Recent Topics

Ads

Please tone down the ingame mutes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Valarion

Please tone down the ingame mutes

Post#1 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:59 pm

I recently received a 30 day mute for saying "we really suck beaver d..k". While this is my 4th or 5th minor offense since the inception of this game, this is my only recent offense in literally months.

This is not an appeal.

I am asking that the moderators moderate with just a little more discretion commiserate with the severity of the offense and the real frequency. Im also asking that we get some kind of "reset" that if there has been no violation in x # of months or years, a clean slate is restored and another minor offense doesnt immediately jump to a 14/30/60/90 day mute.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Please tone down the ingame mutes

Post#2 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:55 pm

Another option would be to learn the lesson and behave differently in the future? Breaking the rules every few month a little bit is ok then?
Dying is no option.

M0rw47h

Post#3 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:26 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:55 pm Breaking the rules every few month a little bit is ok then?
This playerbase is triggering.

vindicuss

Post#4 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:14 pm

30 days, damn!

And yes, i've known of people who get muted for silly things, it's kind of hard to tell what a moderator considers something a reason to be muted. There could be a list of the 'banned words' that will get you muted if you talk about it in public chat.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:27 am

It's really not that hard. If you keep getting muted and you can't figure out why, just stop using public chats. That's essentially what being muted blocks anyway.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog