Recent Topics

Ads

WH/WE Execution/Frenzy Range

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
shoelessHN

Re: WH/WE Execution/Frenzy Range

Post#21 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:00 am

teiloh wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:51 am
Krima wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:14 pm It would be very OP because of Flowing accusations. spaming dots from 30ft + aoe armor debuff from 40ft. WH = range class? :roll: Could open on target from 30ft
Burn armor, BAL into BH.. from 30ft!!!! u fail to see that?
What do you think guns do if not fire bullets at range?
Don't those attacks use the torch not bullets?

Ads
Parallell86

Post#22 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:37 am

shoelessHN wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:00 am
teiloh wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:51 am
Krima wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:14 pm It would be very OP because of Flowing accusations. spaming dots from 30ft + aoe armor debuff from 40ft. WH = range class? :roll: Could open on target from 30ft
Burn armor, BAL into BH.. from 30ft!!!! u fail to see that?
What do you think guns do if not fire bullets at range?
Don't those attacks use the torch not bullets?
Yes they do.

Koryu199X

Post#23 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:02 am

Indeed, burn away lies and burn heretic use a torch. I remember on live how powerful BaL was. If that was ranged along with burn heretic you could just pop out stealth dot up and run and the player would be dead, combine with insane parry and that would be the end of all things in the rvr lakes, this would further the other issue with the class. I find this thread very disconcerting, too many WH I think have spent their time poorly by ganking lowbies and using that ultra parry spec. Not saying the defensive spec is a bad concept I like the idea of the WH being more defensive with the right spec. However, I have looked at it and there is so much more that the WH can outside of this meta. There is the moral drain spec, exit wound which is good both offensively and defensively, heal debuffs, vindication for killing sorcs etc, encourage confession, I'm sure you will tell me they are all subpar but I don't see any WH trying new things or coming up with better specs. I think the reason your not asked for in cities is because of playstyle or lack of, not selling the useful group options you can do, AoE armour debuff being last on the list. If you want to be taken seriously you need to change your mentality and really assess what your class can do, can't do and shouldn't be able to do, we all need to think more and change our out look.

Atropik

Post#24 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:10 am

teiloh wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:34 am
Atropik wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:50 pm Having no ICD on kisses doesnt feel to be a buff for WE either, cause without Kiss of Doom it has no sence. 102% of order players strongly believe that WE has greater burst simply because of Kisses procs and if devs remove the ICD, it will start making over 9000 procs per second and burn away the entire order realm, but this is simply not true. 25% chance is like 3-4 extra hits per combat - having no ICD on it wont enhance WEs burst in any common way.
Witchbrew is a solid finisher.
Wbwas way OP on t2. It was solid finisher on t3, when people had like 5-6k hp. but now with all the 80+ sov.geared people around running with 9-10k hp - WB with static 1200-2400 dmg over 12 (!) seconds does not have much sence.
Last edited by Atropik on Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicelook | Obey

kryss

Post#25 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:11 am

Want to know the real truth? It all depends on the shifting meta and your capability of "surfing" it through improving your skills, maintain relations and being a in a guild or in a group of people that allow you to try things and adapt the playstyle.

Back in the first months of cities and Sov gear, with Sweeping razor hitting 9 targets, I ran an AoE setup with DG, blessed blades and vitriolic tactic and I could both drain the s***t out of destro and top damage and kills charts at the same time (above well known BWs, Slayers too): was the WH OP then? No, it was just a "coincidence", decent skill and positioning (not even great), good gear, right setup at the right time. Then, with the average gear/skill ratio in destro and order, it was simply good. Now the spec is obsolete and not working anymore, Triumphant pieces were introduced (yes, you should go for them even if you're in sov or warlord), new things are tried: want to know my "prediction" (which is not, as many people know it already)? The new WH meta in warbands will be EW/Excommunicate, very handy against stage 3 champs now that the timers were made longer. If people know you're a decent WH, and you spec accordingly, you might have your spot in a premade and won't need/ask for silly changes
Last edited by kryss on Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rumpel

Post#26 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:27 pm

Atropik wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:10 am
Atropik wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:50 pm Having no ICD on kisses doesnt feel to be a buff for WE either, cause without Kiss of Doom it has no sence. 102% of order players strongly believe that WE has greater burst simply because of Kisses procs and if devs remove the ICD, it will start making over 9000 procs per second and burn away the entire order realm, but this is simply not true. 25% chance is like 3-4 extra hits per combat - having no ICD on it wont enhance WEs burst in any common way.
Wbwas way OP on t2. It was solid finisher on t3, when people had like 5-6k hp. but now with all the 80+ sov.geared people around running with 9-10k hp - WB with static 1200-2400 dmg over 12 (!) seconds does not have much sence.
And it's wasting a gcd for activation and needs to much time with its internal CD for an profitabel damage compared to other spells, mostly fight is over already then. Really.... its only good when loaded while attacking a new target but that happens not that often. The only real use i see is against Tanks. In my experience.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

teiloh

Post#27 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:49 pm

shoelessHN wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:00 am Don't those attacks use the torch not bullets?
It was an answer to the "WH = Range class?" question. I don't think BAL/BH should be ranged either, but neither should most of the WE melee abilities.

teiloh

Post#28 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:49 pm

Atropik wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:10 am
It should ignore detaunts, challenge and other dmg reducers right?

Ads
Krima

Post#29 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:25 pm

Here is the truth @Ekundu01

The new pounce + snare its basically a meme skill... Its trash!! really trash! Its not even a gap closer. I havent seen any serious WE using it in ranked or cities, premades.
However, 90% of WHs using the new burn armor .. guess what!! :roll:

Besides OYK + DG

The WE frenzies that hit 30ft .. nobody uses it, ever!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIXw-Dj8nmk&t=885s[/youtube] take a look at some gameplay from teinhala.. Do you see her using ranged frenzies? The WE gameplay its all about in your face as close as possible. Rly not worth using puncture, hrt or ss from 30ft.. it hits for low 200s.

Lets take a look Sacrificial Stab.. Why use that from range when it boost your AA dmg?? :lol:. The SS build still avrg and when spced im poping SS from meelee. The correct way to play SS its to pop from meele range!!

Rutheless assault + Bleeding edge.. no sense using it from range!! 90% of the time uses it from meele in order to boost AA with armor pen and 2 GCD of slice or anything.

Reducing range from frenzies from 30ft to 15ft.. would not change the gameplay of a WE.

So, when u ask for a WH buff.. .Im ok with that. But pls stop writing trash about stuff you dont know regarding Witch elf!!

Thanks for the laugh again!! BH and BAL 30ft !!! :lol: :lol:
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

jughurta69

Post#30 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:37 pm

Krima wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:25 pm Thanks for the laugh again!! BH and BAL 30ft !!! :lol: :lol:
This time i agree with you, I laughed well