you say there are 25 years of mmo history yet we have never gotten anything like RoR in those 25 years.

I can't think of any other MMO that supports 300v300 battles on the reg and balances towards it.

You don't have to be offended, but in all honesty your idea is a bad one. There is a reason you can't spam chain CCs on 40 people when there are AOE knockdowns, stuns, staggers.

Get real dude.

If you want a CC spam fest go play SWTOR. Or WoW, or any of those MMOs you listed. Cause none of them are RoR. I haven't seen any MMO balance as well as RoR when accounting for such high numbers.

We have a large influx of WoW players coming in it seems, I've seen suggestions for gearscore and now this. I would suggest you try to understand the immunity system before you go bashing it and wishing for cc's of yesteryear with WoW.

Imagine stacking Maras for aoe knockdown, then another, then another, yikes.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#24 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:18 pm

Sponn wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:13 pm I haven't seen any MMO balance as well as RoR when accounting for such high numbers.
If I were a more snarky type this would go into my signature. :D
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Sponn
Suspended

Post#25 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:22 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:18 pm
Sponn wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:13 pm I haven't seen any MMO balance as well as RoR when accounting for such high numbers.
If I were a more snarky type this would go into my signature. :D
hey man i **** talk all day, but i guess it is because i care and i show it in the wrong way sometimes. I was raised on tough love and I guess I subscribe to it too much.

Please do. I'm not gonna discredit y'alls accomplishments, but I do have a bad habit of not biting my tongue when I see something implemented silly

Add it, please! It is the truth......

Sulorie

Post#26 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:23 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:28 pm
Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:04 pm Nah, I prefer we empower the players to fix this in their own.
I don't like the way players are "fixing" problems on their own, but thanks for your input.
But it is quite easy to fix. Don't mindlessly push your CC skills. If it happens too often caused by others, play with different people.
Dying is no option.

Madmagnus

Post#27 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:37 pm

you could be remezzed after first mez with diminishing returns in DAOC. Immunities came into play if the mez was broken / cleansed so someone couldn't create a stun effect by chaining a disorient.

physical effects followed a completely different policy this is why I am suggesting lockouts have one policy and effects like pushes and pulls a different policy.

I started with a Theurgist, mained a paladin, and acquired 2 off account clerics and Inflitrator. I will never forget the dirty hibby mezzes

Madmagnus

Post#28 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:51 pm

Sponn wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:13 pm
Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:38 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:48 pm

you have played game 6 weeks and want to completely redesign the past 13 years of immunity systems

how about no?

as for OP, easiest way to avoid the issue is to avoid playing with people who cause issues with bad CC use.
Not my first time playing this game and I laugh at your sense of propriety. There is 25+ years of MMO history and this game has a brief 5 year retail stint of it with an immunity system that does not fit the norm. There are some fantastic, innovation that this game brought to the market for which I am back here playing it and there are some challenges that most likely contributed to its lack of success and failing to capture enough audience. If the goal of feedback is to have a better product then you have to actually consider change instead of responding with meritless, reputative drivel.
I find it funny how you say there are 25 years of mmo history yet we have never gotten anything like RoR in those 25 years.

I can't think of any other MMO that supports 300v300 battles on the reg and balances towards it.

You don't have to be offended, but in all honesty your idea is a bad one. There is a reason you can't spam chain CCs on 40 people when there are AOE knockdowns, stuns, staggers.

Get real dude.

If you want a CC spam fest go play SWTOR. Or WoW, or any of those MMOs you listed. Cause none of them are RoR. I haven't seen any MMO balance as well as RoR when accounting for such high numbers.

We have a large influx of WoW players coming in it seems, I've seen suggestions for gearscore and now this. I would suggest you try to understand the immunity system before you go bashing it and wishing for cc's of yesteryear with WoW.

Imagine stacking Maras for aoe knockdown, then another, then another, yikes.
who said changing knockdowns? The suggestion was have 1 policy for lockouts AKA knockdowns, stuns, etc and another policy for pushes and pulls or possibly JUST pushes. If you can't effectively read and comprehend what another person writes you really shouldn't feel you have the authority or disposition required to respond.

Ads
Twyxx

Post#29 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:06 pm

As if this change would make people stop mindlessly giving free immunities. I don’t see a need to lower the skillcap even more. People *should* be punished when they make a mistake in their gameplay (in this case, not applying CC correctly) which is their target not dying/having immunity.
Secondly these changes don’t occur in a vacuum. I assume the OP plays mostly RvR and these changes would have a big effect on stuff like 6v6.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#30 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:11 pm

Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:37 pm you could be remezzed after first mez with diminishing returns in DAOC. Immunities came into play if the mez was broken
You can remezz, but the duration doesnt last longer than first mezz (at least in rvr)

In ROR cant say if inmmunity start when cc aplied of after ends, but really its exactly the same since reappling same effect dont make it last longer...the only difference is the inmunity duration, in ROR is a flat 30 secs while daoc is tied to cc duration...