Recent Topics

Ads

Invader set for Witch Elf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Parallell86

Invader set for Witch Elf

Post#1 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:47 am

I dont know how the Invader set looks like for WH, I would guess it's the same. But frankly as I was grinding my way towards Invader set, I realised it's completely ****. Vanquisher has overall more damage and better procs than Invader do. The belt itself give me 2% parry and 2% dodge while Vanquisher belt has 36 melee power. I lose alot of juice running invader and to only gain a mere 20 toughness or so through the set stats. Which made me realise the set is no good beyond 2 piece bonus for Strenght and mix it with vanquisher. The remaining set bonuses are completely useless.

A set that requires so much more grind than Vanquisher should certainly have greater benefits than this? Some classes truly benefit from invader set while others receive a "dude, just get sovereign."

Ads
Luthyen

Re: Invader set for Witch Elf

Post#2 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:52 am

Yeah the same with Mara. In my opinion the invader unlock should be count for bloodlord too. Cause most times when invader set is shitty, bloodlord shines, so u dont have to farm invader only for the unlock. Another idea whould be to simply implement a second invader set ( so more skilltrees will be covered by the invader set, if you are forced to farm the invader set by all means)

Bowldancer

Post#3 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:56 am

That is a bigger issue. Especially rough when it is the endgame sets. I hope we have more vertical and horizontal progression in the future. Otherwise there should be a rework of some sets.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Caduceus

Post#4 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:57 am

In my opinion, the only real issue with Invader sets is that they do not fit the meta, but that doesn't make them bad. I think they're actually nice, balanced sets with interesting bonuses. Just something that is underappreciated if nothing else.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Parallell86

Post#5 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:04 am

Caduceus wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:57 am In my opinion, the only real issue with Invader sets is that they do not fit the meta, but that doesn't make them bad. I think they're actually nice, balanced sets with interesting bonuses. Just something that is underappreciated if nothing else.
WEs have no meta. Its a matter of playstyle. The invader set like I said is only good for mixing. And sure, the 25% aa dmaage proc can be used with sacrificial stab build. But sacrifical stab is not even amongst the WEs better builds. AA proccs that requires you to get 5 blood lust before you can proc them with full potential, as a light armored melee class you are half dead by the time you proc it.

nat3s

Post#6 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:09 am

It's such a shame as the game lacks a bridge set between Vanq and Sov. At present Sov is so superior that newer players just get stomped.

Invader could be that set... Missed opportunity for me.

Invader is really weak, inferior to Vanq, Sent, Bloodlord and Onslaught (other than Slayer/Choppa where it fits nicely as a bridge set and the fort grind feels so much more enjoyable).

Totally get that you don't want sets to be perfectly itemised due to power creep, but the stats on Invader are so inferior that it's not even in the ballpark of fitting between Vanq and Sov or competing with less item level sets. Very ood.
Last edited by nat3s on Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Koryu199X

Post#7 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:16 am

I agree, some of the invader bonuses are alright but a lot of classes lose too much and playstyles really come into this more. I think also because invader was and is very hard to get it means you could be stuck grinding a lot.

nebelwerfer

Post#8 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:26 am

Yep it's frustrating when it's a probably the worst farm in the game besides pre nerf gunbad (not because of challenge or difficulty but because time-investment, player w issues and bugs)

it's also annoying because you literally cannot farm the actual bis gear before you complete it so all of your time invested in RVR pre invader-ward is towards a bad set.

Enough with showing how problematic it is, now how do we fix it ?

Easy! You swap stats on the invader set and the ranked-solo set. So the BIG issue is now an irrelevant one.

you're welcome!

Until then, do yourself a favor and please go farm chap 22 onslaught gear and just enjoy the game after this... invader will come in time..

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:19 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:04 am
Caduceus wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:57 am In my opinion, the only real issue with Invader sets is that they do not fit the meta, but that doesn't make them bad. I think they're actually nice, balanced sets with interesting bonuses. Just something that is underappreciated if nothing else.
WEs have no meta. Its a matter of playstyle. The invader set like I said is only good for mixing. And sure, the 25% aa dmaage proc can be used with sacrificial stab build. But sacrifical stab is not even amongst the WEs better builds. AA proccs that requires you to get 5 blood lust before you can proc them with full potential, as a light armored melee class you are half dead by the time you proc it.
You are not half dead, if doing pve instances. Maxing aa dmg gives you a lot more sustained damage.
Not every set has to be a straight upgrade for every situation.
Invader is not good for WE but it doesn't have to be either. Imagine you enter t4 and start to earn sov crests en mass, you would skip all other sets and directly swap to sov. This is not intended. Some sets are just filler.
Dying is no option.

Parallell86

Post#10 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:43 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:19 pm
Parallell86 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:04 am
You are not half dead, if doing pve instances. Maxing aa dmg gives you a lot more sustained damage.
Not every set has to be a straight upgrade for every situation.
Invader is not good for WE but it doesn't have to be either. Imagine you enter t4 and start to earn sov crests en mass, you would skip all other sets and directly swap to sov. This is not intended. Some sets are just filler.
Earn Royal Crests en mass? You need rr 70+ to equip sovereign. You need to equip full invader before you get Royal Crests in your zone bags. I dont see your point. Why would invader on intention be inferior to vanquisher? Then whats the bloody point? ANd how does it make sense that it requires higher renown rank to wear?