Recent Topics

Ads

Propose Your Armor Set Bonus Changes Here

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Strakar

Propose Your Armor Set Bonus Changes Here

Post#1 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm sure every class has at least that one armor set where the set bonus or stats are just suboptimal. Wanted to put together a thread to capture those suggestions, since it could be an easy change for the devs and open up more variety of itemization for players.

Mine is the SM Warlord set. The WS and armor pen bonuses don't make sense for our spirit damage.

Change 3 pc to tough or wound
Change 4 pc to parry
5 pc doesn't seem so great either but workable. I'm not a minmaxer but the parry/dodge/disrupt buff on def seems really good to put here if it stacks.

This would make it a good hybrid set between the offensive and defensive Sovereign sets. I would love to use something like this for a hybrid/def 2h build.

Generally I'd like to see more parry on the high end SM pieces too.

Others out there?

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Re: Propose Your Armor Set Bonus Changes Here

Post#2 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:33 pm

I dunno, off the top of my head change the Offensive Sov bonus for Chosen/Knight

Change the 15% crit dmg to either 6% crit chance or 6% parry.

15% crit dmg is useless for Knight, and Chosen.

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:06 am

I would like to see much more variey in the endgame set bonuses not same copy paste bonuses they have now, like the +2 in all sets should be removed and returned to lowbie gear. 3 piece should probly be first proc like ap or 10 % avoidances etc and 5 bonus another proc/buff/debuff.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Strakar

Post#4 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:14 pm

Another one that I think is an outright typo is the SM invader belt. It has only 30 total Stat points opposed to vanquisher's 52 stats. I don't think 2% dodge/disrupt is that much greater than 2% reduction in crit. It's basically unusable because it's a downgrade.

M0rw47h

Post#5 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:23 pm

Strakar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:14 pm Another one that I think is an outright typo is the SM invader belt. It has only 30 total Stat points opposed to vanquisher's 52 stats. I don't think 2% dodge/disrupt is that much greater than 2% reduction in crit. It's basically unusable because it's a downgrade.
Well, 2% reduction crit alone is superior to 2% d/d ;)

Nosun

Post#6 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:27 pm

The immediate thing that also comes to mind for me is the Knights offensive sov set. The increase to crit damage when really its impossible to get a high crit rate is pretty usless.

Detangler

Post#7 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Remove weaponskill stats from all Chosen armor sets.

All of them.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

jughurta69

Post#8 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:31 pm

useless suggestions, i want , i want , i want , i want to be a god .
Nothing constructive

Let's wait for the new job and see the possibilities that will be offered to us

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:59 pm

jughurta69 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:31 pm useless suggestions, i want , i want , i want , i want to be a god .
Nothing constructive

Let's wait for the new job and see the possibilities that will be offered to us

very constructive post

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:45 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:23 pm
Strakar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:14 pm Another one that I think is an outright typo is the SM invader belt. It has only 30 total Stat points opposed to vanquisher's 52 stats. I don't think 2% dodge/disrupt is that much greater than 2% reduction in crit. It's basically unusable because it's a downgrade.
Well, 2% reduction crit alone is superior to 2% d/d ;)
Avoidance stats are valued at 6 points each, crit is valued at 10 points each. There might be other differences as well, or there might be a hidden stat that needs to be flagged to show up correctly. Armor pen does that.

Regarding weaponskill bonuses on tank gear, it's not going away. Weaponskill has value for every auto attack and some parry bonus as well.

Every class has some inefficiency in their set gear stats. Perfectly optimized sets were never the goal as they provide no real choice and invalidate other sets as options. Choices and tradeoffs in how you gear up, taking efficiency hits to get to desired stats or set bonuses is a primary consideration that enables different sets to be used for different reasons, rather than the highest level set always being better in every way.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog