Recent Topics

Ads

Targetting inanimate objects override

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Madmagnus

Targetting inanimate objects override

Post#1 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:44 pm

after 2 months one of my biggest frustrations is inanimate objects locking up my target.

Eg. Highpass cemetery, Attack on Praag, etc.

I try to capture the crypt and now have crypt in my target. I get jumped by a stealther and attempt to TAB target to nearest enemy and the TAB action will not override the inanimate crypt as my focus target
This is bad, my keystroke target request should override any/all previous targetting especially the clickable, inanimate object. I shouldn't have to mouse target or escape then tab target... it should fricken work.

This happens way more often since many SCs and RVR engagements have inanimate, targetable things
- all gates
- all flags and capture points
- RVR rams, gates, keep doors, postern doors, doors to some BOs which are in buildings

please address

Mag

Ads
Naelar

Re: Targetting inanimate objects override

Post#2 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm

Definitely frustrating to be unleashing your fury on 'Tower Door'.

Fenris78

Re: Targetting inanimate objects override

Post#3 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Yes please. Tab-targetting is already so bad with no priority on visible targets for instance, or pet's owners instead of pets...

Funneling with ST skills is a nightmare when everyone you want to target is behind walls and out of LoS... Playing "whack a mole" to catch the 1s in view peeps is awful. :/

This is the reason why AoE is so powerful in this game, and why assist is so bad ; no target needed, no problem.